The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: I can't wait to be Mutanted!
Mutagen Man!!! 28 25.69%
Life is not like a video game - Hey Coins! *Mario noise!* 64 58.72%
Hey, I'm the sword guy, I make the decisions around here! 13 11.93%
There's something really satisfying about not losing... 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Episode Discussion #23: "Pulverizer Returns" - NOW with clips!

Alrighty, time for a lil Gary Stu/Mutant Mayhem/Weapon Switching action!

Watch Shredder nearly neuter DogPound!

Watch the boys trade off weapons just like the FCBD Comic!

If I could just get this to embed correctly...

Okay, So Shredder's sick of the sub-par results with DogPound, and he's getting desperate for some worthy fighters for the clan. Bradford can't possibly just airdrop a bunch of battle-ready foot soldiers. Shredder's still got Karai's pet Kraang, and he's getting some despicable ideas running through his head. We could either end up with a batallion of Season one mutants coming back for the big brawl, or this could be a whole new slew of Robotic foot soldiers a la the Old Toon.

And somewhere, in the dark alleys of the City, our plump little warrior... The Pulverizer. He's working out... he's running roads, bounding stairs - pulling a Rocky, complete with montage of screaming anklebiters on his heels. He's building himself to be harder, better, faster, stronger... heck, we've got Kanye West going on here...

So in this episode, the three groups are going to collide - violently, probably. Could we see the Pulverizer pull off a genuine Tosh.O Web Redemption? Or is he going to get his butt handed to him again? Or worse, get himself mutated into something terrible? Non-lead human characters have an awful batting average when it comes to surviving more than one episode. We may have to start a Red Shirt list at this rate...

WILL SHREDDER GET HIS KILLER ARMY?!
WILL PULVERIZER SURVIVE TO THE END STILL INTACT AND HUMAN?!
HOW MANY TIMES WILL RAPH HIT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD BEFORE HE GETS A CONCUSSION?!

Stay Tuned!!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Well, we found out what happened to him... poll coming up!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Well, we found out what happened to him... poll coming up!
Mutagen man! And make sure you add, " Oh look, a coin!" to the poll.

This episode was great, they fooled us with the pulverizers mutation, and the fighting in this episode was amazing, I love episodes with the foot as the main enemy, hopefully they become bigger in season 2. I found myself laughing at pulverizer, being funnier then his first episode.
And need I mention mutagen man?
8.0/10
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

So this is interesting...

Spoiler:
I am surprised they mutated him however I think it's cool we got a glimpse of what I assume will be Mutagen Man

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Pulverizer is Mutagenman. Knew he wouldn't be Newtrailzer. And Shredder was trying to create an army of mutants. So I wonder if he ends up creating Newtrailzer?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
LH
Leatherhead

Whoa... just.. woah...

Mutagen Man looks truly horrifying! I feel bad for Pulverizer.. He may have been a doofus that messed everything up.. But now he's a pile of organs in yellow sludge. Interesting that the container he's in looks reminiscent of his old body. I can imagine Donnie will add limbs to it soon.

Also.. Coins!!! *mario noise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Pulverizer is Mutagenman. Knew he wouldn't be Newtrailzer. And Shredder was trying to create an army of mutants. So I wonder if he ends up creating Newtrailzer?
Possibly.. That would explain all the weapons.

It looks like Shredder and that Kraang will be working closer together from now on...
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
Whoa... just.. woah...

Mutagen Man looks truly horrifying! I feel bad for Pulverizer.. He may have been a doofus that messed everything up.. But now he's a pile of organs in yellow sludge. Interesting that the container he's in looks reminiscent of his old body. I can imagine Donie will add limbs to it soon.

Yeah, the organs were pretty heavy for a kids show, the whole transformation was.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

An extremely disappointing episode for me....I just really didn't enjoy any of it. Timothy's mutation.....was just stupid. The scene of him getting mutated was really creepy and dark, and I was disappointed to see him turn into some weird blob thing instead of the Newtralizer. It was cool to see some more of the Foot and the Dragon Chopper though. So all in all, nothing special, and in my opinion, not worth the wait. I'm sick of waiting through these episodes expecting something big, only for Shredder to say his plans at THE END, and then not even carry them out in the next episode. And what the heck was up with the descriptions for this episode? It said the turtles had to rely on Timothy to defeat Shredder's newly formed army of mutants. WHAT ARMY OF MUTANTS? It's sad to say but this episode kind of sucked. I'd rather watch Turtle Temper than this episode...

EDIT: After reading some of the posts above, I realize that Timothy is probably going to become Mutagen Man. That's cool I guess, but not enough to make it a great episode.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
NiNi
Hench Mutant

Man... the episode was good, but near the last bit of the episode, it was really hard to watch for me. Almost nightmare fuel-ish. -shudders-
Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
Whoa... just.. woah...

Mutagen Man looks truly horrifying! I feel bad for Pulverizer.. He may have been a doofus that messed everything up.. But now he's a pile of organs in yellow sludge. Interesting that the container he's in looks reminiscent of his old body. I can imagine Donie will add limbs to it soon.

Possibly.. That would explain all the weapons.

It looks like Shredder and that Kraang will be working closer together from now on...
Yeah I felt bad for him but Donnie warned him so many times. And Donnie had some good fight scenes. I'm leaning towards Shredder and Kraang creating Newtrailzer. And the Shredder and Kraang alliance is almost like the OT now.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
snake
Disgusting

I'm surprised most people found the transformation creepy, sure it was kind of disturbing, but my five year old brother didn't seem to mind it. But he was expecting the newtrailizer to appear.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I knew Newtralizer looked too bad-ass to have originally have been Pulverizer. You don't just get a whole new personality from mutating.

But wow. Mutagen Man was worse. I feel horribley sorry for the guy. He totally did not deserve to be some weird blob monster with his internal organs floating around. I know he was warned and such, but c'mon, all you see are mutant turtles, dogs and fish monsters. You're kinda expecting to become some kinda kick-ass mutant animal, and not a glob thing. Unless they do like the 80's show where he can turn into anyone, it's really gonna suck for him. He can't even talk. The whole mutation scene was like out of a horror movie.

Pulverizer never touched any kind of animal either, so I do wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Glad to finally see the Dragon Chopper in an episode. Product placement all around was great.....lol. Love how Donnie really kicks butt in this episode...

....the weapon switch thing was my absolute favorite though. I do it with my figures all the time

....add "Timothy is jacked up!!" to the poll! XD

Pulverizer's mutation was great though. It really made me feel sad in a way....all the crying and the "IT HURTS!!!" stuff......great stuff.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
I'm surprised most people found the transformation creepy, sure it was kind of disturbing, but my five year old brother didn't seem to mind it. But he was expecting the newtrailizer to appear.
Didn't bother my 4 year old either. My 4 year old is more concerned with where Leatherhead is lol. My wife thought he was nasty though.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
Magical_Guy_Alex
Random Punk

Darn....from the looks of it, it seems like
Spoiler:
Pulverizer didn't mutate into the Newtralizer at all. Instead, he could very well become Mutagen Man. It doesn't make sense though. He was next to Dogpound, Fishface, AND all 4 turtles at the same time. How does he mutate into.....that?

Oh well, excellent episode, as always. Pulverizer always did get a good chuckle or two out of me.
Magical_Guy_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #16
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
My 4 year old is more concerned with where Leatherhead is lol.
Aww..
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Well, I did not see Pulverizer's mutation being that. I do agree that his mutation scene was pretty dark. This episode was alright.

Also, are we sure Tim is Mutagen Man? I thought he wouldn't appear until season 2?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
pannoni1
Foot Elite

This is actually episode #22, though I don't see any episode plotholes with this one, since there weren't any new characters introduced in this episode (barring the Pulverizer's Mutation). To me my favorite part of the episode was how Raph said that anything is a weapon, given the theme about how Splinter had the Turtles switching weapons (great idea as this has never been done before), and then later eliminating all of their weapons to show that no weapons can show that you're not equipped, and wrong weapons have the wrong chemistry to getting the job done efficiently. With this episode, it looks like the Shredder/Krang bond is now complete with the Foot stealing various mutagen. As far as the Pulverizer/Timothy deciding to mutate, it was his choice and I feel that since the mutation even took his voice with him, it may have been a bad choice except for scaring the enemies away. A number of video game references in this episode (easy mode, the NES coin sound, the Game Boy power on sound, and even 8-bit styled bumpers around the commercial breaks. And the time bomb while trying to escape from a warehouse is always a classic way for an episode's climax, though the clock should have been set at three and not two minutes since that's how long the scene actually took place. It's also probably going to be the only time that Rob Paulsen voiced a Nick Turtle holding sais!

Overall: 8/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Didn't bother my 4 year old either. My 4 year old is more concerned with where Leatherhead is lol. My wife thought he was nasty though.
Same here, he asks me if leatherheads okay on a daily basis then he goes back to drawing dogpound.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Yep, it's Mutagen Man alright. Am I the only one who actually feels bad for Timothy ? I mean grant it, he wanted to turn into a mutant, but I mean what a way to go. When he saw himself in the mirror and he rubbed his tentacle on his face, I felt sorry for him. Pulverizer just wanted to help in his own goofy/klutzy way.

I wonder what April's reaction is going to be when sees him. I was surprised she wasn't in this episode being that she now has to live with the Turtles and Splinter to avoid The Kraang.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, nick