The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #141
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyatemypizza View Post
A real sh😱t storm boys. I haven't bought anything outside of Canada since before Christmas. Except for a Tom Baker head. Everything else has been purchased from within the Can.
yeah lucky for me i have a friend on these here parts who helps me out but i've been doing some Ebay shopping and it's starting to hurt more and more. but as hardcore collectors, sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do brothers and sisters

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #142
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
only bad thing is our dollar being a total sh*t cluster-f*ck
^^^THIS^^^

I've been buying Funko Hikaris online lately, due to stores here not stocking them due to them not being "popular".

I feel like I'm getting a great deal at first...then I look at the conversion and cry a little. Still not over paying, but the savings have become minimal at best
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #143
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

I'm hoping at Fan Expo later this month there will be some vendors with vintage Tmnt items perhaps

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #144
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Just hit the Wal-Mart by my work in Richmond Hill...total bust. This store generally sucks, but I was in there looking for the Marvel Legends wave 2 Spider Man figures (of which they had none).

Here's what they had if anyone is in need of any of the items.

-Casey Jones x1
-Kirby Bat x1
-Shredder 2.0 x1
-Mouser packs x3
-Turtle Blimp x 3
-metal head, Leo, Don "combiners"
-Classics Bebop x1
-A couple ooze slinger figures

The TRU across the road was packed with mouser packs, a couple wave 1 foot soldiers, cockroach terminator and a few classics Bebop and Rocksteady.

Will hit up another store after work and post any interesting findings.

PS all of us Canadians should gang up, hunt in all the provinces and start helping each other out
Old 04-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #145
Shedder
Hench Mutant

^^^^^ I agree with this.
I try and update this thread any time I see anything new in my local stores.
Unfortunately the same problem is throughout Canada it seems. It takes forever to get anything new and that's even if we ever do like some of the classics.
I still haven't seen any of the mystery minis never mind the other blind-box stuff.
You seem to get better quicker updates in the Richmond Hill/Toronto area then we do here in Burlington. Finally got the Nic Comic turtles. I know the articulation isn't great nor the paint but they look nice posed on my desk at the office. I was also able to get the Classics movie star turtles a while back. A LCS had brought them in and was offering them at a much fairer price compared to ebay or some of the other toy stores that looked into them for me.
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #146
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
^^^^^ I agree with this.
I try and update this thread any time I see anything new in my local stores.
Unfortunately the same problem is throughout Canada it seems. It takes forever to get anything new and that's even if we ever do like some of the classics.
I still haven't seen any of the mystery minis never mind the other blind-box stuff.
You seem to get better quicker updates in the Richmond Hill/Toronto area then we do here in Burlington. Finally got the Nic Comic turtles. I know the articulation isn't great nor the paint but they look nice posed on my desk at the office. I was also able to get the Classics movie star turtles a while back. A LCS had brought them in and was offering them at a much fairer price compared to ebay or some of the other toy stores that looked into them for me.
PM me. We can set something up. I can ship cheap using Purolator through work or arrange meetups for exchange. Let me know what you're hunting

I don't hunt often in Richmond Hill because its only where I work. I regularly hunt downtown Toronto, east end Toronto and the Durham Region. Mystery minis don't seem to be kicking around much these days, in the last month I have only seen a case at Silver Snail downtown, but if you are looking for them check out your local HMV as they had them for awhile. I havn't seen the Kid Robot boxes in months. Loyal Subjects blind boxes are starting to show up in Hot Topic now so you may be able to find some at the Mapleview mall out your way (they usually have bogo 50% off on toys). If you are looking for certain Loyal Subjects figures I know a guy who has a few left but is asking between $20-$25 per figure. I'm currently looking for all the loyal subject chase figures and if I come across a brand new case I know the layouts well enough to know where they hide 'em.

I have yet to see the 90's movie classics anywhere. They kind of suck, but I still want them and eventually get some new head sculpts.

Like i said, let me know what you're looking for and I can try and help you out.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #147
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

if u find a Nick B & R ever hook me up

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #148
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier

does anyone know if in Ontario you can get Mutagen Leo and LMutagen Mike (minimates)? Not you personally, just if it is possible. Would like to complete my minimates collection.
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #149
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
if u find a Nick B & R ever hook me up
I got your back.

If I see B&R I will buy up several and let this thread know. I won't scalp to fellow Canadian Drome members...but any leftovers will probably get the "make a profit" treatment.

For the time being I have access to my work's Purolator account (I will have to pay for the shipments and naturally charge you guys but I can send boxes within Ontario for $5-$10, things get a little pricier heading west but they will still be considerably cheaper than Canada post's rates). I will not ship to the US or International...its too expensive and quite frankly I don't want to fill out customs declaration forms.

I have yet to see any B&R at retail, but I honestly have not been looking too hard for them either. If I put my mind to it, I'm sure I can dig them up. If anyone wants to PM me with their wish list, I'm ok with that but if I pick up any items up I will need payment within a week or else I will be returning merch back to the store if its not an item that I can sell elsewhere.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #150
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianke_2002 View Post
does anyone know if in Ontario you can get Mutagen Leo and LMutagen Mike (minimates)? Not you personally, just if it is possible. Would like to complete my minimates collection.
Try Silver Snail downtown. Last time I was in there they had the blind bag TMNT mini mates. Not sure what the deal is with the mutagen variants regarding exclusivity and what not though.

Are they putting these guys in the blind bags or are they selling 2 packs in blister card format? Cool figures just not on my personal radar.

***Sorry for the double post. Need to learn the forum set up better to include double quote***
Old 04-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #151
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Dont want to step on anyone's feet especially yours Turtle_power_eh as you seem to be a great resource of Ontario Turtle collecting knowledge.
Canadiandrome I see the classics B&R every time im in Walmart.
I can pick them up for you and mail em out if you like.
Thanks for all your collecting info over the past year or so as well
Ive only been in this game 2 years now but my collection is pretty much what I want now
Old 04-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #152
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Dont want to step on anyone's feet especially yours Turtle_power_eh as you seem to be a great resource of Ontario Turtle collecting knowledge.
Canadiandrome I see the classics B&R every time im in Walmart.
I can pick them up for you and mail em out if you like.
Thanks for all your collecting info over the past year or so as well
Ive only been in this game 2 years now but my collection is pretty much what I want now

Damn you, Shedder!

j/k, dude. Like I said before; I'm not here trying to turn a profit at all. Just want to help fellow Canadian TMNT fans out.

...but I think he is referring to the Nickelodeon 5" Bebop and Rocksteady, not the 6" classics versions. The classics B&R are warming pegs just about everywhere these days.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #153
Shedder
Hench Mutant

hahaha I don't want to profit off anyone either. Pay it forward. Ppl have helped me and I'm more then willing to help them.
Ah yes where the hell are those Nick R+B. I want those as well
I check every couple of weeks
Old 04-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #154
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Quote:
hahaha I don't want to profit off anyone either. Pay it forward. Ppl have helped me and I'm more then willing to help them.
Ah yes where the hell are those Nick R+B. I want those as well
I check every couple of weeks
Yeah it is annoying that it is 5 months after they came out in the US but still not available here. Since we imported them from the US for our son's 6th birthday, when they do come out I wont care anymore. They are cool sculpts but the articulation and the few missing paint apps is kinda disappointing. The kids seem to like them just fine thouh. Hope when they do finally arrive they will have other figures with them like the mystic turtles.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #155
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
Try Silver Snail downtown. Last time I was in there they had the blind bag TMNT mini mates. Not sure what the deal is with the mutagen variants regarding exclusivity and what not though.

Are they putting these guys in the blind bags or are they selling 2 packs in blister card format? Cool figures just not on my personal radar.

***Sorry for the double post. Need to learn the forum set up better to include double quote***
god how much do i love Silver Snail! omg! so much

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-10-2015, 11:10 PM   #156
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Well if you love it so much, why don't you marry it?
Sorry but I had to use that one.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:05 AM   #157
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier

I bought a "case" of tmnt minimates (18 packs) from my local comic shop (for 100$) and got Mutagen Raph. I have a feeling all comic shops are gonna get Raph. Wrong thread, but if anyone wants to buy minimates of the 4 turtles, shredder, april, regular foot soldier and footbot...I have doubles with all the weapon accesories.
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #158
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
LOL you must be a tourist. As much as I like that shop, I hate it just as much.

If you lived close by and visited frequently you would get a bad taste in your mouth. They are the kind of store that charges scalper prices on some newer items that they deem "hard to find"...when in reality I can walk into another shop flip through their previews guide and say "order me this", and then end up paying $15-$20 less than I would have at the snail.

Anyways, was out doing a little hunting over the weekend (more so for marvel legends than anything TMNT)...still no Bebop and Rocksteady. Came across Casey, Squirelnoid, Slash, kirby bat, Spider bites, all the storage shell turtles and one toys r us with 3 pegs of mouser packs, lol, like 18 of them.

If anyone is looking for the ML Odin BAF figures I have come across several full sets at multiple Walmarts and TRU...I'm craving the new spider man wave though and have had zero success finding a single figure. Oh well, did score an extra ML Black Cat to ease the pain.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:38 PM   #159
cloud
Stone Warrior

For a lot of the blind box stuff I just end up buying a full case online and pick them up at the boarder. At the end it saves me the hassle of finding out which store will carry them and price, etc.

As for the TMNT minimates mutagen variants. Mutagen Leo is exclusive 2pack at Toys R Us in the States. Mutagen Michelangelo is a K mart exclusive so Ebay is pretty much the only option for Canadian collectors unless you can find someone willing to trade/sell.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:13 AM   #160
Crocapete
Random Punk

Do you guys still see the movie van anywhere? Gone here in the us :/. I could hook some people up with bb and rs for the van. Live in Wisconsin so I'm pretty close anyway

Last edited by Crocapete; 04-13-2015 at 04:25 AM.
Crocapete is offline   Reply With Quote