The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #301
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the only major bee in Spike's bonnet is threads turning into socio-political crap-fests in the general section of the forum, which is a more recent issue that I don't think has any part in influencing how this site was viewed in years past.
Yeah, that seems to be what the OP is getting at. Those are the ultimate funkillers, especially when it happens in threads about f*cking capeshit.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #302
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,658
Yeah when it comes to discussing TMNT this site is pretty tame. Except for the PD section, ofc. But the other TMNT sections are fine.

Most people come here to discuss the TMNT first and foremost so I doubt the General Discussion forums have much influence in how this place is viewed outside.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #303
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,775
That hasn't been my experience.
The people I've talked to who don't view the place favorably do so because of both the TMNT threads, and the overall culture of the boards.

Your mileage may vary.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #304
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That hasn't been my experience.
The people I've talked to who don't view the place favorably do so because of both the TMNT threads, and the overall culture of the boards.

Your mileage may vary.
The rare tmnt thread that contributes actual discussion often turn out to be great. See the "why do you all want the same movie" thread for a recent example.

The comic section is also 100% discussion based
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #305
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That hasn't been my experience.
The people I've talked to who don't view the place favorably do so because of both the TMNT threads, and the overall culture of the boards.

Your mileage may vary.
Well rarely have I seen fights break out in the TMNT sections outside of the PD.

The GD is where you find mroe clashes. You also gotta keep in mind that several members barely post in the TMNT sections nowadays or just don't post there at all due to outgrowing the franchise. So the people who post in the TMNT sections can be quite different from the ones who regularly post on the GD ones.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #306
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well rarely have I seen fights break out in the TMNT sections outside of the PD.

The GD is where you find mroe clashes. You also gotta keep in mind that several members barely post in the TMNT sections nowadays or just don't post there at all due to outgrowing the franchise. So the people who post in the TMNT sections can be quite different from the ones who regularly post on the GD ones.
This is very true. I started out mostly posting in the toy collecting threads and there is rarely a fight in there. The only argument I've gotten in there is when someone blames the toy company for their local Target or Walmart not getting the figure they are looking for.
__________________
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #307
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
I've noticed Cybercubed getting very interested in the political stuff and even posting about it in General TMNT section and in the PD section at one point. Most of the other stuff hasn't been too bad and even that religious thread didn't get ugly for the most part and wasn't even locked, IIRC.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #308
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Yeah, that seems to be what the OP is getting at. Those are the ultimate funkillers, especially when it happens in threads about f*cking capeshit.
When both of the capeshit CBMs this year had political narratives, and it's an election year, AND the rise of PC culture...

It's the conversation of the day, it's what people are talking about.

Hard to ignore.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #309
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well rarely have I seen fights break out in the TMNT sections outside of the PD.

The GD is where you find mroe clashes. You also gotta keep in mind that several members barely post in the TMNT sections nowadays or just don't post there at all due to outgrowing the franchise. So the people who post in the TMNT sections can be quite different from the ones who regularly post on the GD ones.
The Nickelodeon section can get ugly, sometimes. But other than cubed getting butthurt over any measure of criticism, the rest of the TMNT sections are pretty cool. The comics section is in awesome shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
When both of the capeshit CBMs this year had political narratives, and it's an election year, AND the rise of PC culture...

It's the conversation of the day, it's what people are talking about.

Hard to ignore.
QFT.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:05 AM   #310
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,019
The comic section has less ridiculous posts because far less people read the comics than anything else TMNT related, and the younger kids don't post there either because they don't buy the comics.

That and with only 1 or 2 issues coming out a month...there's not much to say most of the time. You read the new issue, post some comments what you thought, maybe some speculation of the future....and that's it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #311
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,763
When will the Nick be cancelled, and why is it next year?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #312
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,019
I get so sad everytime a TMNT cartoon ends.

When the original cartoon ended in 1996 I was sad, (but I was also only 12 years old at the time)

When the 2k3 series ended in 2009 I was sad, (although it was for the best as the show was clearly on its last legs by BTTS)

And when the Nick cartoon ends I will also be sad.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #313
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I get so sad everytime a TMNT cartoon ends.

When the original cartoon ended in 1996 I was sad, (but I was also only 12 years old at the time)

When the 2k3 series ended in 2009 I was sad, (although it was for the best as the show was clearly on its last legs by BTTS)

And when the Nick cartoon ends I will also be sad.
At least now we can be rest assured the property won't die like we were afraid of in 2009 and 1997.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM   #314
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
At least now we can be rest assured the property won't die like we were afraid of in 2009 and 1997.
Unlike both of those instances, the comics are there (at least on a more marketable, well known level) to keep fans engaged as they grow out of the cartoon that introduced them to the lore.

I was introduced to the original comics when I found a beat-up, slightly tattered copy of Collected Book 1 at my college bookstore. A teenager or college kid today can use their phone to order the oversized hardcover Ultimate Collections, thanks to the valiant efforts of IDW. Mirage is in print again after years of obscurity, and the newer stuff is a great stepping stone for younger fans.

If Volume 3 gets published, maybe the Image stuff will really send 'em for a loop.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cubed and tothenines, cubed's got it, cubedindenial, dawn of fat hookers, meow is vandalay, microagressions, snake vs the world, threads about cubed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.