The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #641
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruz View Post
This time I had my payment info saved in their system, clicked “Complete Order” with the quickness, and it told me that I needed to reenter my credit card info! I thought for sure this would be strike 3 and I’m out, but I had the card on standby, typed the info fast, didn’t double check it, submitted my order and somehow still got it!
congrats man and welcome to the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruz View Post
(And if your only source of income is scalping toys you need to get off the message boards, reevaluate your life, and man up.)
well said...
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:36 AM   #642
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamesm View Post
I got a set of just the 4 turtles if anyone has a spare of the 4 from sdcc 2017 id swap you?
If you are serious, I have an extra set of the 4 Turtles but JUST the Turtles, if that's what you're wanting to trade for. I bought an extra set last year for 2 more Foot Soldiers, and traded off the Shredder and Krang for 2 more Foot Soldiers since then. But I still have an extra set of Turtles. I would include the case too since they're still in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Neca makes it quite difficult to locate an e-mail, but here is their phone number, in case anyone wants to contact them about getting a fair stab at one of these sets.

( 908 )686-3300
Would calling them even do any good though? I doubt they will make exceptions for those of us that lost out online. Otherwise, they'll have nothing left for SDCC itself. EVERYONE would start calling them lol.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #643
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
If any of you think NECA is going to bother to sift through all the orders and cancel the ones that "might be scalpers," you're very naive. If you guys want to snitch on me and get the orders I placed canceled by NECA, be my guest. I will just have to cancel the orders that were placed by people here (overseas fans who have no other way to get them). I can have someone pick the set up for me at the con to fill the one set that actually sold on eBay.

I can't believe how petty you people are. This is the only source of income I have and most of the sets I am ordering are for international members here. I'm so fed up with this place.
Its people like you that screw actual fans out of this set. having your family members and friends help you pass the 2 house per limit just so you can gouge people and re sell them. More proof to my point Scalpers are ****ing assholes. I wish Neca would cancel all your orders than all those would go to actual fans and not someone looking for a profit
Old 06-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #644
Powder
So tired of this place

I am so beyond mad at all of this.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #645
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Also **** Playmates with a rusty screwdriver. I would have loved to been able to get these at retail but cause Playmates doesn't wanna share we can't have nice things.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:49 AM   #646
statik
Foot Soldier

I want to be clear I know all too well flipping is part of the collecting hobby.

The real issue is majority of those flippers aren't on a tmnt forum with diehard fans trying to hit em where it hurts. Every big release this guy just looks at another way to line their pockets with zero shame for it. You're pathetic pulling out your excuses for doing so. Total hypocrite labeling themselves as a fan. Don't buy **** from this guy and maybe they'll go away. Support a flipper that at least has a little class not to use a fan forum to their own advantage.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #647
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I'd consider trading this set for last year's 30th boxset if anyone is interested. I've got quite a few iterations of the four turtles, but no good representations of the cartoon villains!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #648
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Yeah they actually are and have been clear about this on twitter. With such limited availability and fans already getting angr that there aren't enough sets, you better believe this rule will be strictly enforced.
I guess we'll see at the end of July.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #649
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I guess we'll see at the end of July.
even if they do ship your orders your true colors are starting to show more and more. eventually karma will catch up with you. dont forget your customers are reading what you say here
Old 06-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #650
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
I do think that the theory that this sale is being limited by time instead of quantity is a sound one.
The problem with that theory is that someone I know, on day 1, was trying to buy 2 dio sets but at some point it told him that there were no longer 2 left and it went down to 1, which he was able to successfully purchase (and he even went back and added 1 figure set to replace it before finalizing).
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #651
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I have a SD17 8 pack up for trade for a Dio if anyone scored an extra.

Congrats all who scored.
F scalpers, shotty websites, and bad phone service.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #652
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Haven't most NECA TMNT sets popped up on the Chinese blackmarket? It's possible these could, as well.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #653
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Haven't most NECA TMNT sets popped up on the Chinese blackmarket? It's possible these could, as well.
the 30th anniversary hasn't been bootlegged yet
Old 06-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #654
Reputator
Foot Soldier

Tried my damndest the last two days and it was never fast enough. I'd be happier if I never heard of them.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #655
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
The problem with that theory is that someone I know, on day 1, was trying to buy 2 dio sets but at some point it told him that there were no longer 2 left and it went down to 1, which he was able to successfully purchase (and he even went back and added 1 figure set to replace it before finalizing).
I suppose it’s based on how much faith you have on the counting systems. I’ve been on websites that warned of only one item being left in stock and I order and refresh and then see several more of the item in stock. Like the system reset the inventory counter after running to zero without actually knowing how much was literally available.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #656
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Here's my theory:
For the online sale, there were far more sets bundled with the diorama than without. Priced as twice as much, there's far more profit to be made.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #657
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
the 30th anniversary hasn't been bootlegged yet
I was thinking about this earlier, will the SDCC 2017 or the Mirage Villains come up on the china bootleg market?, might be the only affordable way I can get those awesome 80s cartoon ones.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #658
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I was thinking about this earlier, will the SDCC 2017 or the Mirage Villains come up on the china bootleg market?, might be the only affordable way I can get those awesome 80s cartoon ones.
I have a bootleg video game Donnie from a few years back that looks mint original. I think we’ll see the SD17 eventually. You figure it’s the same mold; why I’m surprised they haven’t popped up yet.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the bad guys, but any thing is possible.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #659
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
its people like you that make it difficult to actually get these sets. i seriously hope they cancel all your orders (my apologies to all his international buyers, but if you buy from him at 500.00 you can do better)

how about going out and finding a job?......its not our fault its your only income, and why should we support you?

Quote:
congrats man and welcome to the forums

well said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Its people like you that screw actual fans out of this set. having your family members and friends help you pass the 2 house per limit just so you can gouge people and re sell them. More proof to my point Scalpers are ****ing assholes. I wish Neca would cancel all your orders than all those would go to actual fans and not someone looking for a profit

I hate to defend a scalper, but neither of us know his situation. How do you know hes not a quadriplegic war veteran and cant get a job? Extreme example, I know but do not assume everyone can go out and "get a real job". I do not know if hes in a disability situation at all, but what I do know is that attacking someone's chosen profession is not cool. You can say what you want about his prices and him being a braggart all you want, but please realize that there are many small toy dealers and store owners that are living with life long disabilities that a toy company can bring both joy and a living wage for. If you have ever been to a toy convention at all, or even Comic Con, how many people do you see that have clear disabilities, or when you talk to them you realize they have clear mental disabilities. This is the community that toy collectors are apart of. Many of us are broken...

This subject is particularly close to my heart, all I ask is that you try to consider other reasons...

Last edited by Coro; 06-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #660
statik
Foot Soldier

Let's say your extreme case was the case. Still gives no right to brag openly on how much money their making off the fans here. I can't and won't sympathize with that at all.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote