The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 06:25 AM   #2701
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'll have to remember that because I have Mozilla and we were looking at the Options and there wasn't anything to stop videos from playing so we couldn't do anything.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #2702
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Visited with the lil' fishies at Walmart when I was there. Not looking to get another for a little while still, but I know those little ones probably don't get all that much attention over in that corner of the store, so to give them a little attention as a sad former owner kinda warmed the heart a little. The vast majority looked pretty good, too. Nice to see being Walmart and all.

So tiny! One in particular, I'm not sure I've seen a Black Moor so small. Had a couple of those guys long ago.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #2703
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
You could always opt for a kissing gourami next time. Easy upkeep, grow to fit tank, and live a LOOONG time. And ours was pretty smart for a fish. Would swim to meet us when we came to feed them and would sometimes "kiss" at the glass or on our fingers in the water. They are quite curious and brave lol!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #2704
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's an idea. Though really I'd love to have another oranda at some point, but maybe with a different coloration so it doesn't feel like a replacement. I'm not going to assume they all have the same personality, but if any fish were to ever have the wish to curl up in their owner's lap, it would probably be an oranda. lol

I've loved all the fish I've had and known here over the years (and we've had backyard goldfish/koi ponds so there's been plenty), but she's the only one to make me wish recently that a fish could be picked up and hugged.

Somewhat related... I'm considering getting a Cuddle Clones plush done of her. Though I may wait to see if they have their good Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday sale again this year. They aren't cheap, but they do a good job and so cute. The dogs look esp well done.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #2705
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Oh my gosh! I had never heard of cuddle clones so I checked out their website. It does look amazing! I lost my sweet pup in April and I miss her like crazy. I may need to get a doll of her done for posterity.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #2706
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm really happy that I'm visiting my parents now, especially since in the Gear Grinder thread, I complained about them being upset about me being bald.

Its been 2 weeks since then and my hair has grown back so they won't be as shocked
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #2707
Allio
Foot Elite

writing a despair fic.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:22 PM   #2708
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

We got a new employee at work. A transfer from another restaurant. I'm usually not very happy about new employees, since it usually means another lazy person who'll leave me to do most of th work, but she's different. She's nice, smart, funny, and VERY good at her job. It's actually kind of scary how cool she is. Makes me wonder why she's working at a place like this when she could just as easily work someplace better and move up in an actual career. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have such a capable person working here.

She made my day.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:38 PM   #2709
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I got a good dent in my file of Breath of the Wild, and had some more ideas for my Obligado fic...

But still I have the issue of putting everything to words...
Old 09-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #2710
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Tried this and it worked! We had to click the Never Activate selection because it wouldn't let us select the Ask to Activate, but I went on FF.Net and it totally worked when I clicked on one of the stories. Hope it keeps it up and doesn't start up again.

Also had pizza in celebration of National Cheese Pizza Day.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #2711
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When your Amazon order comes from a location only 75 miles away in the next state over and will be here the next day after it shipped out.

Food dehydrator for my mom for Christmas. Never had one before and think she/we will have fun with that. Also found a great book to go with it via eBay; great price for how thick it is and full of info, recipes (even pet treat ideas), etc.

Hope maybe this will also encourage her to aim for better snacks she can make vs the amount of candy I noticed she's been chocking down that she shouldn't be. >.> Gonna end up back on the diabetic (type 2) meds if she keeps that crap up.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-13-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #2712
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I literally just found out there was a seventh season of Offspring, not being sure if it was even a thing, but there it is, on Netflix.

Yeeees
Old 09-13-2017, 11:31 PM   #2713
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Caught Star Trek 2, Wrath of Khan at my local theater tonight. A much needed break from reality.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:39 AM   #2714
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Getting a lot of writing done, so that's a good thing.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:18 PM   #2715
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Making me happy- PAYDAY!! Nice fat check today. Also got off in time to go put it in the bank, go down to the library for their book sale (picked up a nice little stack of stuff for research and fun for under 6$), and still got my shopping done at WM in time to come home for a nice hot bubble bath. Balanced out the sh**ty day at work.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #2716
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sounds like you had a fun day!

Eating a Potatorito yesterday and going grocery shopping made me happy.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #2717
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

As I mentioned before, I am an actor and do a ton of things relating to theatre. Depending on how it all goes, it'll be a major come college.

The current show we're doing is Heathers. For those unaware, it was a cult favorite in the late 1980s (89 I think?) that got turned into an Off-Broadway show in 2014. It's set in high school and touches upon various subject matters from homosexuality, suicide, essentially a dark piece.

Sadly, I didn't make the cast. I know I can dance decently and act very well, but because it's a musical, it doesn't help me. However, though I won't be acting for the first time at the high school, I am doing management. In fact, I'm the stage manager of the whole piece. I also got recommended as Homecoming King for the club as well.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #2718
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Congrats! Sounds like a blast. I remember Heathers, the movie anyway. My junior year in high school the drama club did The Sound of Music, so I decided to take drama as my elective the next year and we did The Wiz. So much fun! Had a small part as one of the Emerald Citizens but it was a great experience. We also did a (non-musical) production of The Mouse That Roared. That one I had a bigger part in as one of the General's daughters.

My happy maker today was finding two of the Samurai TMNT figures at WM. Mikey and Raph with the warhorses- now I have both of them as well as the Usagi I bought several weeks ago! Picked up a few neat finds in the Halloween aisles too. A semi posable "pet dragon" (a la GoT) to use with my D&D inspired dark elf costume, and a few accessories to go with it. Hubby wants to dress as Pennywise, so I got him a bowtie as part of his outfit. Yesterday I bought two crows and a resin pumpkin decoration for my ever expanding yard display.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:30 AM   #2719
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Congrats, GM. I did plays in high school but never had time in college for that as my workload was too much.

Glad you found those Halloween items and the TMNT stuff too.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #2720
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's awesome, GoldMutant!

Sometimes happy makers are small things, like... a bump in your flesh that has been there for quite a while turns out to be only a very ingrown hair and you finally got that darn thing cleared out so maybe now it can clear up and go away.

Also some 'project' I decided to tackled at work, that has needed the attention for long a while, quickly killed the first 3 hours. I wish time at work always went that fast!