The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #261
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
After so many years i killed Splinter! That the most important thing for this series. Now i will be killing him again and again on all the future series!! MUHAHAHHAHAHAAH
Well you're dead as well.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #262
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
plus seeing as how much more light hearted the new series will be, I don't see Splinter dying at all so I think Shredder is **** out of luck.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 07-01-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #263
CyberCubed
Overlord

You have to hand it to the Nick cartoon, it really is the first series that had the gall to kill off Splinter for good.

Splinter never died in the original cartoon or 2k3 series, he also never died in Archie or the movies, or IDW (not counting his ressurrection from Hamato Yoshi), and in Mirage they didn't kill him all the way till 2003 which is 20+ years after Mirage began.

I doubt we'll ever see Splinter killed off in a show again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #264
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You have to hand it to the Nick cartoon, it really is the first series that had the gall to kill off Splinter for good.

Splinter never died in the original cartoon or 2k3 series, he also never died in Archie or the movies, or IDW (not counting his ressurrection from Hamato Yoshi), and in Mirage they didn't kill him all the way till 2003 which is 20+ years after Mirage began.

He was pretty much dead beacuse of old age in "Once Upon a Time Machine" of the original series. It was even mentioned in the Archieverse.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #265
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:

That's not strictly true for Mirage. They killed him in the first issue, brought him back in issue 10 and killed him in 21. The 2003 story did bring him back again (as a shark) but part of the story was the Shredder Shark going mad as he realised he was never the real Shredder, reinforcing the idea that the Shredder died in issue 1.

I'm a bit behind with IDW at the moment but they killed Shredder in issue 50. I know Kitsune was trying to steal his head to revive him but as far as I'm aware he's still dead there (could be wrong though, I am behind).

But you're right, in terms of animated series Nick is the first to actually do it and commit to it which is really unique for the cartoons.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #266
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That's not strictly true for Mirage. They killed him in the first issue, brought him back in issue 10 and killed him in 21. The 2003 story did bring him back again (as a shark) but part of the story was the Shredder Shark going mad as he realised he was never the real Shredder, reinforcing the idea that the Shredder died in issue 1.

I'm a bit behind with IDW at the moment but they killed Shredder in issue 50. I know Kitsune was trying to steal his head to revive him but as far as I'm aware he's still dead there (could be wrong though, I am behind).

But you're right, in terms of animated series Nick is the first to actually do it and commit to it which is really unique for the cartoons.
You misread, I said they killed Splinter off. I didn't mention Shredder, as you said, Shredder's already died tons of times before.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #267
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
He was pretty much dead beacuse of old age in "Once Upon a Time Machine" of the original series. It was even mentioned in the Archieverse.
Don't forgot "Same As It Never Was" in the the 2k3 series. Even if that was an alternate future.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:12 AM   #268
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You misread, I said they killed Splinter off. I didn't mention Shredder, as you said, Shredder's already died tons of times before.
Oops!! You're right, totally misread that! Sorry Cubed! That's what I get for posting at 3:30 in the morning!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:13 AM   #269
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Out of our animated versions, this is the first one where Splinter was literally "killed", though, right? For the others, he died of a natural cause, right? I can't say for 2003, but for the OT, it's implied that he would've died of old age, just like April.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:29 AM   #270
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Iam a zombie now and i have a powerful demonic army !
Old 07-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #271
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Iam a zombie now and i have a powerful demonic army !
Except you realized that you didn't belong in the realm of the living and went back down to Hell.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:59 PM   #272
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

That they'd stoop so low as to cater to shippers.
We never had that kind of junk before the buyout.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #273
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
We never had that kind of junk before the buyout.
Let's just hope the new series has none of that.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:51 PM   #274
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
This is virtually my only real pet peeve.

On one hand, it's kinda cool that they acknowledged that side of the fandom. I guess they deserve their piece of the pizza pie? It's mostly young chicks after all.

But then the other hand is like "NAAAH, YO. C'MON. NEVER BEFORE, NEVER AGAIN."

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #275
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Though it wasnt to the same extent as the Nick series with all the Internet fandom catering, 3 of the 4 turtles in the OT also had crushes so the shipping is not something exclusive to Nick.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #276
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

The show's overall tone is heavily inconsistent. So much so that I couldn't take it seriously. Eventually, I had to drop it.

That's what ruined the entire series for me.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #277
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Though it wasnt to the same extent as the Nick series with all the Internet fandom catering, 3 of the 4 turtles in the OT also had crushes so the shipping is not something exclusive to Nick.
And there were love interests in other incarnations as well such as Raph's Lady friends in the Archie Comics such as Ninjara.

Mirage Comic Donnie had a short lived relationship with Johanna in people's choice. And in the Juliet Romero arc Don is kissed by Mae West before being captured. In the 2k3 Jhanna seams to resiprocate that with her "I'll never forget you' as she leaves. There is also sydnie again another short lived possible love interest though never explicitly implied they were more then just friends. April was a crush for Donnie early on in the series but that desolves to a sibling-like companionship.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:45 PM   #278
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Except in a few rare instances, I never found the tone to be that much of a problem. Most of the TMNT stuff in any iteration is a blend of Action, Comedy and Drama (usually in that order) and so it was always going to have a mix of light hearted and darker moments. Nick to its credit has at least kept to a serial format - even with occasional filler - with each episode more or less adding to the overall arc and marking passage of time. And it definitely has gotten significantly darker as the series progressed.

I agree there have been occasions where there have been 'out of place' dark/light moments in otherwise consistent episodes, but for the most part I think they did a reasonably good job with balancing it.

My big issue with Nick as a whole has been the rush to squeeze each episode into 20 odd minutes. Some of the episodes have really suffered for a lack of proper exploration, depth, or explanation.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:12 PM   #279
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how many characters created for this show will go on to appear in future incarnations. Tiger Claw is probably the most likely given he's the most notable new character created. I wonder if we'll see Fishface ever show up in a future cartoon though.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:16 AM   #280
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

In the next cartoon i will have all henchmen(Hun Chris Bradford Xever Rocksteady bebop and Tiger Claw) working for me but with some new ones. That what happens each time i get a new henchman he appears in all future cartoons. Rocksteady and bebop were my first henchmen that i had since 1987 but then i have them again in IDW 2012 series and the new movie. Hun was in 2003 series for frist time but then in all others series so as you see here Chris Xever and Tiger Claw will be my henchmen again in the 2018 series but this time i will also have another 2 new henchmen: One of them will be a mutant duck and another one will be a cat. I cant tell you more information about my two enw hencehmen but their mutation has been completed and now iam testing their skills!