The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #181
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
At the cost of sounding like some super TMNT nerd, *sigh*

Pizza.

Why damn pizza.
Yeah, well, having just bought the store brand version of Ellio's pizza on my way home from work and waiting for the toaster oven to finish... pizza is good on matter how old you are.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #182
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, well, having just bought the store brand version of Ellio's pizza on my way home from work and waiting for the toaster oven to finish... pizza is good on matter how old you are.
I keep hearing about this Elios pizza. i'm gonna hafta try it. Is it similar to those rectangle slices that we got as kids in the school cafeteria?
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #183
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
I keep hearing about this Elios pizza. i'm gonna hafta try it. Is it similar to those rectangle slices that we got as kids in the school cafeteria?
Yes, just like those.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #184
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yes, just like those.
i gotta try it then. despite what most people say about school lunches, i actually really enjoyed those things.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #185
IMJ
Emperor

I just made some pre-bagged Stir Frye thing out of the freezer. I don't normally eat that ****, but we bought some frozen stuff months back when all hell broke loose and are now getting around to eating it.

It was fine. Far cry from flax seed pasta with ocean caught shrimp and organic broccoli. And who knows what was in the sauce, but hey.... I grew up in the 80's so I'm pretty sure I've already eaten whatever it was that's going to kill me as I age.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #186
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I just made some pre-bagged Stir Frye thing out of the freezer. I don't normally eat that ****, but we bought some frozen stuff months back when all hell broke loose and are now getting around to eating it.

It was fine. Far cry from flax seed pasta with ocean caught shrimp and organic broccoli. And who knows what was in the sauce, but hey.... I grew up in the 80's so I'm pretty sure I've already eaten whatever it was that's going to kill me as I age.
you actually eat that sh*t? i didnt know you were such a hipster. oh my god... that's just...
Old 11-23-2020, 09:38 PM   #187
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
you actually eat that sh*t? i didnt know you were such a hipster. oh my god... that's just...

HAHAHAHA it's not that man. I eat clean for the most part and I jack my protein levels up and down depending on the state of my lifting routine. I like to get the protein from real food, but when I'm fire in my routine I add a lot of Carnivore Mass to my stack. But when you use the powders you need other stuff to clean everything out so you don't kill your kidneys, liver, etc. Broccoli is great for that, and eating organic is just a matter of shopping right.

But if you really want to rag on me for "hipster" $#!(, then hold on to your pants because I got one for ya.... I also eat QUINOA!!!!!

I will say though that the longer I've been doing desk work the less "good for you ****" I've been eating. I can easily put away two frozen pizzas by myself.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:56 AM   #188
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

You guys seen that survival show where the guy would eat all kinds of weird stuff ?

The worst he ate was prolly swamp crab , yuck
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:24 AM   #189
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
You guys seen that survival show where the guy would eat all kinds of weird stuff ?

The worst he ate was prolly swamp crab , yuck
Most of the world... sans THE WEST... eats bugs regularly. They are even considered gourmet items. Isolated parts of Russia, a developed, industrialized place, even eat them. But yeah, all humans ate bugs and other things for about 97% of our history.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #190
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

I've eaten bugs with Chile and lime. Grasshoppers and I believe crickets.

Pretty good to be honest, they taste like cornuts.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #191
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I've eaten bugs with Chile and lime. Grasshoppers and I believe crickets.

Pretty good to be honest, they taste like cornuts.
indeed. when you fry and season them, insects can be delicious. they are extremely nutritious as well. protein powerhouses... a lot of them can mean dinner... if you have enough to fill a bowl.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:58 AM   #192
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah... I can deal with most bugs existing around me (unless it's a blood sucker or something scary that flies and needs to cooperate with going OUTSIDE immediate), but I draw the line at chewing on them. lol
Old 11-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #193
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Most of the world... sans THE WEST... eats bugs regularly. They are even considered gourmet items. Isolated parts of Russia, a developed, industrialized place, even eat them. But yeah, all humans ate bugs and other things for about 97% of our history.
Back in college one of the school's foundational requirements was a cultural appreciation class. In many ways the material in it was pretty good, once you got past the insipid, overtly, overtly liberal "professor". One of the better books I've read came out of that class and I still point people towards to it to this day.

And with that said, one thing I never budged on were my opinions of this insipid teachers presentation that people ate bugs. She held up a bug poster, and everything she told us had this sort of connotation or lilt that we in America were living this sort of secluded flavorless life because we farm and "the protein this and that". I kept my mouth shut because my role there was to learn (and I did), but my God all I can think while this bimbo spoke with this connotation that we were the problem was "and that's why other countries have a life expectancy of like 40 and we live into our 70's and 80's you insipid ****".

I guess the point is that I respect other cultures, their plights as well as their lifestyle choices. I also have a respectful curiosity about many of them. That's not a difficult conduct to employ at all. But don't sit here and fling that $#!( like these people are doing it better than the U.S. and that we are somehow awful in our arrogance that we don't eat goddam bugs, scorpions or beetles. I respect the damn scorpion eating but hell no you aren't going to imply to me that this is something we should be doing if not for "American arrogance". HUGE eyeroll at that ****. People have been doing it throughout history - very true. People throughout history have also sacrificed other living people in bloody ass rituals on a stone slab. And they've continued to evolve out of it.

I'd also like to think that companies will limit their intentional bug additives to dog foods (this is happening, btw) instead of people foods. And that as we near a population food crisis that we engineer better solution than intentional bug additive, lmao! I'm sure we all eat enough bugs by accident already.

Quote:
cornuts.
Oh god I haven't had Cornuts in.... I dunno 5 years. So addictive.

Quote:
Yeah... I can deal with most bugs existing around me (unless it's a blood sucker or something scary that flies and needs to cooperate with going OUTSIDE immediate), but I draw the line at chewing on them. lol
I swear to God man when I saw your username as I scrolled the thread I thought immediately that you were going to post on the virtues of eating f'n bugs, man. I swear I thought that. LMAO! I was like "oh no."

Last edited by IMJ; 11-24-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #194
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

But did they tell you about the places that eat guinea pigs...

Quote:
I swear to God man when I saw your username as I scrolled the thread I thought immediately that you were going to post on the virtues of eating f'n bugs, man. I swear I thought that. LMAO! I was like "oh no."
And why's that?
Old 11-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #195
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

As long as we're talkin about food additives... the FDA allows trace amounts of RAT HAIR, rodent hair in our bread because rats and grains have a history of going together like flies and $hit.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #196
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
As long as we're talkin about food additives... the FDA allows trace amounts of RAT HAIR, rodent hair in our bread because rats and grains have a history of going together like flies and $hit.
Splinter's Sh*t and hair taste great.

Like Campbell's soup

Mmm, mmm good.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #197
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Splinter's Sh*t and hair taste great.

Like Campbell's soup

Mmm, mmm good.
yeah. when i first heard that, i didnt eat any bread products for a month. then i realized, it's only whole grain varieties, not the cheap stuff that contains the rodent hair because the cheap stuff is more processed.

jokes on all those whole grain eaters.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #198
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
And why's that?
I will say, without wanting to speak for IMJ, your name is kinda-sorta "hippie-ish". If anyone was gonna try and extoll the virtues of insect-eating, well... I wouldn't be SHOCKED, let's put it that way.

I mean, you refuse to accept the inherent wickedness of spiders. One could be forgiven for making assumptions!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:46 PM   #199
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
And why's that?
I don't knowwwwwww...... You never know what you are going to read around here. LMAO!

Quote:
Yeah that stuff happens all of the time. It's just a fact of life. Another recent "social media food story" was about berries. I guess someone made a video showing that if you put strawberries in home made salt water to detoxify them, all of these little worms come crawling out of the strawberries. It's a truly disgusting video, man.

But it is what it is. I eat organic berries as part of my weekly food prep and I'm not gonna bathe my strawberries in salt water now and I'm not gonna test it. It is what it is, man. We simply eat a certain amount of bugs and nematodes and other disgusting **** by virtue of the makeup of life.

All you can do is make the best shopping and food choices you can within the ecosystem of things.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #200
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't knowwwwwww...... You never know what you are going to read around here. LMAO!

Yeah that stuff happens all of the time. It's just a fact of life. Another recent "social media food story" was about berries. I guess someone made a video showing that if you put strawberries in home made salt water to detoxify them, all of these little worms come crawling out of the strawberries. It's a truly disgusting video, man.

But it is what it is. I eat organic berries as part of my weekly food prep and I'm not gonna bathe my strawberries in salt water now and I'm not gonna test it. It is what it is, man. We simply eat a certain amount of bugs and nematodes and other disgusting **** by virtue of the makeup of life.

All you can do is make the best shopping and food choices you can within the ecosystem of things.
like you, i am a healthy eater... i object to meat and never eat fruit because of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (a personal thing that my doc told me about and he recommended, for my situation, to never eat fruit). nuts, lots of veggies, pasta, cheese, occasional hardboiled eggs, rice, more pasta and PB are my preferred foods. More than anything, i eat beans!