The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-14-2019, 03:46 AM   #1261
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Changling and Raven dated? I did not realize that. I cut off reading Titans after Changling and Deathstroke meet in the coffee shop at #55 back in 1985.
Gar and Raven are probably the most popular pairing in the fandom for the Teen Titans animated series. The writers of the show never intended for there to be anything romantic between them, but the way they handled the relationship in the show convinced fans there was something going on.

Anyway, Geoff Johns eventually decided to pair them up when he took over the Titans book in the mid 2000s, although he broke them up shortly after Infinity Crisis. After he left the book, other writers had different views on the relationship, some were for it, other weren't. Just before Flashpoint happened, Gar and Raven committed to one another again. So they became the endgame for the post-crisis DC era. They haven't been portrayed as a couple since the New 52 and Rebirth reboots, but like I pointed out earlier, the current cartoon Teen Titans Go and the live-action Titans series has teased this pairing constantly.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #1262
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Gar and Raven are probably the most popular pairing in the fandom for the Teen Titans animated series. The writers of the show never intended for there to be anything romantic between them, but the way they handled the relationship in the show convinced fans there was something going on.

Anyway, Geoff Johns eventually decided to pair them up when he took over the Titans book in the mid 2000s, although he broke them up shortly after Infinity Crisis. After he left the book, other writers had different views on the relationship, some were for it, other weren't. Just before Flashpoint happened, Gar and Raven committed to one another again. So they became the endgame for the post-crisis DC era. They haven't been portrayed as a couple since the New 52 and Rebirth reboots, but like I pointed out earlier, the current cartoon Teen Titans Go and the live-action Titans series has teased this pairing constantly.
I see, a fan invention like Mimi and Izzy in Digimon Adventure. I saw Mimi and Joe, but more to the point, Johns made the fan pairing cannon between Infinite Crisis and Flashpoint. Like the example above I see absolutely no signs but whatever. I never watched Teen Titans that much, I am a big Justice League viewer. It's hard seeing Raven in a romantic relationship in general. The rebuffing of Wally was odd itself before Frances Kane, the future Magenta showed up. Wolfman has a knack for forming romantic relationships that don't make sense to me between Wally and Raven, Dick Grayson and Starfire, Desthstroke dropping his pants for 16 year old Terra, Donna and Dr. Terry Long. All come off as weird or creepy aside from Wally forgetting Raven for Frances.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 06-14-2019 at 07:20 AM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #1263
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.newsarama.com/45611-dc-c...citations.html

My two favorite Bat Rouges are featured in September. Riddler gets his own one shot along with Lex getting his own as a result of Lex's offer. Mr. Freeze may have his wife cured but what are the consequences? Killer Moth is the same old again over in Batgirl? Hal and Carol reunite....in battle. Maybe something for the rest of you amongst the lot.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #1264
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
https://www.newsarama.com/45611-dc-c...citations.html

My two favorite Bat Rouges are featured in September. Riddler gets his own one shot along with Lex getting his own as a result of Lex's offer. Mr. Freeze may have his wife cured but what are the consequences? Killer Moth is the same old again over in Batgirl? Hal and Carol reunite....in battle. Maybe something for the rest of you amongst the lot.
Isn't this the third story where Nora has been revived? I remember it happened pre-flashpoint and she became a super villain, and it happened in the Batman TAS tie-in comics too where she spent the rest of her days searching for Victor.

Nice to see Morrison finally get around to Carol. She and Hal had reunited just before his run began and they never explained the latest break-up (guess we'll finally get to that now)

Hmm, so the big City of Bane event takes a month off to further the Batman/Catwoman relationship. Interestingly, the Catwoman title doesn't appear to be acknowledging it.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:41 AM   #1265
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Isn't this the third story where Nora has been revived? I remember it happened pre-flashpoint and she became a super villain, and it happened in the Batman TAS tie-in comics too where she spent the rest of her days searching for Victor.

Nice to see Morrison finally get around to Carol. She and Hal had reunited just before his run began and they never explained the latest break-up (guess we'll finally get to that now)

Hmm, so the big City of Bane event takes a month off to further the Batman/Catwoman relationship. Interestingly, the Catwoman title doesn't appear to be acknowledging it.
Nora was revived in Batman: Subzero and recovered. This is where Mr. Freeze's story should have concluded. In the comics she was revived before the New 52 reboot as Lazara. She was mentally unstable because she was previously in pieces before the Lazarus pit dip. This if successful will be the second time in the comics

Also, does the whole Arkham Knight concept not seem unable to work because Astrid would be about 20 in the story and Batman was established before she was born. Bruce becomes Batman at 24 which would put him in his mid 40s' atleast in order for the story to work. There also seems to be a follow up since she escaped.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #1266
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Nora was revived in Batman: Subzero and recovered. This is where Mr. Freeze's story should have concluded.
Yeah, they furthered the story in the tie-in comics, Nora ended up spending the rest of her life searching for Victor after he was reduced to a head.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #1267
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Yeah, they furthered the story in the tie-in comics, Nora ended up spending the rest of her life searching for Victor after he was reduced to a head.
Not exactly. After about a year she presumed him dead, while grateful to him she moved on to marry a doctor who did the experimental procedure on her. Unless this is a Gotham Adventures story that takes place between that year between. I have Batman Adventures and Batman & Robin Adventures not Gotham Adventures.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:53 AM   #1268
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So King's indicating his big change to Batman will be the resurrection of his parents

With Jor-El alive in Superman books and now this, I wonder when the inevitable Uncle Ben resurrection will happen for Spider-Man?
Old 06-19-2019, 06:27 AM   #1269
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
So King's indicating his big change to Batman will be the resurrection of his parents

With Jor-El alive in Superman books and now this, I wonder when the inevitable Uncle Ben resurrection will happen for Spider-Man?
How exactly does Jor-el being alive work? I thought it was imprinted memories in the Fortress of Solitude. I would rather have Jonathan alive. You know there could always be something like Peter's parents being alive angle and how it turned out.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:11 AM   #1270
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jor-El being alive was the result of Doctor Manhattan taking him away from Krypton just before it exploded, then brainwashing him into wanting to commit mass genocide. Clark thwarted him and somehow broke Manhattan's hold over him, then Jor-El was spirited away but somehow managed to escape Manhattan and go off on some space adventures before recruiting Clark's son Jon to accompany him across the galaxy

Quote:
You know there could always be something like Peter's parents being alive angle and how it turned out.
The less said about how that turned out the better.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:40 AM   #1271
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Jor-El being alive was the result of Doctor Manhattan taking him away from Krypton just before it exploded, then brainwashing him into wanting to commit mass genocide. Clark thwarted him and somehow broke Manhattan's hold over him, then Jor-El was spirited away but somehow managed to escape Manhattan and go off on some space adventures before recruiting Clark's son Jon to accompany him across the galaxy
Old 06-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #1272
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is Arthur Jr. getting reimagined or another completely different child?
https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2019/06...having-a-baby/
Old 06-21-2019, 11:02 AM   #1273
ZariusTwo
Overlord

DC officially rebrands in 2020. Gone are Vertigo, Zoom and Ink, which will be rechristened DC Kids. Black Label remains unaffected.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...-zoom-and-ink/
Old 06-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #1274
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How in the holy hell does Dan Didio still have a job?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #1275
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
How in the holy hell does Dan Didio still have a job?
He keeps rebranding the people who could fire him? Gets them moved out of his line of fire where they can't hurt him?

Can't wait to see more of Ric Grayson and mass-murdering Wally West.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:29 AM   #1276
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

See this is what I have been saying since 2006, Dan Didio should have been fired for incompetence years ago. He wrote six issues of Superboy before it canceled and that is all the experience you need to be the #2 of a comic company? This man was favored over Paul Levitz, a successful writer and executive? The characters I love Dan hates. The man is 60 and needs to step back. I have never read a praise of the man anyway. The industry needs to speak up and Warner Bros. needs to listen.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #1277
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...a-grayson-tale

A graphic novel that focuses on a pre-,Robin Dick Grayson, Lost Carnival.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #1278
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Who is the villain Spectre going after? I am tempted to say The Spook, my favorite nobody villain, but I don't want to get my hope up.
https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-detect...ectre-preview/
Old 07-06-2019, 07:02 AM   #1279
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.cbr.com/hawkman-found-death-rebirth/
Why can't Hawkman be a human from another planet who was a cop there?
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #1280
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cover to Millennium#2 sees Jon officially join the Legion

More interiors and character designs here

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...cover-revealed

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman