The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #7981
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Keeping an eye on one of those memory foam pillows we have at work, waiting for the price to go down. It had been 30% off, like much of the Home department, but it's pricey for what it is imo ($80 regularly, but it's not even the most expensive we have...absurd for a pillow) and that price still sucked. It was expected to drop to 40% off today, so I thought IF the checkout somehow isn't busy maybe I'd grab it after my shift. I'd like the price to be lower, but I have about $9 in points to offset it at least a little more and I want to get it before anyone noticed it stashed under the counter. We're not really supposed to hold stuff anymore since we're liquidating, but there's only two, dammit. (And don't like the others; between some being too thin or a neck breaking shape, too costly, and many of them seem too hard to be comfortable... but this one seems decent.)

So I go in early today to help change the liquidation signs. Pretty much everything on that floor was going to be a little better in price - EXCEPT the Home department. Instead of going to 40% as I'd expected, the price went back up to only 25% off, after being 30% the last two weeks. OH, COME ON. Wtf. Disappointed... Way to "liquidate"... really trying to move that merchandise.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #7982
Katie
The Anti-Girl

Ohhhhhhh I have one of those that came with my parentsí memory foam mattress. My mom didnít like it so I took it. Itís fabulous. Best pillow I ever had.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #7983
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah. Like, they're expensive for a reason. Even then, $80 is on the less expensive side of what I've seen.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #7984
Jephael
That whack job behind you

My own stupid emotional problems grind my gears. Life's too darn short, people. Hug your loved ones, tell them you care and grab your happiness like it's a long lost toy you just recovered in the attic... that is if your parents still live where you grew up. Take care everyone and have a great new year!!!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton

Sadly I no longer frequent this community, but please give it a shot. You never know who you might connect with. I will forever cherish the fond memories I have of the fandom as it was in its heyday. Peace and love to you all - Later, dudes!!!
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:24 PM   #7985
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

After a little bit of stewing over it...yeah, I'm going to do this here and say that the newest Midwife episode was...awful.

Spoiler:
Why did they bring in Magda at all if she was just going to leave in her second episode? And the circumstances in which she left were...not great for a two-episode character that isn't a patient.

AND LET TRIXIE BE HAPPY. She was doing so good in her AA meetings and then she just...goes back to drinking after making a sh!t decision that isn't good for anyone involved in it???

Phyllis better whip some sense into her in the next episode, I swear, because I will not stand for Trixie being miserable.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #7986
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Getting laid off.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #7987
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, that sucks! Sorry to hear. Total sympathy, given the upcoming loss of my own. (At least mine won't be a surprise.) Hope you find something else soon.

Grinds...

When your last name is one letter different than a much more common (and related) surname just about everyone has heard, so that when you try to search your surname in FB or where ever, these sites are insistent on giving you results for the other name rather than focus on your own. (And uncle finally joined the site. Yeah, just try to find him...)

Also, this was only recently, but some of the mess is still there... Who the heck eats walnuts - WITH SHELLS - in a department store?? And worse, leaves their mess behind. On one of the displays at the edge of the women's sleepwear dept. there was seriously a pile of mess that suggested someone sat themselves down and ate a handful of walnuts. Wtf...? What human even does this? Did they bring a nutcracker? So weird.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-06-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #7988
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Aw, that sucks! Sorry to hear. Total sympathy, given the upcoming loss of my own. (At least mine won't be a surprise.) Hope you find something else soon.
Thank you, glad you can relate, but I'm sorry you're going thru this too! I got laid off twice in the past 4 months, the first time from my long 8-year job, then again right after Xmas! Yeah.....really leaves me motivated to try again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Also, this was only recently, but some of the mess is still there... Who the heck eats walnuts - WITH SHELLS - in a department store?? And worse, leaves their mess behind. On one of the displays at the edge of the women's sleepwear dept. there was seriously a pile of mess that suggested someone sat themselves down and ate a handful of walnuts. Wtf...? What human even does this? Did they bring a nutcracker? So weird.
Boy that's weird! I can't say I've seen that one yet!

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #7989
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Have people forgotten how to cover their mouth/nose when they cough and sneeze? Or is it a childish "can't tell me what to do" thing since health advocates try to remind people?

The amount of people, both customers AND employees, that I see that just don't even bother anymore.... UGH. No wonder the spread of the damn flu is so bad! The kids are bad enough, but the adults need to have some damn manners. The elbow method isn't that hard. I could hit one of the cashiers in particular, esp after seeing her doing it once again yesterday, hacking nastily going down the escalator, and this time she legit appears sick. Yeah, thanks b*tch. (The last time recently I was walking a short distance behind and quickly changed course to avoid where she'd walked through. I think another employee saw me do it and himself told her to cover her mouth. lol)

And of course now it's starting to look like something is going around at work and even my manager went home sick early yesterday morning. I hope I can avoid it. So far this season I've done great and hope - knock on wood - that it keeps up.

I've been using the Cold Eeze zinc lozenges preventatively since back before Christmas. (Most of the time just one in the evening after work or if I've been out places.) Never quite bought into the stuff and maybe they don't really do much if you already have symptoms (like they always say to take at the "first signs" of a cold, though isn't it already too late at that point?), but either it's a coincidence and I've been lucky or they've helped.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #7990
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I got yelled at by a woman on the bus not too long ago for coughing and not covering my mouth.

It caught me by surprise for a couple of reasons.
One, I was startled that someone spoke to another person on the bus. That's usually not a thing that happens.
And two, I wasn't sick. I just had heartburn, so it didn't occur to me that the cough to clear my throat would be contagious.

Regardless, my bad.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #7991
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

for whatever reason, February is a tough month to get through.

i'm a summer person.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #7992
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Attempting to do myself in via the down escalator at work. Didn't fall (thank god since I was still at the top and would have hurt like hell), but at first I wasn't so sure. Had an armful of stuff I was taking back downstairs and kind of missed where I was trying to step onto the thing, tried to correct the misstep and for a moment it just really wasn't working. Luckily I caught onto the side of the thing, still with full hands (and didn't lose even one damn thing I was carrying), and got it under control. But here's me saying out loud, Nope, didn't happen, nobody saw that. One guy looked back from the opposite escalator... I couldn't bring myself to look at him so I'm not sure if he was really looking at me after the sound I made or if he was just looking back down the one he was on. Eesh. lol
Old 02-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #7993
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

I miss the times before everything became political.

If I never had to start another SJW thread again, I'd be a happy person.

But it's just ruined so many things I used to love. From Ghostbusters, to star wars, to comics.....that it's just damn annoying.

Things i used to celebrate are now cause for anger.

sigh.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #7994
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
If I never had to start another SJW thread again, I'd be a happy person.
I'm failing to understand why anyone ever has to...
Old 02-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #7995
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

sometimes you just have to point out the crazy hypocrisy.

only way to keep people informed.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #7996
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm sure people are aware...

Grind... I hate when you read an article and the site doesn't include a comment section.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #7997
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Not really a gear grind, but more of a longer worry that's gotten a lot worse.

One of my turtles have gotten really inactive, she's been sleeping and basking mostly and don't eat much. She seemed to have some hydration issues which have gotten better, but her behavior have not improved. And today I fed them cooked chicken, which they all go violently nuts over, but she was not responsive at all.

It could be she's just in a deeper hibernation funk then usual, I don't hibernate my sliders since it's a hassle and straining on the turtle, but they still get into a brumating state; eating less and less active. But she could be on her final verse as well. I don't know how old my turtles are, but by some simple math the 2 red-eared girls I have should be around 30 or older. Which means she is fairly old for a slider but could get much older, sadly she (and her sister) haven't had the best previous owner(s) so I don't know how that'll affect the general lifespan.
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #7998
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not really a gear grind, but more of a longer worry that's gotten a lot worse.

One of my turtles have gotten really inactive, she's been sleeping and basking mostly and don't eat much. She seemed to have some hydration issues which have gotten better, but her behavior have not improved. And today I fed them cooked chicken, which they all go violently nuts over, but she was not responsive at all.

It could be she's just in a deeper hibernation funk then usual, I don't hibernate my sliders since it's a hassle and straining on the turtle, but they still get into a brumating state; eating less and less active. But she could be on her final verse as well. I don't know how old my turtles are, but by some simple math the 2 red-eared girls I have should be around 30 or older. Which means she is fairly old for a slider but could get much older, sadly she (and her sister) haven't had the best previous owner(s) so I don't know how that'll affect the general lifespan.
Is there a chance she could be gravid?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #7999
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Is there a chance she could be gravid?
I've had the suspicion that she might be eggbound, but I've not felt any eggs when I examined her. I have given her baths to help with egg laying just in case, but she's not had any of the usual signs of being gravid before she got inactive
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:05 PM   #8000
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

When you have dyscalculia and a game requires you to use a function of math that's new to you.

This specifically