The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #481
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But...that's wrong. Ciro's not making the decision to end the show, Nick is choosing to end it.
Nick hasn't said it's coming to a close. Ciro and Auman are saying the story itself is coming to an end.

Last edited by victory_angel; 02-17-2017 at 01:26 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:11 AM   #482
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ciro said on the podcast as of now the show is ending simply because Nick hasn't ordered another season. Ciro himself is in no control whether the show ends or continues, it's whoever the business execs are at Nick that decide the shows going to end.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:13 AM   #483
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

It might be worth pointing out, I don't have the source now, but I'm sure I heard Ciro say that he needed 5 seasons of the Nick show to tell his story.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:32 AM   #484
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It might be worth pointing out, I don't have the source now, but I'm sure I heard Ciro say that he needed 5 seasons of the Nick show to tell his story.
Yeah, I recall this too.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:10 AM   #485
CyberCubed
Overlord

That doesn't mean Ciro is in charge of whether the show continues or ends, he said he wanted to make at least 5 seasons. Had Nick decided to order more seasons, I'm sure he would have jumped at the chance to continue.

TMNT is owned by Nick, it isn't Ciro's private series.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 AM   #486
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The characters are coming to a point where they can no longer consider themselves teenagers. Despite the lack of focus on time passing, time does pass in the show and occasionally they do acknowledge it. Such as Kraang Subprime mentioning it's taken a couple of years to get the technodrome (the one that was sent into the bay) up and working again.

This would suggest the Turtles are 17 years old since the Turtles are 15 years old when the series starts and when they defeat the Kraang in Showdown. Two years after that would be 17.

Not to mention the time the Turtles went back in time six months to save the Earth from being destroyed. Just because the Turtles themselves went back in time, it doesn't mean they aged backward with that time. Those six months would still have been with them. And of course, the times that the Turtles had been in Dimension X, Mikey does mention he had been there for several months waiting for his brothers, even though his brothers had a 15-second gap of time.

Typically 18 is when a person is no longer considered a child. This can be hinted at in the moments when Splinter is pointing out to the Turtles that they are coming to the point where they are no longer children.

But Splinter is also Japanese, there is a ceremony in Japan called "Coming of Age Ceremony" Which is an annual ceremony to acknowledge those who have reached adulthood which is around the ages of 19-20. And their are some hints that yes this is likely where the Turtles are age wise.

So if the Turtles are in fact leaning towards their twenties, you can't continue the series with the word "Teenager" in the title.

Ciro himself has also said he can see his vision of the show last five seasons. We have reached five seasons and even if we don't get around to or conclude certain story lines, then there are things that can be covered through a Spin-off, mini-series, or made for TV specials.

For example, there was mention of a Spin off a couple years back, and there was also news of a Spin-Off called to "O'Neil Files". While this Spin-off has spun-off the radar, there has been no word of it being discontinued as far as consideration. It's possible they were waiting for the current TMNT series to come to it's conclusion before they started pushing it.

Another example is the space arc, a lot of the stories were rushed and there was so much potential but we couldn't flesh out the universe because there, of course, was the rush to get the pieces of the "heart of darkness". But then we see the temporal copies of the Turtles, April, and Casey, going into space.
Peter DeCico did give three plausible outcomes for what happened to them.
1. They went back in time and merged with the current Turtles from the alternate time-line.

2. Since their timeline no longer exists they disappeared once they entered space.

3. They are exploring space without the added pressure of finding the pieces of the heart of darkness.

DeCico then said that he was not going to say which outcome he believed, but the 3rd option has the most to add to the imagination.

Also when I commented on Auman's facebook page that Turtle's (Temporal Clone version) go into space it does open the door to a spin-off series. Auman responded by liking it. So having a Spin-Off with the Turtles exploring and having adventures in space...just for the sake of exploring and having adventures in space and nothing else is not out of the realm of possibility. This way the Turtles can visit D'hoonib, encounter and fight the federation, maybe visit Stump's arena, and add further locations, ideas, and characters to the Turtle's Lore.

So O'Neil files, could make a good Miniseries. TMNT in space, could be a good Spin-Off series.

There is also the possibility of Prequel and Sequel series

A prequel series would need to get a new cast for the TMNT or in the case of Rob Paulsen and Greg Cipes just kidify their voices. We know there are child models of Mikey because of Journey to the Center of Mikey's mind. And in an upcoming episode, we do have a brief moment where we see a child version of another of the turtles.

So having a Turtle's in training series isn't impossible and it could work as a series, mini-series, or TV special.

And for a continuation series you just need to set the story at least a year or so after the main series ends, and just take "Teenager" out of the title. Instead, call it "Mutant Ninja Warrior Turtles." This could also work as a new series, mini-series, or made for TV special.

So just because this current series is coming to a close, it doesn't mean the story is dying. The stories may very well continue, but the story as we know it is over.

Last edited by victory_angel; 02-17-2017 at 01:41 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:00 AM   #487
neatoman
Foot Elite

Oh yeah, O'Neil files. Whatever happened to that? Someone mentioned working on that and then nothing happened.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #488
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
The characters are coming to a point where they can no longer consider themselves teenagers. Despite the lack of focus on time passing, time does pass in the show and occasionally they do acknowledge it. Such as Kraang Subprime mentioning it's taken a couple of years to get the technodrome (the one that was sent into the bay) up and working again.

This would suggest the Turtles are 17 years old since the Turtles are 15 years old when the series starts and when they defeat the Kraang in Showdown. Two years after that would be 17.

Not to mention the time the Turtles went back in time six months to save the Earth from being destroyed. Just because the Turtles themselves went back in time, it doesn't mean they aged backward with that time. Those six months would still have been with them. And of course, the times that the Turtles had been in Dimension X, Mikey does mention he had been there for several months waiting for his brothers, even though his brothers had a 15-second gap of time.

Typically 18 is when a person is no longer considered a child. This can be hinted at in the moments when Splinter is pointing out to the Turtles that they are coming to the point where they are no longer children.

But Splinter is also Japanese, there is a ceremony in Japan called "Coming of Age Ceremony" Which is an annual ceremony to acknowledge those who have reached adulthood which is around the ages of 19-20. And their are some hints that yes this is likely where the Turtles are age wise.

So if the Turtles are in fact leaning towards their twenties, you can't continue the series with the word "Teenager" in the title.

Ciro himself has also said he can see his vision of the show last five seasons. We have reached five seasons and even if we don't get around to or conclude certain story lines, then there are things that can be covered through a Spin-off, mini-series, or made for TV specials.

For example, there was mention of a Spin off a couple years back, and there was also news of a Spin-Off called to "O'Neil Files". While this Spin-off has spun-off the radar, there has been no word of it being discontinued as far as consideration. It's possible they were waiting for the current TMNT series to come to it's conclusion before they started pushing it.

Another example is the space arc, a lot of the stories were rushed and there was so much potential but we couldn't flesh out the universe because there, of course, was the rush to get the pieces of the "heart of darkness". But then we see the temporal copies of the Turtles, April, and Casey, going into space.
1. They went back in time and merged with the current Turtles from the alternate time-line.

2. Since their timeline no longer exists they disappeared once they entered space.

3. They are exploring space without the added pressure of finding the pieces of the heart of darkness.

DeCico then said that he was not going to say which outcome he believed, but the 3rd option has the most to add to the imagination.

Also when I commented on Auman's facebook page that Turtle's (Temporal Clone version) go into space it does open the door to a spin-off series. Auman responded by liking it. So having a Spin-Off with the Turtles exploring and having adventures in space...just for the sake of exploring and having adventures in space and nothing else is not out of the realm of possibility. This way the Turtles can visit D'hoonib, encounter and fight the federation, maybe visit Stump's arena, and add further locations, ideas, and characters to the Turtle's Lore.

So O'Neil files, could make a good Miniseries. TMNT in space, could be a good Spin-Off series.

A prequel series would need to get a new cast for the TMNT or in the case of Rob Paulsen and Greg Cipes just kidify their voices. We know there are child models of Mikey because of Journey to the Center of Mikey's mind. And in an upcoming episode, we do have a brief moment where we see a child version of another of the turtles.

So having a Turtle's in training series isn't impossible and it could work as a series, mini-series, or TV special.

And for a continuation series you just need to set the story at least a year or so after the main series ends, and just take "Teenager" out of the title. Instead, call it "Mutant Ninja Warrior Turtles." This could also work as a new series, mini-series, or made for TV special.

So just because this current series is coming to a close, it doesn't mean the story is dying. The stories may very well continue, but the story as we know it is over.
Hmm... maybe it's the temporal copies who star in the Heroes in a Halfshell direct-to-divd features?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #489
CyberCubed
Overlord

Usually when a TMNT universe ends, it pretty much ends forever. The original cartoon Turtles only got a few more appearances in Turtles Forever and the Nick show due to its popularity, but all other universes come to a halt.

Archie TMNT, 2k3 TMNT, 90's live action movie Turtles, etc. were all pretty much never revisited outside of toy merch. When the Nick cartoon ends I suspect we'll be seeing the end of this incarnation, and as said, even the Nick comics by IDW are pretty much over at this point.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #490
neatoman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Usually when a TMNT universe ends, it pretty much ends forever. The original cartoon Turtles only got a few more appearances in Turtles Forever and the Nick show due to its popularity, but all other universes come to a halt.

Archie TMNT, 2k3 TMNT, 90's live action movie Turtles, etc. were all pretty much never revisited outside of toy merch. When the Nick cartoon ends I suspect we'll be seeing the end of this incarnation, and as said, even the Nick comics by IDW are pretty much over at this point.
Yeah, and? It's like that outside of TMNT as well, reboots typically means continuation is over.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #491
Vicky82
Emperor

Zap2it added The Forgotten Swordsmen on April 2nd (Sunday) but it still shows Scrolls of the Demodragon on March 25th (Saturday), so I'm going to assume it's meant to be March 26th, Will have to keep an eye on it.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...orShow&desc=on

Last edited by Vicky82; 02-17-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #492
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Anyway, the Super Shredder DVD will be released in March 21st right? With the first episodes of season 5 inside ...
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #493
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Anyway, the Super Shredder DVD will be released in March 21st right? With the first episodes of season 5 inside ...
I hope people put those eps online.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #494
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, So I expect someone in America will be getting the DVD and record the new episodes online.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #495
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah, So I expect someone in America will be getting the DVD and record the new episodes online.
I would love to buy it, but I can't reproduce DVDs from a different region In case someone records them, we could use the Korean episodes thread (changing the title) for discuss the episodes of season 5 and put all the spoilers in just one thread. Or just make a new thread for it.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #496
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think this is accurate. Amazon has listed the new release as a 1 disc release, contradicting what the tvshowsondvd article states.

Amazon has started pre-orders for the release and they do not accept pre-orders for items until they have confirmation on what the content and price is. And they posted this a week before the article on tvondvd ever came out.

I personally messaged Amazon about the matter when I saw the link, although they didn't come out and say tvondvd's article was wrong (So take that how anybody chooses to), the main quote the person who responded to me said, a direct quote from their response:

"Amazon has released the content that was reported to us from the distributor. We stand by what we have released until we are contacted from studio executives stating otherwise."

So the distributor referenced is obviously Nick/Viacom. So I'm pretty much accepting that as law. So according to Amazon, it's a 1 disc release, and based on prior releases, they're definitely not putting 11 episodes on 1 disc.

So as of now unfortunately, I'm expecting 7 episodes which would be to the end of Season 4. Unless there's concrete confirmation that disputes it, I have to go with what is told to me from a certified retailer.

Though I am curious to who at tvondvd got their info from?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #497
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
I don't think this is accurate. Amazon has listed the new release as a 1 disc release, contradicting what the tvshowsondvd article states.

Amazon has started pre-orders for the release and they do not accept pre-orders for items until they have confirmation on what the content and price is. And they posted this a week before the article on tvondvd ever came out.

I personally messaged Amazon about the matter when I saw the link, although they didn't come out and say tvondvd's article was wrong (So take that how anybody chooses to), the main quote the person who responded to me said, a direct quote from their response:

"Amazon has released the content that was reported to us from the distributor. We stand by what we have released until we are contacted from studio executives stating otherwise."

So the distributor referenced is obviously Nick/Viacom. So I'm pretty much accepting that as law. So according to Amazon, it's a 1 disc release, and based on prior releases, they're definitely not putting 11 episodes on 1 disc.

So as of now unfortunately, I'm expecting 7 episodes which would be to the end of Season 4. Unless there's concrete confirmation that disputes it, I have to go with what is told to me from a certified retailer.

Though I am curious to who at tvondvd got their info from?
This site says it's 2 discs

http://www.newtechreview.com/newtech...sp?NewsID=8579

I have a feeling the DVD will get delayed till after the first 4 episodes of season 5 have aired.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #498
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Yeah, it is weird because .... putting the last episodes of a season and the first episodes of the next one in the same DVD? I've never seen that organization before
Old 02-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #499
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
This site says it's 2 discs

http://www.newtechreview.com/newtech...sp?NewsID=8579

I have a feeling the DVD will get delayed till after the first 4 episodes of season 5 have aired.
I don't know, the link is almost a complete copy/paste of the tvondvd article, with some minor alters. So they clearly got their info from their published post.

So I'm still inclined to believe what I was given. But who the heck knows at this point. ???

Quote:
Yeah, it is weird because .... putting the last episodes of a season and the first episodes of the next one in the same DVD? I've never seen that organization before
It's unusual, but not unheard of. There were US releases of the X-Men: Animated Series where they had a few episodes from a following season on a DVD with a full previous season. But those releases were volume releases alone and not volume/season centric sets as TMNT has been doing.

Last edited by JTH; 02-17-2017 at 05:53 PM.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #500
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post

Seijin no Hi, celebrates when one is 20. You have to turn 20 between April 2 (previous year) - April 1 (current year). Sucks about the decline in attendance these days.

Anyway, a short continuation would probably be nice (like how Japan does OAVs), but I guess it depends on how season 5 ends. In the Alopex ep Splinter said he had nothing else he could teach them, the four becoming adult makes sense.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
season 5