The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #221
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I pre-sold my first Donatello today. $80 shipped. Going to reserve a set at every store I can get to
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #222
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

And you wonder why you get so much sh!t on this board, posting things like that. You're a troll, plain and simple.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:05 AM   #223
Stick1101
New Recruit

Just realised Iíve been accepted to these boards after trying to join for a couple of years! Been an observer in all thar time, been watching the arguments between most of the board vs Two Latin Kings and Iíve got to say he trolls you all for the heat heís taken (right or wrong) and you all bite, just ignore it and move on and Iím pretty sure heíll get bored.

Back to these figures, I have all the 1/4 and have wanted sdcc 18 set since itís announcement, being in the UK that was difficult, and then just when I think thereís a chance I can order them Neca make a deal with the only company who donít ship out of the US, I mean what are the chances? So I bought a set from someone in the UK which obviously turned out more expensive but I donít begrudge paying more for these at all, theyíre magical in hand and think Iíll sell off my 1/4 now, I have quite a few Figuarts figures, Marvel/Star Wars and Dragonball and these Turtle figures hold their own against them. Couldnít be happier!
Stick1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:29 AM   #224
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I am no longer in a place financially to front the money for someone's want list only for them to tell me that the amount I spent was way over their budget.
Quote:
I pre-sold my first Donatello today. $80 shipped. Going to reserve a set at every store I can get to
Spending over budget without your clients consent, and selling a single NECA Turtle for 80$ shipped.

Woof, I was right not trusting you when you PM'd me about Mega Construx sets back in 2016, would have cost a fortune plus a kidney and a leg
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #225
AquaParade
Big Boss

Eh, Latin Kings already lost. It was frustrating when he bragged, back when the figures were rare. Then it just became hilarious when the flood gates opened and his figures lost a ton of value on the scalp-market, let alone shooting himself in the foot with buyers here, with his attitude. Instant Karma.

Let him buy and sell the figures. There are plenty for everyone now, and he is actually helping those who can not obtain the figures themselves.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:38 AM   #226
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

and selling a single NECA Turtle for 80$ shipped.

Afther wacthing this so long i have to jump on😂
You have to understand that buying one is more expensive than buying a set😉he gives a mutch lover price on a set.its only 200 pluss shipping.but then again by the time he Get the figures In hand he most likly have Jackd the price to 3-400 because of hige demand😂😂😂 and did he not say a post or 2 that he was helping people overseas and just gone sell fore retail😂guess that lastes long.
My tip to latin is you shoued stop scalping and become a dealer like the other guy on this board if you want to help people.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:41 AM   #227
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Eh, Latin Kings already lost. It was frustrating when he bragged, back when the figures were rare. Then it just became hilarious when the flood gates opened and his figures lost a ton of value on the scalp-market, let alone shooting himself in the foot with buyers here, with his attitude. Instant Karma.

Let him buy and sell the figures. There are plenty for everyone now, and he is actually helping those who can not obtain the figures themselves.
Well how hard is it to use reship??you can easy preorder from Australia and use reship instead of playing a guy 3-4 times the retail price.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 AM   #228
D Piddy 1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick1101 View Post
Just realised Iíve been accepted to these boards after trying to join for a couple of years! Been an observer in all thar time, been watching the arguments between most of the board vs Two Latin Kings and Iíve got to say he trolls you all for the heat heís taken (right or wrong) and you all bite, just ignore it and move on and Iím pretty sure heíll get bored.

Back to these figures, I have all the 1/4 and have wanted sdcc 18 set since itís announcement, being in the UK that was difficult, and then just when I think thereís a chance I can order them Neca make a deal with the only company who donít ship out of the US, I mean what are the chances? So I bought a set from someone in the UK which obviously turned out more expensive but I donít begrudge paying more for these at all, theyíre magical in hand and think Iíll sell off my 1/4 now, I have quite a few Figuarts figures, Marvel/Star Wars and Dragonball and these Turtle figures hold their own against them. Couldnít be happier!
Congrats on getting a set, not easy over here!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhšuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die."
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #229
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
Well how hard is it to use reship??you can easy preorder from Australia and use reship instead of playing a guy 3-4 times the retail price.
True, true. Pretty lame.

If it makes you feel better, plenty of people have stepped up here to help out members who need overseas shipping. Most people who come here will have other options and not need to go through him. His own doing.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #230
Will not be censored

I'm not forcing anyone to use my services.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 01-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #231
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Like I said before I'm happy to help out as long as people I'm getting them for cover all costs.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:47 AM   #232
FlawedCoil82
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I'm not forcing anyone to use my services.
Except for when they are almost guilted into using them...

Quote:
He has imported items through me before, so until I hear otherwise I will assume I am his first choice.
The slime just oozes from that assumption that you are automatically their only beacon of hope!

Oh well, a fool and their money are soon parted and you are indeed taking advantage of the "fool" who does not know any better (just like the poor sap who tossed around $40 down the sewer for the Donatello, depending on how far it has to ship and if they have to still pay any import fees). I on the other hand am someone who will very happily drive to the opposite side of the city if I can save $.05 a gallon on gas and I will lose sleep if I buy an item at a store and it goes on sale the next week (in fact I will often not open a product for a couple weeks just in case I need to take it back and repurchase it at the sale price), so I am thankful that giving money to a scalper is simply NEVER an option for me.

Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 01-08-2019 at 02:58 AM.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #233
Will not be censored

Ultimately, I can't compete with wholesalers or with companies overseas who can get bulk shipping discounts. I haven't done a sale on here in a long time, so people here boycotting me doesn't really change anything.
Quote:

Old 01-08-2019, 09:50 AM   #234
AquaParade
Big Boss

Thing is, Latin King will say he doesnít care about selling here, out of pride, but posts like ďIím his first choice!!Ē reek of desperation to make a sale. He is clearly hoping to make money here, yet will lose some of those sales, due to previous behavior. His own doing.

But I still take the stance that his attempt to sell doesnít bother me. The figures are widely available now, so no one has to worry about not getting one. If you are overseaís you have plenty of other options, besides going through Latin Kings. I personally think he knows this and is still in the ďlashing outĒ phase.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #235
Meow
Stone Warrior

As much as I do enjoy following along I'd rather prefer to see those kind of posts somewhere in the entertainment/general corner of this forum and this thread right here kept torward 7" Movie NECA figures in Gamestop
Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #236
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
As much as I do enjoy following along I'd rather prefer to see those kind of posts somewhere in the entertainment/general corner of this forum and this thread right here kept torward 7" Movie NECA figures in Gamestop
Are you a mod?
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:26 AM   #237
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

There are mods on this board?!? :b
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:38 AM   #238
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
Are you a mod?
If that was the case we'd be posting in entertainment corner already Nah, I'm not, sorry :]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
There are mods on this board?!? :b
I think some were active at a certain time in the past, not sure how it is these days. None anymore?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #239
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Guess not. Was hoping you were. I'm up for the job. Tired of people baiting others w/ their posts. I come here more than once a day for news, info, and constructive conversation regarding toys and collectibles relating to TMNT. This place sucks for that lately.

I've been in customer service for almost two decades, run a service department, run a lesson program, and deal w/ the general public all day long in a retail setting- I'm more than up for the job and would be happy to do it. Sadly, it appears no one is interested in modding and the chosen few that do, do not visit this section often enough.

Well, worth a shot, thanks for responding Meow!
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:51 AM   #240
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

I sold my set minus the pieces exclusive to SDCC for $200 shipped this past week and pre-sold six GameStop versions already. I have several more deals pending on eBay and Facebook.
Quote: