The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 11:23 AM   #361
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Here is what I don't get Neca claims gamestop is the only place for the hensons because Playmates doesn't have a presence but they are doing target exclusive toon turtles yet playmates has a presence at Target #confused
This also confused me.

I was wondering if it has to do with the MSRP or the fact that it's a two-pack?

Perhaps Neca and Nick found a way to bend the rules? Maybe there are stipulations in place regarding packaging and/or price?

Just a wild guess. I've been wondering that myself.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #362
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Let The Scalping begin

https://i.imgur.com/t0YRQ8B.jpg
probably cheaper then LatinKing's prices
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #363
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Also to the people buying 2 sets of 4 turtles and showing them off on twitter

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #364
AquaParade
Big Boss

Ya know, I was just thinking.

The demand for these figures has to be clear to Nickelodeon at this point, right?

Does anyone have any hard-date sales figures to confirm these have been selling well? Because it sure seems like people on the internet are going nuts for them.

Well if so, Nickelodeon has to be receiving the message that "adult-priced figures for a movie that came out nearly 30 years ago are selling like crazy".

That has to be good for the franchise overall. The 1990 film is a great happy medium for most fans around here, regarding the type of TMNT content we actually want to see.

Hopefully toy figures can help show Nickelodeon that there are a lot of fans who want something closer to the 1990 film than "Rise of the TMNT".
Old 02-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #365
Otter
Foot Soldier

Could anyone who has both these and the SDCC set compare the figures? Construction quality? Paint applications?

Or are they effectively indistinguishable out of the box?
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #366
AquaParade
Big Boss

Goods news: I have the bundle arriving today.

Bad news: GameStop lost my order for the single Leonardo and can't confirm it. Been on the phone between them and Paypal all morning, but never received an e-mail confirmation for order, so they can't track down evidence, even though it's on my bank statement and I am sure I was charged for it.
Worst part is, their representatives keep assuming I'm just an old fogey who doesn't know how bank charges, online transactions, etc work

Have to open a dispute. Not trying to sour the room, but def never ordering from this company again.

Last edited by AquaParade; 02-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #367
inaheap
Stone Warrior

Just thought I'd share this incase some have not seen it. https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...35828623577090

Hopefully at this time those who had orders canceled will be able to reorder. I had my extra Donnie canceled but thankfully the bundle came through.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #368
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Just thought I'd share this incase some have not seen it. https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...35828623577090

Hopefully at this time those who had orders canceled will be able to reorder. I had my extra Donnie canceled but thankfully the bundle came through.

NECA
‏Verified account @NECA_TOYS

NECA Retweeted Draw-A-Line

they have plenty to go around, initial inventory goes to the pre-orders give them a week or 2 and they will be on shelves, it's a process and we appreciate your patience and interest. we are communicating w them constantly to help

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #369
FlawedCoil82
Hench Mutant

Well the good news is that my local Game Stop called to tell me that my figures came in! The bad news is that my Leonardo (my favorite turtle...of course ) seems to be VERY concerned about something off to his lower right side...
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #370
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
probably cheaper then LatinKing's prices

I sold several sets to people overseas for $200 shipped, so like most everyone else you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Could anyone who has both these and the SDCC set compare the figures? Construction quality? Paint applications?

Or are they effectively indistinguishable out of the box?
They're not indistinguishable in the least. These are clearly a different production run. Donatello in particular looks more like the 1:4 counterpart, even having the ribbons on the back of his belt for his bo staff that the SDCC version lacked.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 02-06-2019 at 08:52 PM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:05 PM   #371
Leo656
The Franchise

Everyone is apparently being told different things, which does not bode well.

I didn't get lucky, to say the least. Long story short, I really should have done the pre-order, but Christmas took priority, and I wasn't overly concerned because the GameStop manager near my job told me they'd be taking pre-orders until about mid-January. Then I blew my back out and didn't work for a few weeks, so suddenly, no money for pre-order before the cutoff date. They still didn't seem too concerned, as apparently demand at that one store wasn't extremely high.

I was told that they were expecting at least a small surplus, so to call this morning and I'd probably get lucky. No dice. I was told the following:

- They *barely* received enough to cover pre-orders. They had nothing left by this afternoon.
- According to their computer, it was the same all over the state; NO stores had any extras whatsoever.
- Most distressing, according to the GameStop manager, NECA told them that they will NOT be releasing more of these figures in the future, and today's run is IT. He insisted that he was told, by NECA, that they only manufactured and shipped exactly enough to cover all pre-orders (and apparently not even enough to cover THAT, if people's orders were cancelled as I'm reading here).

He said the confusion about another wave being released in the future, or more being released for store shelves, is that NECA has talked about releasing them in SIX-inch scale later this year, NOT seven-inch. He reiterated that, according to what he was told by NECA, the 7" run is completely gone as of today, and they will NOT be releasing more.

I really hope that he's wrong, but he seemed pretty insistent. He said they would love to get more because they know there's a demand, but they were told it's not happening.

God damn it. Now I'm seeing Leo by himself for $125 plus shipping. This is a little ridiculous. I don't like the idea that I need a 6-figure income to collect goddamn toys. The fact that I, as a huge He-Man fanatic, was shut-out of the amazing MattyCollector line several years ago was a really infuriating burn, but it looks more and more like that's where things are headed now. Retail stores will get junk, and "the good sh*t" will be trickled out to collectors (and scalpers) in drips and drabs via 45-second online "pre-order" madness, to create an artificially high demand (and price point).

It's a real shame that most of the people who'd really want these types of things can't get them. Not everybody who grew up watching these cartoons went to law school, are these companies aware of that?

I'unno. I had a feeling I'd strike out, and knowing that I might have had my order cancelled even if I did pre-order kind of eases that sting, but hearing now that this was my ONE chance to get these figures at anything less than "sell a kidney" prices is... well, it's infuriating.

Good luck everybody else.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #372
Will not be censored

More are on the way. Give it two to three weeks.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #373
AquaParade
Big Boss

Leo, that is insane, if true. Been following all your posts regarding you going into GameStop and asking questions. Itís all very interesting.

I donít know how much faith I put in those employees. I donít know them like you do, or know the person informing them. I just feel like money typically talks.

I suppose the 6-inch scale sounds feasible. I donít collect many figures, so Iím curious how some of you who didnít get any would feel about that option. Iím pretty happy with the current size, but Iíd probably be okay with slightly smaller turtles, if it were my only small scale option.

And to those who may have missed out this time, donít forget the big ones. I have the large Raphael and itís beautiful. If I didnít get the bundle, Iíd be going for all of the large figures. Still may when I can eventually afford it.

That all said, I do believe there will be more of these available. Guess we will see.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #374
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Everyone is apparently being told different things, which does not bode well.

I didn't get lucky, to say the least. Long story short, ..............

I was told that they were expecting at least a small surplus, so to call this morning and I'd probably get lucky. No dice. I was told the following:

- They *barely* received enough to cover pre-orders. They had nothing left by this afternoon.
- According to their computer, it was the same all over the state; NO stores had any extras whatsoever.
- Most distressing, according to the GameStop manager, NECA told them that they will NOT be releasing more of these figures in the future, and today's run is IT. He insisted that he was told, by NECA, that they only manufactured and shipped exactly enough to cover all pre-orders (and apparently not even enough to cover THAT, if people's orders were cancelled as I'm reading here).

He said the confusion about another wave being released in the future, or more being released for store shelves, is that NECA has talked about releasing them in SIX-inch scale later this year, NOT seven-inch. He reiterated that, according to what he was told by NECA, the 7" run is completely gone as of today, and they will NOT be releasing more.

I really hope that he's wrong, but he seemed pretty insistent. He said they would love to get more because they know there's a demand, but they were told it's not happening...........
Calm yourself fellow collector:
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...43683338706944

Relax, that manager is wrong on too many levels to list. The 6" scale shoulda been the final indicator he's full of misinformation. That scale is even closer to what Playmates makes and would never happen. Plus, NECA does not do that scale at all whatsoever. NECA does 1/12 and 1/4. They dabbled w/ 3.75inch for Gears of War and that was that.

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

To get a coherent, almost useful thread, put
RicksNerdLife

on ignore.

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #375
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
More are on the way. Give it two to three weeks.
I sincerely hope so. Part of me thinks that the employees would know what they're getting shipped to them, though. Why would they tell anyone "We're definitely not getting more" instead of, "We might, keep checking in"?

Because when I hear, "We might", that's fine, I go by there on my way home almost every day. "We might" means, if I'm persistent enough I can eventually get lucky.

If I hear, "We're definitely not getting more, sorry," then I go straight to eBay, see the ridiculous prices, and give up completely, which means nobody anywhere ends up getting my money.

Also, if I know they're getting more I can plan ahead and be sure I have the money; if they say, "No, no more," then I'm gonna spend that money on something else. And then if they DO come back in, I'll be double-pissed, because I was implicitly instructed not to expect it, and won't be prepared to actually purchase them even if they do turn up.
--------

Aqua: I just wish that we could get clear, straight answers about this stuff. It isn't fair to be this coy with your customers. NECA should just say, "We will/will not be releasing more of these in the future", even if they have to fudge things a bit and say "We don't know how many we'll end up doing." At least give people a crumb.

I absolutely allow for the possibility that someone can misspeak. GameStop employees may very well be confused. But not knowing anything for certain means, I have to somehow remember to keep around $200 stashed away for TOYS for the next few weeks, months, who knows, which isn't exactly easy. But I have to be "ready", because they just MIGHT shotgun a few more of these out to stores one day, maybe, possibly, we don't know.

It is what it is, but man, I miss just taking a walk to goddamn Toys R Us and knowing there was at least an 80% chance of going home with the thing I explicitly wanted. It needn't be this complicated.

Here's hoping they do put more out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
Calm yourself fellow collector:
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...43683338706944

Relax, that manager is wrong on too many levels to list. The 6" scale shoulda been the final indicator he's full of misinformation. That scale is even closer to what Playmates makes and would never happen. Plus, NECA does not do that scale at all whatsoever. NECA does 1/12 and 1/4. They dabbled w/ 3.75inch for Gears of War and that was that.
I sincerely hope you are correct. If the guy's wrong, I won't take it personal. He was told what he told me by someone else, after all. I just wish it wasn't a great big game of "telephone".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #376
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Well the good news is that my local Game Stop called to tell me that my figures came in! The bad news is that my Leonardo (my favorite turtle...of course ) seems to be VERY concerned about something off to his lower right side...
That's kinda cool, to me, if they're aligned and he's glaring. I like that. You won the ninja turtle gaze lottery. Open him up, put him in a fighting stance w/ both swords and have him looking forward w/ his head turned....awesome.

RicksNerdLife

on ignore.

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:59 PM   #377
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I sincerely hope so. Part of me thinks that the employees would know what they're getting shipped to them, though. Why would they tell anyone "We're definitely not getting more" instead of, "We might, keep checking in"?

Because when I hear, "We might", that's fine, I go by there on my way home almost every day. "We might" means, if I'm persistent enough I can eventually get lucky.

If I hear, "We're definitely not getting more, sorry," then I go straight to eBay, see the ridiculous prices, and give up completely, which means nobody anywhere ends up getting my money.

Also, if I know they're getting more I can plan ahead and be sure I have the money; if they say, "No, no more," then I'm gonna spend that money on something else. And then if they DO come back in, I'll be double-pissed, because I was implicitly instructed not to expect it, and won't be prepared to actually purchase them even if they do turn up.
--------
Well step back remember you are talking to a bunch of people completely out of their element. Gamers and collectors and the companies behind both industries are vastly different. So are the distributors. Try an analogy, you just walked into your go-to franchise of a fishing store b/c they just randomly decided to sell guitar strings b/c guitar center went under. Makes no sense but it's where you got to go now. Same for the fisherman enthusiasts behind the counter: "uhh yeah...Ernie Ball himself called and said the Paradigm strings are no more, we're done" bunch of bs from uninterested folks - If I had to hazard a guess.

Quote:
.....I miss just taking a walk to goddamn Toys R Us and knowing there was at least an 80% chance of going home with the thing I explicitly wanted. It needn't be this complicated.

Here's hoping they do put more out.
---also, unfortunately----

Yeah, well the word EXCLUSIVE is written on it. So that means some idiots out there without their own toy store or proper legal means of ordering these things from a wholesaler and then turning around and selling them at the proper MSRP in a business setting has convinced themselves to going around an picking up as much as they can b/c it's EXCLUSIVE. And it's their right to make money off of the MSRP rather than the wholesale price it in their f^cked up head.

RicksNerdLife

on ignore.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:35 PM   #378
FlawedCoil82
Hench Mutant

Quote:
That's kinda cool, to me, if they're aligned and he's glaring. I like that. You won the ninja turtle gaze lottery. Open him up, put him in a fighting stance w/ both swords and have him looking forward w/ his head turned....awesome.
I don't know, I was intending to keep them sealed so I would have preferred him with a straight ahead gaze like the other three. Although I would eventually like to get a second set (hopefully all their eyes looking straight) and then I wouldn't have a problem opening these ones. But until I learn what's going on with GameStop's current inventory issues, I am hesitant to open them. The guy working today sort of implied that I was the only customer who ordered them cuz he was like "Oh these are cool looking. I haven't seen these guys before but I may have to get some myself." when he grabbed them out of the back for me.

As a side note, it's incredible to me how much cooler the NECA figures are to the Playmates ones. I assumed at the time that the Playmates movie figures would be the "ultimate movie figures".
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #379
retrohead
Mouser

Man it sucks that we don't have access to these in the UK. I would've picked em up on ebay but every price I've seen includes a massive import charge on top of postage! Wonder what the chances are of them getting a standard retail release and showing up in comic and collectable stores?
retrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:57 AM   #380
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
The 6" scale shoulda been the final indicator he's full of misinformation. That scale is even closer to what Playmates makes and would never happen. Plus, NECA does not do that scale at all whatsoever. NECA does 1/12 and 1/4. They dabbled w/ 3.75inch for Gears of War and that was that.
NECA's 7" figures are 1/10th scale not 1/12th scale. 1/12th scale is 1" = 1', so a 6" tall figure represents a 6' tall person.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote