The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 03:57 AM   #381
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrohead View Post
Man it sucks that we don't have access to these in the UK. I would've picked em up on ebay but every price I've seen includes a massive import charge on top of postage! Wonder what the chances are of them getting a standard retail release and showing up in comic and collectable stores?
Best price I've found works out at around £65 per figure, factoring in postage and import tax. Considering I can currently get the 18" figures for £85 each, that's a big no for me.

From what I gather, even if NECA's license allowed them to sell these over here I doubt they'd have any interest - from speaking with them at various toy fairs over the years I've essentially been told that they don't think there's a market for TMNT product in Europe.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:09 AM   #382
Otter
Foot Soldier

There has to be a bigger market than Australia, and we're getting them. I think it's more complicated than just what NECA think they can sell.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #383
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
There has to be a bigger market than Australia, and we're getting them. I think it's more complicated than just what NECA think they can sell.
It's the licence, NECA only have the TMNT licence in the US and Austraila
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #384
Roseangelo
Emperor

The Playmates versions were always crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrohead View Post
Man it sucks that we don't have access to these in the UK. I would've picked em up on ebay but every price I've seen includes a massive import charge on top of postage! Wonder what the chances are of them getting a standard retail release and showing up in comic and collectable stores?
Unfortunately, NECA has stated on their Twitter that they donít have licensing for the UK.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #385
AquaParade
Big Boss

The new Playmates movie figures look worse than their original movie figures. At least those had a unique, slimy-looking skin texture and somewhat seamless sculpts.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #386
AquaParade
Big Boss

Extra Raphael

I ended up with an extra Raphael. If anyone can pick up in Lafayette CA, in the East bay, feel free to PM me.

$35

Sorry, can't ship.

Gamestop is super unorganized, btw.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #387
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Got Raphael today. I am glad I paid money for this

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:08 PM   #388
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Went to my local GameStop today. The guy there said that they only got enough for preorders but are expecting a second wave.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #389
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Got Raphael today. I am glad I paid money for this

https://i.imgur.com/sHJRbhn.jpg
I'm glad I paid with souls.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #390
Leo656
The Franchise

That was good.

I plan on having a chat with the head guy at the place over by work tomorrow, see what he says. I have the money right now, I don't wanna get caught with my pants down if they send more out in two weeks, y'know? At least with SOME indication I can be prepared.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:24 PM   #391
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Woohoo! My GameStop preorder came in today and they look awesome. My brother ordered all four from the store and we opened up his figures today and I love the way these things handle.

As far as my figures go ... I may wait to open them until I can find a good spot for them. Right now, my 1/4th scale figures are taking up most of the area in our spare room and I'd hate to open them just to have them tucked away somewhere as I have for my NECA Mirage bootlegs, unfortunately.

Either way, I'm super glad to have these. It makes me want to collect more of NECA's horror line (like the 2017 Pennywise and 2018 Michael Myers) and get the TMNT in some dynamic poses fighting against those villains.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:30 PM   #392
Leo656
The Franchise

Those look so great. Donnie and Leo's belts are kinda high up on 'em, but that's minor.

I really hope they toss a few more of these out there. I can't see myself NOT owning these at some point... but I'd love it if I can get them at a price that won't have me hating myself literally forever.

Great-looking stuff though.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:34 PM   #393
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Those look so great. Donnie and Leo's belts are kinda high up on 'em, but that's minor.

I really hope they toss a few more of these out there. I can't see myself NOT owning these at some point... but I'd love it if I can get them at a price that won't have me hating myself literally forever.

Great-looking stuff though.
Hey, thanks, man! And yeah, the more I look at Don's belt in the packaging the more I realize how high up it is to his armpits ... haha. I'm pretty sure it's a little more adjustable as looking at my 1/4th Donatello in the same room - they're high, but certainly not by that much.

Hopefully you find a chance to snag them and get them for yourself!
Old 02-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #394
Leo656
The Franchise

There's always eBay if I get desperate (and my tax refund is big enough), but again, if I do that I'll never even be able to look at 'em without tasting sulfur. So I really hope I get a better opportunity than that. Although I wouldn't doubt prices will stabilize once the initial "shock and awe" wears off.

But I'm happy for everyone else. Those look amazing.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:46 AM   #395
Otter
Foot Soldier

We're supposed to be getting them here in Australia next month. If you can wait out the next couple of weeks for Game Stop, and they don't re-stock in the end, feel free to reach out. The shipping will cost you a bit from Australia though. It's an option.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:32 AM   #396
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Everyone is apparently being told different things, which does not bode well.

I didn't get lucky, to say the least. Long story short, I really should have done the pre-order, but Christmas took priority, and I wasn't overly concerned because the GameStop manager near my job told me they'd be taking pre-orders until about mid-January. Then I blew my back out and didn't work for a few weeks, so suddenly, no money for pre-order before the cutoff date. They still didn't seem too concerned, as apparently demand at that one store wasn't extremely high.

I was told that they were expecting at least a small surplus, so to call this morning and I'd probably get lucky. No dice. I was told the following:

- They *barely* received enough to cover pre-orders. They had nothing left by this afternoon.
- According to their computer, it was the same all over the state; NO stores had any extras whatsoever.
- Most distressing, according to the GameStop manager, NECA told them that they will NOT be releasing more of these figures in the future, and today's run is IT. He insisted that he was told, by NECA, that they only manufactured and shipped exactly enough to cover all pre-orders (and apparently not even enough to cover THAT, if people's orders were cancelled as I'm reading here).

He said the confusion about another wave being released in the future, or more being released for store shelves, is that NECA has talked about releasing them in SIX-inch scale later this year, NOT seven-inch. He reiterated that, according to what he was told by NECA, the 7" run is completely gone as of today, and they will NOT be releasing more.

I really hope that he's wrong, but he seemed pretty insistent. He said they would love to get more because they know there's a demand, but they were told it's not happening.

God damn it. Now I'm seeing Leo by himself for $125 plus shipping. This is a little ridiculous. I don't like the idea that I need a 6-figure income to collect goddamn toys. The fact that I, as a huge He-Man fanatic, was shut-out of the amazing MattyCollector line several years ago was a really infuriating burn, but it looks more and more like that's where things are headed now. Retail stores will get junk, and "the good sh*t" will be trickled out to collectors (and scalpers) in drips and drabs via 45-second online "pre-order" madness, to create an artificially high demand (and price point).

It's a real shame that most of the people who'd really want these types of things can't get them. Not everybody who grew up watching these cartoons went to law school, are these companies aware of that?

I'unno. I had a feeling I'd strike out, and knowing that I might have had my order cancelled even if I did pre-order kind of eases that sting, but hearing now that this was my ONE chance to get these figures at anything less than "sell a kidney" prices is... well, it's infuriating.

Good luck everybody else.

I call that guy full of ********.afther wath randy has writing on Twitter my guess is this:the first batch was supose to fill In the preorders and not all did order a set of four so some singles leftovers was gonne hit stores fore people to buy.the second batch was ment to come 2-3 weeks later and to be put In stores.now wath did happend was that a lot of employs did know that this 90turtles was In hige demand so they did cancel preorder and Did take them fore them self to sell on eBay and to build up a hype they tell people that this is it and they will not Get more In stock etc.so if i was one of you i woued just wait because In some weeks one way or another they shoued pop up around stores at retail prices.so do not freak out and buy at hige prices.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:44 AM   #397
joefsas
Stone Warrior

Guess I'll have to wait and hope for some decent bootlegs...
Old 02-08-2019, 02:52 AM   #398
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
Guess I'll have to wait and hope for some decent bootlegs...
They are allready on eBay.its some time since i did look so they are posseble sold out now but my guess not fore long
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #399
Mintyfresh
Thug

Looks like they are accepting orders on gamestop website again!
Mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #400
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyfresh View Post
Looks like they are accepting orders on gamestop website again!
Yeah I saw this email and I was all like ....SCREW YOU!!!!!

Seriously the audacity of these people. You know what I would prefer instead of this email? If GameStop didn't pull a Houdini on my last order that was in place for the last 6 months....jerks.....

I'm lucky that a fellow collector on the Fwoosh was kind enough to offer one of his redundant sets to me at cost. I snagged that right away. But still I claim the right to be sour over the fact that Gamestop right screwed me in the pooch. I terminated my power-up rewards membership after that. I will now buy games exclusively through PS store and steam after the way I was treated.

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Congrats! Did you get the special edition with the chrome parts, or just the standard version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
You're right! D'oh!
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote