The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-04-2019, 09:52 PM   #141
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I dunno, at least the Ewok was able to fight back, and he died heroically. The poor dog never had a chance.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:01 PM   #142
Voltron
Ableist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

At best, it'll be vague. Kinda like Ghostbusters II made zero mention of any of the events of Real Ghostbusters
You know, this always bothered me. But when I went back and watched the series on Netflix, they actually address this in the cartoons.

Turns out, the Real Ghostbusters from the series are the REAL Ghostbusters, like literally. They actually go to see the movie about them in the show. I think it was season 1 episode 10, "Take Two". Episode 11 happens immediately after the battle with Gozer.

Either way, I love that we got so much out of the universe. The new movie sounds cool, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. . . I miss Egon.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:25 PM   #143
Leo656
The Franchise

I always loved that episode. Very, very clever, and frankly, far beyond what was necessary to satisfy us at the time. But it was nice that they went the extra mile like that. Good stuff.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 PM   #144
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Hey speaking of sequels, whats the consensus of The Lost World? Do people say it sucks now, too? I remember when it came out everyone liked it until the T-Rex in New York stuff. At least, thats what I remember the conversation being.

(I know it's a bit off topic but it's really not worth starting a whole new thread, either)
When it did not suck?

I mean, TLW is very uneven movie, with some really brilliant parts and very boring parts, making overall mediocre package.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #145
Leo656
The Franchise

https://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-...jason-reitman/

In brief... nobody's been hired to be in it and nothing's set in stone. Still.

I predict that at the very least they'll end up pushing back the release date. They'd better. Clock's ticking and they've got nothing but "good intentions". They probably will; I imagine they just announced a date to express confidence while people were paying attention to them. Once they actually have a script and a cast, they'll probably push it back at least two or three months.

I also think it's sad that Ernie Hudson essentially has to beg to be involved in this, and that they more or less have to find a way to "fit him in" somewhere. To know that it's been like a month and nobody's even bothered reaching out to the original cast - or so it seems - is disheartening. I guess it makes sense that they want to have a better idea where they're going first, but still. Getting those guys involved - Officially - should have been Day One stuff.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:41 PM   #146
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

That’s not really news but even if nobody has been officially given the parts which just means contracts have not been signed. I’m positive neither Dan or Ernie are “begging” to be in it.

Anyway there was an interview with Kevin Smith where Jason told him exactly what he had planned. So at the absolute least a treatment must exist.

Getting delayed a couple months would be ok unless they really wanted it to be a summer movie. Would fit in October too with Halloween.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:52 AM   #147
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
He's playing around. Like Reitman said, they want to unravel this movie and what it is "like a present." Hudson has been told to shut his mouth, probably even told what to say if asked about it.

There's very little point in making a Ghostbusters movie within the realm of the original movies that doesn't feature the old Ghostbusters.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:04 AM   #148
Leo656
The Franchise

If the "present" ends up being "13-year old Ghostbusters", it's a lot less "Unwrapping it in layers" and a lot more "We need a very delicate way of selling people on a very questionable idea, and our marketing team hasn't figured out how to do that yet."

Old 02-09-2019, 05:09 AM   #149
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
If the "present" ends up being "13-year old Ghostbusters", it's a lot less "Unwrapping it in layers" and a lot more "We need a very delicate way of selling people on a very questionable idea, and our marketing team hasn't figured out how to do that yet."
Oh, you're not wrong. There's probably a ton of that. Focus groups and corporate execs trying to figure out how best to unveil this movie in light of... everything that happened with the all-girls GB movie and all the fallout. But that's exactly why I guarantee you they have Hudson with a hard gag order and marching orders.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:45 AM   #150
Leo656
The Franchise

At this point - and especially after last time - it's gonna take a lot more than Those Guys to get me excited, anyways. They've all proven that they'll take any gig for a sandwich. Their involvement doesn't promise anything, quality-wise. And if the Endgame is just to "give the shine" to some Junior High Schoolers, that'll be more than enough to make me stay home.

That's my biggest concern. Not that they won't get the original cast; we all know that's a given no matter who's still not "booked". If they showed up for the last one, they'll show up for the next one, no matter what it ends up being. My concern is, they didn't get out in front of the rumors and assuage people about a really lame idea. "No, that's dumb, we're not going with children." That's all they had to say.

They didn't, and that's bad. Two decades after everybody's caterwauling about Jake Loyd in Episode I, and people still haven't learned anything. "This is the one with kids in it" is a really bad gimmick, regardless of property or franchise, and every single time, the only message it sends is, "We're out of ideas."

Again, maybe they won't do it, but if not, they already should have said, "We can't tell you what we're doing, but we promise it's not that."

Old 02-09-2019, 05:49 AM   #151
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Why does it have to be any kind of guise?

Are we gonna throw Jason Reitman into the whole agenda thing too?

Let them make a movie. Itís certainly going in the right direction.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:55 AM   #152
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Why does it have to be any kind of guise?
Ghostbusters 2016.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:56 AM   #153
Leo656
The Franchise

How can anyone say anything with "certainty" when we literally only know two things?

- They're making a movie
- They want it out in 15 months

We know NOTHING about "direction". Even my misgivings are only based on hearsay and conjecture; the entire kids thing may well yet be a smokescreen. I'm just concerned because they haven't done the right thing and completely debunked it. But they still may.

We don't know the "direction" yet. We don't know anything except a tentative release date. Period.

As for Jason Reitman, I have no clue who he is aside from "Ivan's kid." That means zero at all, to me. Curt Hennig (Mr. Perfect to neophytes) was an amazing wrestler, his kids are probably nice people but talent definitely skipped a generation in that family. You can grow up immersed in something and have "The Genes", it doesn't mean anything. These things aren't hereditary.

Look at Landis's worthless kid. Need I say more?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #154
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

The direction is making a proper sequel while bringing in new members for business. That’s an obvious direction. How much or how little the original Ghostbusters are involved well they’ll certainly have significant parts since the context of the story needs establishing.

To be honest I personally do not mind teenage GB. What’s important to me is story. In all honesty that’s my number 1 thing. A good follow up, a creative plot and setup for future movies.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:09 AM   #155
Leo656
The Franchise

Kids can't act.

And putting that completely aside - because that ultimately may not even matter - you assume much from a 30-second teaser and a press release.

The only thing "obvious" is that they are indeed making a movie. Nothing else is "obvious". At all. We have exactly Zero information. Still.

Actually, I take that back. One thing IS obvious: They still know how to get a Pavlovian response from the right type of fan, even after the last movie. "Look, the car! The library music! They TOTALLY nailed it!"

Old 02-09-2019, 06:16 AM   #156
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

What else do I need to determine itís a proper sequel with some kind of new members? Theyíve flat out said itís a follow up with the remaining 3 originals (in some capacity at least).

Iím supposed to assume itís not really a follow up?

Plot and storyline are obviously not known. Those could very well be just as repetitive or totally outrageous I guess.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:23 AM   #157
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

We know more about this movie than we do about SW Episode IX... and that drops in like 9 months and has already filmed.

This is the marketing game.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #158
Leo656
The Franchise

We could decide when the movie exists and not a year in advance. That would be great.

Make no mistake, I definitely won't spread for any old thing but I'm not incredibly hard to please. But getting overly excited based on a teaser - which even a fan could have made in a weekend - and the "promises" of studio executives - whose JOB it is to lie and jerk people off - is incredibly naive and foolish. Them saying, "We're gonna do better this time" is meaningless. No less an "authority" than Kevin Eastman "promised" a great deal about those BayTurtles movies, and I STILL owe his house a good egging for spewing such horse sh*t out loud and in public.

Words are words. If you want to take everything you hear as gospel, that's your prerogative. All I'm saying is, I will be excited when there's ANYTHING to be excited about. "Another movie" isn't enough by itself.

Mark my words, if and when they do ANYTHING worthy of praise, I will be sure and praise it. So far all they've done is talk big. I'm a carny by trade (at least on occasional weekends). "You can't work a worker", period. Masters of misdirection can spot the tricks and the sleight-of-hand. I smell a con, but if I'm wrong? Good! Nobody wants a good movie more than I do.

I'll award them the points when they cross home plate, and not a step before.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:31 AM   #159
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We know more about this movie than we do about SW Episode IX... and that drops in like 9 months and has already filmed.

This is the marketing game.
Not true. We know Episode IX will be full of SJW-isms, all the male characters will be impotent morons in comparison to their uterus-enhanced peers, and that any Original Trilogy characters with a penis will be made to look bad at the expense of Leia and Rey.

I don't know the PLOT of the movie, no. But I know those things will be included because I watched the last two.

Sorry to double post, phone is being goofy.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #160
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Well itís definitely possible the movie does not turn out very good.

To claim that everyone involved is a pawn in some conspiracy that the studio has to make us watch another Ghostbusters movie...well thatís just absurd.

Tags
bustin'makesmefeelgood, kidbusters, non-cuckbusters, the anti sjw