The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,682
lol... so apparently Magneto is STILL the villain:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65379
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #22
FlawedCoil82
Hench Mutant
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But they kinda are...
The X-Men's costumes are the biggest reason I can not stand the title anymore. I love the 90's costumes they had. Once the comics and movies got rid of those, I lost all interest. Spider-Man shouldn't be allowed to have a costume either. He should just wear a shirt with a spider on the front. Captain America can wear a flag on his shirt, etc. The beautifully flawless and eye catching designs of Jim Lee's X-Men uniforms is what made me pick up my first comic book. I loathe when Marvel changes their costumes every 6 months. Not one costume they have changed has "improved" the looks of any of the characters. They just keep delivering insanely boring, dull costumes more and more inferior than the last.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #23
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
The X-Men's costumes are the biggest reason I can not stand the title anymore. I love the 90's costumes they had. Once the comics and movies got rid of those, I lost all interest. Spider-Man shouldn't be allowed to have a costume either. He should just wear a shirt with a spider on the front. Captain America can wear a flag on his shirt, etc. The beautifully flawless and eye catching designs of Jim Lee's X-Men uniforms is what made me pick up my first comic book. I loathe when Marvel changes their costumes every 6 months. Not one costume they have changed has "improved" the looks of any of the characters. They just keep delivering insanely boring, dull costumes more and more inferior than the last.
I 100% agree with this. Part f the fun of the X-men was their awesome colourful suits, and I also love Jim Lee era X-men. I mean ffs everyone wants to see Wolverine with the mask, not some boring Leather crud. Not liking the looks of the new DOFP suits either
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
lol... so apparently Magneto is STILL the villain:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65379
Aw jeez! Seriously? Apocalypse is going to use a Magneto meatsuit the way demonic forces are portrayed on Supernatural and other TV shows in order to save a buck? I can see Magneto and Prof X teaming up to stop him but this? Naaah! Nah they're not really going to do this. Why, this is simply an early April Fools' prank! Yes, yes that's what it is. hahahahahaha! They wouldn't let Magneto hog the big screen yet again, would they? He's one of my favorite X-Men villains but c'mon, Fox. Just no.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,417
I wonder what they'll do if the actor who plays Magento passes away by 2016. I'm pretty sure he's 80 something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 25,216
We sure it's THAT Magneto, Cubed. Could be either Michael Fassbender OR Sir Ian McKellen.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,134
It's Fassbender. Apocalypse is set in the First Class timeline according to the rumor mill.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,417
Still I'm sure "old Magneto" would not be forgotten unless the actor passes away.

As said, the X-men movie franchise will have been running for 16 years by the time this movie hits. It's really hard to believe and its obviously the longest running superhero movie universe in existence.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #29
sdp
<<Virtual X-Mas Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 7,062
DofP is a way to get the star power of the original actors and instead of ******** on the new actors it's instead passing the torch.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,417
With Rogue cut from Days of Future past I wonder if she'll return in Apocalypse.

Pretty lame of Singer to promote Rogue in the trailer and at Comiccon and then cut her out of the movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #31
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 18,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder what they'll do if the actor who plays Magento passes away by 2016. I'm pretty sure he's 80 something.
Lol u think that he'll just drop dead by then? Too funny


Any ways, I can't wait for Days of Future Past, it's on "my want to go see" list next year, and this will be on my 2016 list definitely
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #32
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,134
Sophie Turner (Sansa in GoT) cast as Jean Grey.

Tye Sheridan and Alexandra Shipp cast as Cyclops and Storm. I've never heard of either of them.

http://variety.com/2015/legit/news/s...se-1201412640/

Last edited by NinjaPug; 01-22-2015 at 07:54 PM.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #33
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Sophie Turner (Sansa in GoT) cast as Jean Grey.

Tye Sheridan and Alexandra Shipp cast as Cyclops and Storm. I've never heard of either of them.
The only thing I've seen Alexandra in was the 2nd Chipmunks movie... but she had the lead role in the Aaliyah movie. Not familiar with Tye's work.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:53 PM   #34
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,651
Here's some exciting casting news to wind down your Tuesday evening with. Bryan Singer has announced via Instagram that Kodi Smit-McPhee has joined the already very impressive cast of X-Men: Apocalypse as a younger version of fan-favourite mutant teleporter, Nightcrawler. The character was last seen in the second X-Men movie played by Alan Cumming, and we all wondered if we'd every see the "Fuzzy Elf" return to the franchise. Smit-McPhee was most recently seen in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but his best performance was arguably in the bleak (but brilliant) adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

Nightcrawler is the latest X-men to join the Age of Apocolypse Cast.

From Comicbook movie.com
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:43 AM   #35
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Here's some exciting casting news to wind down your Tuesday evening with. Bryan Singer has announced via Instagram that Kodi Smit-McPhee has joined the already very impressive cast of X-Men: Apocalypse as a younger version of fan-favourite mutant teleporter, Nightcrawler. The character was last seen in the second X-Men movie played by Alan Cumming, and we all wondered if we'd every see the "Fuzzy Elf" return to the franchise. Smit-McPhee was most recently seen in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but his best performance was arguably in the bleak (but brilliant) adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

Nightcrawler is the latest X-men to join the Age of Apocolypse Cast.

From Comicbook movie.com
Also from here: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/17...g-nightcrawler

But YAY!!! Nightcrawler returneth!!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #36
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,531
I wonder if the new film will explain his origin? In the comics, He was the son of Mystique and Azazel, But given that the movie version of Azazel is dead, Based on what happened in Days of Future Past, They are going to have to go a different route for his origin, Perhaps Mystique can still be the mother, But had a different father?
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #37
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,927
Nah, Mystique as the mother just doesn't pan out, really (though on the other hand, it's clear that no one at Fox gives a damn about continuity anymore).

I'd rather the father be Azazel and the mother be... anyone else, really.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #38
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,651
well Mystique could have had Nightcrawler in between the events of DOFP and Apocolypse. Maybe she didn't realize she was pregnant by Azezal.
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #39
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,433
I was really hoping to see Ian McKellen reprise his role. But I doubt it sense they are bringing young Xavier and Magneto on board.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #40
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I was really hoping to see Ian McKellen reprise his role. But I doubt it sense they are bringing young Xavier and Magneto on board.
I think Old Magneto will be in the movie some stories are saying he is. Also Gambit might be in it too.
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.