The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
ABrown
Mad Scientist

Big Bang Theory To End With Season 12

I can't believe that there's virtually no discussion here at The Technodrome about The Big Bang Theory. Anyway, it looks like the show is coming to an end with the forthcoming 12th season: https://www.eonline.com/news/962252/...fter-season-12.

If it were up to me, I would've had the show come to and end after the 7th season, before they signed a three year extension. At that point, the show was past it's prime, and didn't really need to continue. There is no way in shell that the show should been given an addition extension for seasons 11-12.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I lost interest in that series by season 2.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Itís had a good run! I stopped trying to watch every episode around season 6. Then only occasional episodes season 7. Nothing after that. The show definitely has been very popular.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I can't believe that there's virtually no discussion here at The Technodrome about The Big Bang Theory.
We have standards.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
newfan
Mad Scientist

I used to like watching this but hadn't kept up for a while now. Wanted to catch the finale with Mark Hamill though.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:43 PM   #6
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
We have standards.
Thatís a good joke
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
Shark_Blade
Raph the Big Bro

Should’ve ended with a bang.

*ba dum tss*

Ready for TMNT in Injustice 2?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #8
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
We have standards.
What is this "standard" you speak of, can you consume it for nourishment?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #9
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

I stopped watching the series a long time ago. Sheldon was really starting to irritate me on the same level that Screech Powers did on Saved by the Bell.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #10
XERO
Keep... It... Tight!

One of the select few who like this show. At least it's getting a proper sendoff.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #11
ABrown
Mad Scientist

Quote:
We have standards.
Yes, here at The Technodrome, we prefer our fiction to feature humanoid turtles that learned Ninjutsu from a rat.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #12
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Today I came to the realization that one of the many reasons why I can't stand Sheldon is because he is EXTREMELY HEARTLESS. If there really was a Wizard of Oz, then Sheldon definitely needs to ask him for a heart. He doesn't seem realize how rude and awkward he can be. The writers and Parsons have acknowledged that he doesn't have a learning disability.

I've watched sitcoms where some characters have lots of flaws but they still have heart. Michael Scott from The Office proved he had that towards the end of the series. Despite the characters from Friends not having very good morals, they still come across as very human. One of the many reasons why I love the characters from Parks & Recreation is that almost everyone was just so likable. Despite Full House and Fuller House coming across as saccharine, the family, along with Kimmy and Steve, are always there for each other.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:17 AM   #13
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
One of the select few who like this show. At least it's getting a proper sendoff.
You are not the only one. I am glad that the show is getting a proper send off as well and I hope the show does all the characters justice by season's end.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:27 AM   #14
Coola Yagami
Emperor

The concept was cool but I wish the nerds were more normal, as in not discovering new black hole theories and other nonsense. Most geeks/nerds have normal jobs but still have nerdy hobbies.

Like, I'm on a ninja turtles forum but I'm no expert on quantum physics nor am I some college professor

Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:38 AM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The concept was cool but I wish the nerds were more normal, as in not discovering new black hole theories and other nonsense. Most geeks/nerds have normal jobs but still have nerdy hobbies.

Like, I'm on a ninja turtles forum but I'm no expert on quantum physics nor am I some college professor
Am I the only one?
Old 10-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #16
ABrown
Mad Scientist

While this final season hasn't really been any more entertaining than the last few seasons, I'm glad that writers have the entire season knowing that this will be the last one. It was kind of sad in The Imitation Perturbation to hear Leonard and Penny talking about the Halloween episode from the first season. Man, that was so long ago.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #17
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I used to love the show from the time it came out (was once one of my top 10 shows), but I lost interest in it nearly a year ago and don’t really like it nowadays for some reason. It’s still occasionally funny to me but not enough to be a fan. Not really bothered about it ending tbh.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:50 PM   #18
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

I loved this show. I'd say that Seasons 1-3 were my favorites. When Amy and Bernadette came on, it added something new, which I liked. Seasons 4-7 were pretty solid, in terms of character development and comedy. But then I sort of checked out. While there have been some good episodes, seasons 8-10 were tame, contrived, and not always about the humor and more on the romance. I haven't even watched season 11, but I doubt it will be strong.

Sheldon can be a pain, but there are certain things that make me relate to him. He may have autism, and one can argue that it's not represented well. But I still have some challenges like he does, especially with self-control. Leonard and Penny getting married was nice, and Howard has changed for the better, now that he has a family. But they have no idea what to do with Raj. He's not even that funny anymore. I don't even know how they're going to end his story.

So, being geeky myself, I don't see this as "nerdface" (I hate that term, by the way). People think this was made to laugh at nerds. If anything, it makes me laugh at myself.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:06 AM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord

There will be appearances from the cast of Young Sheldon in one of the season's episodes

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-big...n-cast-appear/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #20
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post

Sheldon can be a pain, but there are certain things that make me relate to him. He may have autism, and one can argue that it's not represented well.
Back in 2014, Parsons said that the character doesn't have Autism.

https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/jim-...sphere-159809/