The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #1
mikey22
Stone Warrior

are nintendo amibo worth it for smash

i bought fox mcdave and super mario!

but can you use them for challenges like event mode all star mode? and what not?

When they level up to level 50 do they really dominate games and have like 20% hpattacks?

also how do you save their status? im doing it the unhonorable way and having them fight on their own in 99 stock so they can level up by the time i wake up tomorrow

please let me know.. also are they worth it for hyrule warriors link???? i heard you cant have more than one data save on the figure so that kind of blows

thanks
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:59 AM   #2
mikey22
Stone Warrior

i dont get it

i cant save their fights and i cant use my amibo it doesnt let me as p1 use them help or send me a link for a manual.. sad a 29year old cant figure this out!

i wasted a few hours buliding them up and the progress doesnt save

this is poooop
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:16 AM   #3
Peanut
Second Gear

We have a Smash Bros thread. Don't create a new thread for every question that pops into your mind.

You are asked to save your Amiibo's progress once you back out of the Smash menu. It will tell you to place your Amiibo back on the pad.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:57 AM   #4
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Fox McDave.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Fox McDave.
I laughed.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Can we make this thread useful and just use it as the defacto Amiibo thread? Since there will likely be more Amiibo's for other games if the Smash Amiibo's work out.

So what Amiibo's would you like to see/for what games? What features would you like to see the Amiibo's unlock?

I definitely want Amiibo's of other games, especially Animal Crossing, it'd be neat to be able to get some of our favorite villagers though I hope they don't unlock something too important in the games.

As far as unlockables, I'm divided, right now I feel all the Amiibo unlockables are pretty useless but I don't necessarily dislike it since in the future I won't have every Amiibo and I'd be pretty mad to have to buy physical DLC for it.

I wonder if Nintendo would let third parties release "Amiibo's" or even if they didn't if they'd join in the fun since they wouldn't have to make any portals since the NFC is already built into the controller. I love the MegaMan and Sonic Amiibo's and definitely want Pac-Man but would hope to get other third party characters.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #7
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
i dont get it

i cant save their fights and i cant use my amibo it doesnt let me as p1 use them help or send me a link for a manual.. sad a 29year old cant figure this out!

i wasted a few hours buliding them up and the progress doesnt save

this is poooop
As soon as battle ends, it should instruct you to place your amiibo back on the pad. That's when it saves.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like those Amiibo Figures can actually be used for something. Like opening Subway Gates for example. LOL
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-amiibo-fi...ate-1664174554
Old 12-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm glad to see these toys aiding the broader success of the Wii U, but I personally don't have much motivation to pay $14 for statues that unlock minor features of various games.

Anyone want to speak something especially cool about a particular amiibo? I do like the more detailed characters like Fox, Peach, etc., although it seems the paint job quality can vary widely from figure to figure on the shelf.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #10
Peanut
Second Gear

The Link Amiibo unlocks an entirely new weapon (which is essentially a new moveset/character) in Hyrule Warriors, which is awesome.

So far Amiibo use is fairly limited. I'm buying them because I'm an idiot collector, so I'd be getting them all even if they did nothing. We'll see what Nintendo has cooked up, though. I expect there'll be some pretty cool features with them down the line.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #11
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I have Yoshi, Marth, and Link. Grabbing Little Mac tomorrow because my Gamestop buddies told me he looks great.

I haven't really even used them that much because I almost always play Smash with max friends. Right now, they're in my Christmas tree looking sweet. XD
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #12
Ninjinister
無問題

I think Super Grand Battle X might be the first third-party game to have Amiibo support, right?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:43 AM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I think Super Grand Battle X might be the first third-party game to have Amiibo support, right?
I guess it makes sense that there's a Namco/Bandai connection considering all their connections with the Smash Bros. game. I would expect either Sonic Lost World or Sonic Boom gets an update to make it compatiable with the Sonic amiibo. Ah, now if only Capcom would decide to release a new Mega Man game on the Wii U to accompany the Blue Bomber amiibo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I have Yoshi, Marth, and Link. Grabbing Little Mac tomorrow because my Gamestop buddies told me he looks great.
Apparently, Marth is among those hardest to find and most in demand now. I've long been a Punch Out! enthusiast, so I'm curious as to what other games might make use of Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The Link Amiibo unlocks an entirely new weapon (which is essentially a new moveset/character) in Hyrule Warriors, which is awesome.

So far Amiibo use is fairly limited. I'm buying them because I'm an idiot collector, so I'd be getting them all even if they did nothing. We'll see what Nintendo has cooked up, though. I expect there'll be some pretty cool features with them down the line.
I've not yet got Hyrule Warriors, but I know there's alot of DLC with that game regarding levels, missions, and character skins. I assume the amiibos are the exclusive means to get the extra weapons in that one? It'll be curious to see if anything comes to WindWaker HD or the major Zelda entry later this year.

I am puzzled by the fact that it seems you can only link an amiibo with one game at a time though. It would be frustrating to build up a character on Smash and then have to erase it all just because you want to swipe and unlock a one-time feature in another game.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #14
raph27
Mad Scientist

Really kicking myself for not getting the three Marths I saw at Target once. Now they're going for $60-80 online.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #15
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I am puzzled by the fact that it seems you can only link an amiibo with one game at a time though. It would be frustrating to build up a character on Smash and then have to erase it all just because you want to swipe and unlock a one-time feature in another game.
Nah. Smash is the only game that saves anything to the Amiibo this far. When you scan them in to Mario Kart or Hyrule Warriors it just recognizes the Amiibo and unlocks stuff. It doesn't write back to the Amiibo, so you don't lose anything.

And I think the first announced third party Amiibo functionality was actually that 3DS Ace Combat game.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Nah. Smash is the only game that saves anything to the Amiibo this far. When you scan them in to Mario Kart or Hyrule Warriors it just recognizes the Amiibo and unlocks stuff. It doesn't write back to the Amiibo, so you don't lose anything.

And I think the first announced third party Amiibo functionality was actually that 3DS Ace Combat game.
That's good to know. I'd read a number of video game web-reports that clearly didn't have their facts straight on that matter.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #17
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I forgot about that. But then again, that's first announced, not first out, neh? SGBX came out last month.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Rosalina to be exclusive to Target:
http://www.destructoid.com/looks-lik...e-284964.phtml

I really like her character, and hope Nintendo fleshes her out more... maybe even give her and the lumas their own game.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #19
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Rosalina to be exclusive to Target:
http://www.destructoid.com/looks-lik...e-284964.phtml

I really like her character, and hope Nintendo fleshes her out more... maybe even give her and the lumas their own game.
Really not looking forward to that wave, with them being exclusive to different stores and such.

Hopefully that means they'll have an abundance of them, but I doubt it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I'm so mad at myself for not getting "the unpopular 3" at launch. My TRU had them all and now they're nowhere to be found. Oh, and I saw Zelda and Little Mac at my F.Y.E 2 days ago, but I left them there because I didn't know about the whole amiibo craze until recently. I'm going back today, I'm praying that Little Mac will still be there.

Also, I was at another TRU last night. They had plenty of every Wave 1 character except the unpopular 3, and Zelda too. One thing that annoyed me was that some lady was asking one of the workers how the amiibo work, and the guy literally said "they do absolutely nothing, they're a complete waste of money". I wanted to say something, but I just ignored it.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amiibo, peanut