The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #101
snake
Disgusting

I'm fairly excited. I love Rise, and have little issues with the series overall. The only problem I could see this movie running into is overexposure. Rise works on an 11 minute format where jokes are rapid-fire and nothing ever feels like it goes on for too long. An hour or so of that could be overkill.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #102
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm fairly excited. I love Rise, and have little issues with the series overall. The only problem I could see this movie running into is overexposure. Rise works on an 11 minute format where jokes are rapid-fire and nothing ever feels like it goes on for too long. An hour or so of that could be overkill.
Does it though? I feel like the episodes that are 22 minutes are the best episodes of the series and usually the 11 minute format feels rushed.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #103
Cowa
Random Punk

Location: I'm pretty sure I'm living somewhere inside my mind
I believe that the 22 minutes episodes work better because they are not fillers like most of the 11 minutes episodes. Anyaway, I still have hopes they won't do a movie 100% based on Rise.

But maybe it just wishfull thinking.

All I know for sure is that I would prefer a movie that goes like this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=fAg3PD30wic
Old 03-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #104
snake
Disgusting

I've been saying this since I've joined the forum. There is no such thing as filler in a TMNT cartoon. Filler- by definition- is an anime term used for episodes that don't adapt material from the original source. It's not a synonym for "episode I don't like". You can make a case for episodes that don't drive the plot forward in 2k3 or Nick, but Rise is a comedy series without an overarching story in the scale of the previous shows. These one-off episodes are the entire point of the show, and usually they're referenced in a later episode as a fun call-back- so it's not like the show exists entirely in a vacuum.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #105
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This, the notion of something being filler simply because it doesn't continue the plot is stupid, many awful episodes continue the plot. It's the single episodes where you see the characters grow or go on cool adventures that in many shows are far more memorable than story arc episodes.

When western cartoons barely had any story arcs or episodes that drove the plot forward of course it was awesome to see them and it was great that over the past few decades story arcs became more and more important in shows but now fans and producers alike think that every episode most do this and if not then it's expendable which is horrible and has lead to either weak single episodes or fans complaining it didn't move the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I've been saying this since I've joined the forum. There is no such thing as filler in a TMNT cartoon. Filler- by definition- is an anime term used for episodes that don't adapt material from the original source. It's not a synonym for "episode I don't like". You can make a case for episodes that don't drive the plot forward in 2k3 or Nick, but Rise is a comedy series without an overarching story in the scale of the previous shows. These one-off episodes are the entire point of the show, and usually they're referenced in a later episode as a fun call-back- so it's not like the show exists entirely in a vacuum.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:18 PM   #106
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

So is this movie still happening? I haven't heard anything about it since it was announced.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #107
Powder
So tired of this place

In August, the series creators gave an interview which said this would take place & bridge the gap between seasons 1 & 2. That's about all the 'new' info there's been.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #108
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
In August, the series creators gave an interview which said this would take place & bridge the gap between seasons 1 & 2. That's about all the 'new' info there's been.
That's weird. Season 2 starts airing this week though so hopefully it comes out soon.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #109
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah & they've already shown a few from S2 in advance. My guess is that the movie goes into villain origins.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #110
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah & they've already shown a few from S2 in advance. My guess is that the movie goes into villain origins.
According to the TMNTpedia, episode 201 occurs directly after the events of Endgame so maybe they misspoke about the placement.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #111
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Had wondered about that too after not seeing any sign of it in the list of new Netflix stuff for this month.

Possible it could be headed to a hiatus very soon and release sometime during that break over the winter?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #112
originalfire
Mouser

Does anybody know if the vintage stuff will be re-released starting this year. I have read some comments on Youtube that the Rise of the TMNT toyline is ending and I can't find anything official about it. Also, some of the comments state that Playmates will be releasing the vintage stuff again instead of the Rise of the TMNT stuff. I just need some kind of clarification
Thanks
originalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #113
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not everyone pays attention to the 'Rise' series, so you may get better answers if you redirect your question to the toy/merchandise section. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

But I don't think anything more is known yet other than one person supposedly having been told by the company what you already mentioned.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:53 AM   #114
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm still wondering about this, could it really be axed? Will it air this summer? I feel if it doesn't air in the summer it likely means its dead. Was it perhaps changed halfway through development? Will it come out a year after the show has officially aired its last episode to no fanfare (that happened to Teen Titans).

Without a SDCC it feels like we won't get to ask about this movie for a long time to an official source unless it actually comes out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:57 AM   #115
Leo656
The Franchise

And also, was The Shadow really LaMont Cranston, wealthy young man-about-town? Or was it merely a clever ruse which allowed Kent Allard to vanish into the ether, leaving his enemies bewildered?

Guess we'll never know.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:01 AM   #116
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Netflix movie is still happening and Rise is ending after 2 seasons.

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2020/04/28...figure-review/

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #117
AquaParade
Banned

I was hoping they'd take their deal in a different direction. Perhaps development was too far along.

Netflix, fill that Daredevil-sized gap in your library with something a little greener.

Edit: is this a reliable source? More rumours of a live-action series. This could really be happening.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:11 AM   #118
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

Yeah I'm kinda skeptical of the source, not to say it isn't possible that Rise is ending but I need a better origin
Old 04-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #119
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Let's just hope that the crew got the news early enough to make sure that the movie/season 2 finale is a proper ending. We'd hate if it's an unresolved cliffhanger.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #120
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

yes Rise is Cancelled though id like an official conformation from Nickeloden not word of mouth from some toy blog.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-29-2020 at 07:00 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote