The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #161
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #162
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Mo windshields, mo problems? Did they really just do that?

lol... actually kind of funny.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #163
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
i really hope they release these on DVD

First Short Thoughts:
Mikey as the sensei was great.

I'd really like this turn into a batman beyond type series and gain a continuity.

I felt like Nick is testing out different avenues... so comment like crazy guys.
We might get it.. if marketing works.

Also this new series mechs would be awesome for figures and other merch.
As much as I like the animation, it had practically nothing to do with TMNT and is as far away from TMNT as you can get so no, I would not want to see this as a series at all.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #164
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

What did I just watch? That second short felt incomplete, I think it should've been longer and Atleast have some kind of story (turtles go to find shredder, beat him. As simple as that). I could've sworn I saw more clips of this same short in the trailer which didn't appear here.

On the positive side though, I like the animation style, I did find myself laughing and some of the voice acting sounded pretty close to the original cartoon. Infact,was that Cam Clarke/Pat Fraley reprising Rocksteady/Casey?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:41 PM   #165
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Maybe when the writing was on the wall that the existing Nick show was ending, different groups were selected to "pitch a new TMNT show." Maybe they all created different little shorts to go with their pitches.

We wouldn't see the "winner" because they're already making that one into Rise of the TMNT.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #166
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Maybe when the writing was on the wall that the existing Nick show was ending, different groups were selected to "pitch a new TMNT show." Maybe they all created different little shorts to go with their pitches.

We wouldn't see the "winner" because they're already making that one into Rise of the TMNT.
that does seem like the most logical option.

Sadly, it shows they don't have one person in charge with vision. they just take whatever crazy pitch comes there way, and if they think it'll sell toys, go with it and hope it lasts a 100 shows.

RIP TMNT if that's the case. was fun while you lasted.

I await TMNT the Musical to go with Sponge bob on broadway ;o)
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #167
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I swear I watched a random episode of MAD when watching that.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #168
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hah... And everyone thought PD was a risk to the quality of the franchise... I think it's had its crown stolen just now.

This is, again, something I'd accept easier as just nonsense fan creations for the sake of being nonsense. It FEELS like just bats*** crazy stuff some YouTube cartoon humor channel would have come up with. It has a vibe more of being like a Robot Chicken-esq skit, if Robot Chicken was cartoon based. It's somewhat funny as one-off stuff that's just supposed to be way off in left field...but don't anyone dare legitimately turn TMNT into anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
As much as I like the animation, it had practically nothing to do with TMNT and is as far away from TMNT as you can get so no, I would not want to see this as a series at all.
Likewise. If there is a "series" of it, I'd rather it stuck to being just a few shorts online. It was really well done and the end was cool, but I would not be interested in a so-called TMNT series that largely lacked TMNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I swear I watched a random episode of MAD when watching that.
Glad I'm not the only one! Would fit into that sort of show well.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #169
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Sadly, it shows they don't have one person in charge with vision. they just take whatever crazy pitch comes there way, and if they think it'll sell toys, go with it and hope it lasts a 100 shows.)
That's generally how new cartoons get made. They have lots of different pitches and they go with whatever one they think is the best. Same thing happened when Ciro pitched his idea for the current Nick cartoon and whatever other alternate ideas they had going before 2012.

I have no idea why you're acting like this is unusual. There are tons of different directors, writers, etc. out there who pitch their own take on the franchise.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #170
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Very MADtv-ish. I actually felt kinda bad for Baxter. Leo's voice reminded me a lot of Cam Clarke.

Hmm, I guess there will be another short in this same style since we didn't see everything from the preview images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post

I tried to compile all the scenes in their respective “short”:

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #171
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Appears to range somewhere between "god-awful/craptastic" and "mediocre." But none of them even seem like they're striving for anything resembling greatness, or even "good." Might be intended to kind of prepare people for whatever wacky, "cray-cray" sort of tone that's coming in the new cartoon.

Not that these are really intended for anyone on this board watching them. Maybe the pot-smokers and mushroom eaters among our ranks.
I thought at very least you would like the Mecha Turtles one since it is based loosely off of Road Hogs.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #172
victory_angel
Foot Elite

As a franchise TMNT can fill a number of molds depending on the story conveyed and the company involved with the series. In previous incarnations, the TMNT franchise has conveyed dark and gritty action, lighthearted slapstick, heartfelt stories centered on what it means to be a family, dramatic discussions of where one truly belongs…etc. The Turtles have been numerous places from pasts that will affect their beginning, to futures that leave them shaken and dismayed, even present day situations that force them to question who they are in the face of the world.

That is not to say it fills every mold perfectly, there are certainly some incarnations that have suffered not just in their presentation, but their overall execution. Don't think of these shorts or any other incarnation past, present, or future as insults to how you think of this series. They are just harmless fun, but they are also experimentations of other formats for the TMNT to be presented.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #173
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The short was annoying but that's what they were going for. Not all shorts are going to be cool, that's what you get when you try wildly different things, some are great some are terrible. Baxter getting crushed by the windshields and the wipers was pretty gruesome.

I think this short are the lenses that Andrew has on when he watches the OT
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #174
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think this short are the lenses that Andrew has on when he watches the OT
It's pretty interesting how different the 80's cartoon humor really is compared to the way stuff like this short or other parodies portray it was. The original toon had tongue in cheek and drypan humor, as well as subtle satire. It was never loud or in your face.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #175
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Yeeesh.
That was....something.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it's still really bad. Their attempts at humor just come off as infantile and the art style isn't right for anything TMNT related.
But it does fit with the stuff Nick puts out these days.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:29 PM   #176
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'd much rather have an entire series based off that first short.

Why is the world made up of mutants now? Why are there only four humans? What happened to that one kid's leg? Where are the other turtles? Why is Michelangelo teaching them (and doing the "how do you do, fellow kids?" thing right)? Who would the "chief enemy" be? Since there's mutations, obviously the Utroms are involved, and that can only mean a PR Nightmare in their league of the story. Are April and Casey still around? If so, are they still human or have they mutated? Who made the Mechas?

There's a lot to go on here.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:36 PM   #177
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think its plausible that the first short is a alternate future of the Nick toon since Mikey has the same features as his Nick counterpart and is also voiced by Greg Cipes.

I imagine "Turtles take time and space" is also set in the Nick universe.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:17 AM   #178
ToTheNines
[sic]

This was funnier than an actual episode of Breadwinners at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's pretty interesting how different the 80's cartoon humor really is compared to the way stuff like this short or other parodies portray it was. The original toon had tongue in cheek and drypan humor, as well as subtle satire. It was never loud or in your face.
You mean deadpan. There's no such thing as "drypan".

But you're right. It's like everyone remembers the FW show, but hasn't watched it in 25 years and just doesn't get it.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 06-12-2017 at 05:38 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #179
neatoman
Emperor

Why is it called Team-Up? Team-up with who exactly? Anyway, it was more or less what I expected apart from how fragmented it was. Not good but not exactly the one I had the lowest expectations for. What bothers me more is that we'll most likely see another one in the same style, the toilet clip wasn't in this one...

Also:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #180
Chris
Mad Scientist

What was that?! Sorry to those who like it but the art style & humour just did nothing for me with that one. I know there's at least 1 more in that style coming but I pray ipthat afterwards we never have to see more shorts in this style again.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lay off the crack smoking