The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #141
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
When Ciro posted that spoiler picture from this past episode he said something along the lines of this being the final horror tribute episode. I know the next episode has to do with Donnie becoming merged with a car, but that doesn't necessarily mean its a reference to Christine like everyone thinks it is. Christine is about a guy that falls in love with his car and then it becomes jealous and starts killing everyone.

If anything, I'd hope it to be a reference to Maximum Overdrive, which is a significantly more ridiculous movie.
Or a reference to Turbo Teen.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #142
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, don't you think it's kind of odd, that the TMNT movie was produced and released by Platinum Dunes, Michael Bay and Johnathan Liebesman, which are known for their love of horror movies and that they just happen to have made movies that the 2012 TMNT are ripping off of. Nightmare on Elmstreet, Friday the 13th and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. How do we know if they don't have more influence with whats going on with the show then we are led to believe?
Because the show also made and homaged(not ripped off, there's a difference) Xenomorphs, Yautja, Big Trouble In Little China and The Thing episodes and Platinum Dunes has nothing to do with those properties.

Also Muckman is coming up, which is a clear reference/homage to Toxic Avenger, another thing Platinum Dunes has no hand in.

So no, I think the writers are just huge fans of horror movies and, given the new setting of a farmhouse in the middle of the woods, are just having fun with it.

And so am I, since I love horror movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #143
THGhost
Puppet Master

Oh Andre, the chainsaw in "In Dreams" was clearly a reference to The Texas Chainsaw Franchise. It even said "The Saw Is Family" on the actual chainsaw, a clear reference to the 2nd and 3rd movies. I guess Andre doesn't know a lot about that franchise.

Also, with the meteor thing, I instantly thought of Chronicle. 

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #144
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Because the show also made and homaged(not ripped off, there's a difference) Xenomorphs, Yautja, Big Trouble In Little China and The Thing episodes and Platinum Dunes has nothing to do with those properties.

Also Muckman is coming up, which is a clear reference/homage to Toxic Avenger, another thing Platinum Dunes has no hand in.

So no, I think the writers are just huge fans of horror movies and, given the new setting of a farmhouse in the middle of the woods, are just having fun with it.

And so am I, since I love horror movies.
Not that we know of yet. Either way, I think about these latest episodes about as much as I think of the 2014 movie. Which means they all suck!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #145
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Not that we know of yet. Either way, I think about these latest episodes about as much as I think of the 2014 movie. Which means they all suck!
Don't compare these to the pd movie. That thing was way worse.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #146
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Don't compare these to the pd movie. That thing was way worse.
Well, I am finding both the episodes of season 3 and the platinum dune movie horrible. I measure the quality of something in an easy to digest way. A- it's good, so I am going to buy it, or B-it's terrible so I won't buy it. Right now, the chance of me buying season 3 on digital or dvd is about as much of a chance of me buying the platinum dune movie. Which is highly unlikely. Maybe things will pick up for volume 6 set, since right now volume 5 looks like a total miss.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #147
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Well, I am finding both the episodes of season 3 and the platinum dune movie horrible. I measure the quality of something in an easy to digest way. A- it's good, so I am going to buy it, or B-it's terrible so I won't buy it. Right now, the chance of me buying season 3 on digital or dvd is about as much of a chance of me buying the platinum dune movie. Which is highly unlikely. Maybe things will pick up for volume 6 set, since right now volume 5 looks like a total miss.
I thought the Dream Beavers episode was pretty good, and the spirit quest should be awesome, but they went for a horror tone, when Northampton is really all about character development and resting, maybe with a tiny bit of danger thrown in.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #148
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I thought the Dream Beavers episode was pretty good, and the spirit quest should be awesome, but they went for a horror tone, when Northampton is really all about character development and resting, maybe with a tiny bit of danger thrown in.
Maybe they're saving the character development after the city at war arc is done and they will go back to do some of that good ole reflecting and introspection but at this point I can't imagine why they would ever want to go back when they had so many nightmare fueled memories there.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 11-16-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #149
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Black Nerd is sick of Villain of The weak and wants them to go back to NY
Old 11-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #150
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Well well well, looks like it's not just us that's been complaining anymore.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #151
Vicky82
Emperor

Rapril!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Max who does IGN review, want's them back in New York too.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #152
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
But, the difference is that he points out the positive with the negative. Some folks focus on the negative alone.

That aside, what he said is the same thing I said regarding NY for part. My main gripe is that they haven't even really talked about what's happened or acknowledged it much and it just hit me that they watch the news (unless they can only pick up local stations) and get no footage or information about the invasion, unless things have calmed down since Leo's beat down or something's gone wrong which is why the Kraang haven't moved on to other places or the EPF is trying to cover it up and maybe have everyone contained.

Them not being in NY isn't personally bothering me...them not acknowledging it, is. Seriously, every time those guys mention NY, seems they should be reacting, acting like they want to avoid it, or even with facial expressions...but I still feel the next ep will deal with that, Vision Quest and all and them facing Fishface, Tigerclaw, and Rahzaa and I'll assume Shredder will be the one Leo faces for his quest...since they didn't show him, but now I have another theory! What if it's Splinter!
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #153
Warhorse
Emperor

What was the positives that he pointed out? He was just saying what was going on, but he didn't really say that he liked it.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #154
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
What was the positives that he pointed out? He was just saying what was going on, but he didn't really say that he liked it.
He said he liked the episode okay, but he didn't mention much about this one, thinking about it.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #155
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Rapril!!!!

Max who does IGN review, want's them back in New York too.
Well, It could've been worst. Aprinardo or Apriangelo
Old 11-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #156
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I love how the Black Nerd says he doesn't want to see the show turn into Smallville in this latest video. If I get the chance to meet him on the west coast, I'll be like "I hate to break it to ya, dude, but that's kinda been the vibe of the series from Day 1!!!"

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #157
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Shh all these complainers, you'll get your city back. For now, have fun in the woods. I hope they stay there for like half or maybe all the season.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #158
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought I post this here since it seems appropriate, Black Nerd just posted a new video on Black Friday, He bought a ton of TMNT figures, Most of them were of the Nick Turtles, the Original Turtles with the Red Bandanas, The 2014 Movie Turtles, and someone gave him 3 of the 2007 Turtles.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #159
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I thought I post this here since it seems appropriate, Black Nerd just posted a new video on Black Friday, He bought a ton of TMNT figures, Most of them were of the Nick Turtles, the Original Turtles with the Red Bandanas, The 2014 Movie Turtles, and someone gave him 3 of the 2007 Turtles.

If he's got the Revoltech figures in that box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #160
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Black Nerd opens that Mystery Box that was sent to him by Nickelodeon