The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #3921
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's the trailer from the 5 minute short you mentioned before? Are those the actual actors of Dino Charge? Is this official?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #3922
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That's the trailer from the 5 minute short you mentioned before? Are those the actual actors of Dino Charge? Is this official?
I think it's a professional fanfilm, I doubt Saban would have went cheap on the rather bad monster costumes if this were official.

The actors are definitely from the show though, Gia (from Megaforce) and Tyler (from Dino Charge)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #3923
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's cool, since RangerBoard bans any discussion on fanfilms, what Power Ranger Fan Films exist? The length doesn't matter, but I haven't watched any of them and I'd like to check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The actors are definitely from the show though, Gia (from Megaforce) and Tyler (from Dino Charge)
Wow, goes to show how much Megaforce was a huge waste, I watched both seasons and can't remember Gia, I think this is the second time someone tells me this returning actor is from Megaforce I've never seen Dino Charge but even from the trailer of the show (since I've yet to watch Dinocharge) I assumed he was likely the actor.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #3924
The Deadman
Foot Elite

That doesnt even look like the Wizard lol, and were those supposed to be Rent-A-Putties?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #3925
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
That's cool, since RangerBoard bans any discussion on fanfilms, what Power Ranger Fan Films exist? The length doesn't matter, but I haven't watched any of them and I'd like to check them out.
Rangerboard actually doesn't ban discussions on every fanfilm, they only banned discussion on one dubious project in particular.

As for what fanfilms to recommend, here's a list as well as links

-Zordon of Eltar
-Teenagers With Attitude
-Power Rangers Grid Defence
-Rise of the Green Ranger

Quote:
Wow, goes to show how much Megaforce was a huge waste, I watched both seasons and can't remember Gia, I think this is the second time someone tells me this returning actor is from Megaforce I've never seen Dino Charge but even from the trailer of the show (since I've yet to watch Dinocharge) I assumed he was likely the actor.
Gia seems to be the most active Megaforce Ranger, she's appearing in the official anniversary episode as well as the Street Fighter crossover
Old 08-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #3926
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Random thought after looking through the Boom! run. Did Saban and co. ever give an official explanation to what happened to Squatt and Baboo? Did their respective costumes fall apart?
Old 08-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #3927
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Did their respective costumes fall apart?
I think so, yeah. Rito's costume fell apart too, which is why he is'nt present in the Space finale either.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #3928
Allio
Foot Elite

Did Saban ever have the Squatt and Baboo suits? For the life of me I can't even them being beyond season 1.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #3929
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Did Saban ever have the Squatt and Baboo suits? For the life of me I can't even them being beyond season 1.
I remember them peering through a peephole in Lord Zedd's chamber constantly during the time between his arrival and Rita's return so I believe so.

It would seem like Haim and co would have said "Squatt and Baboo despite being unseen were turned to dust like Goldar and all other henchmen of the series".

Loose end like Scorpina,huh? At least Rito got the behind-the-scenes explanation.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #3930
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
They were definitely in it all the way to Zeo.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #3931
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

Wow, goes to show how much Megaforce was a huge waste, I watched both seasons and can't remember Gia,
You may not remember her, but there are others who do. Anyway, I am aware that Megaforce isn't among the most liked seasons. At least not among Rangerboard members.
Quote:
Baboo's head was even used for an alien in S.P.D.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #3932
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I remember them peering through a peephole in Lord Zedd's chamber constantly during the time between his arrival and Rita's return so I believe so.

It would seem like Haim and co would have said "Squatt and Baboo despite being unseen were turned to dust like Goldar and all other henchmen of the series".

Loose end like Scorpina,huh? At least Rito got the behind-the-scenes explanation.
Ah, so that explains why Zedd rarely used them. Their appearances gradually increased as the season went on. Finster too. Their appearances increased after Rita returned. Go figure, haha.

Speaking of Finster, his American costume kept going from having the blue visor to not having it.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #3933
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Ah, so that explains why Zedd rarely used them. Their appearances gradually increased as the season went on. Finster too. Their appearances increased after Rita returned. Go figure, haha.

Speaking of Finster, his American costume kept going from having the blue visor to not having it.
Its like the inconsistency of Goldar's wings being present. I remember Zedd stating Rita took them from him as punishment then Zedd restored them yet were still missing sometimes despite the in-story explaination.

Zedd did not have use for any of them aside from Goldar. Finster was especiallly irrelevant. I remember thinking Baboo could hold his own in a fight but neither Japan or U.S. production had him participate in a battle.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #3934
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Its like the inconsistency of Goldar's wings being present. I remember Zedd stating Rita took them from him as punishment then Zedd restored them yet were still missing sometimes despite the in-story explaination
Goldar's wings vanished at the start of Zeo (Rito even points it out), then Zedd restored the wings again mid-way through the season (as well as Goldar's memories)
Old 08-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #3935
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Here's a twist, the general manager for the Power Rangers brand at Hasbro is Simon Walters, who served as Vice President of franchise and strategic marketing wing of Disney

https://twitter.com/MisturYellow/sta...16406312075265

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/si...ction-overview
Old 08-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #3936
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Its like the inconsistency of Goldar's wings being present. I remember Zedd stating Rita took them from him as punishment then Zedd restored them yet were still missing sometimes despite the in-story explaination.
It was never stated that Rita was the one who took his wings.

Speaking of Goldar's wings, in "A Zeo Beginning part II", in the scene where Baboo, Squatt, and Finster are on Serpentera lamenting having to stay with Master Vile, a Tenga can be seen in the background carrying Goldar's wings.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #3937
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Episode titles and details on episodes 9-11 of Super Ninja Steel, including the title of the anniversary episode. ("Dimensions In Danger")

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/power...sodes-and-news
Old 08-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #3938
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Episode titles and details on episodes 9-11 of Super Ninja Steel, including the title of the anniversary episode. ("Dimensions In Danger")

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/power...sodes-and-news
Does that imply that all power ranger seasons are now different dimensions like in Sentai ?

Isn't that what dinocharge did and so did clash of the red rangers ? Not to mention Shattered Grid from what I've read. Not a fan of this retcon
Old 08-07-2018, 05:59 PM   #3939
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Does that imply that all power ranger seasons are now different dimensions like in Sentai ?
I...strongly doubt that.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:36 PM   #3940
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Squatt was definitely in Space.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers