The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #141
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

I thought it was weird well, I was going to put it inspoiler brackets but someone else SPOILED it for others.
Spoiler:
Weird that Jack is the Face of Boe - I don't see how this giant head could have been Jack's, where's the rest of him?

(since the previous spoiler was suddenly wrapped, now mine is)

The final scene was heartwrenching,
Spoiler:
To see the Doctor, holding a dying Master in his arms, shot by a bullet and refusing to regenerate was really sad...but ....that ring was taken. Now...what's so special about that ring? Could he really still be kicking?

The BBC was not thrilled with Freema, that's why there's no more Martha and neither was I. I didn't really care much about her. There won't be anyone else like Rose...I loved when the Doctor would proclaim her as "My Rose"...he so loved her and vice versa, I wished Billie would come back for a little while.
Rose seemed and felt more freebird than uptight Martha, she wasn't his equal; she wasn't as clever and quick. Nah, she's not Rose. I know.
What really bugged me about Martha, it was like the 2nd ep she was in love with him...I'm like ?!?!!? She has NO HISTORY with him!! Rose lived through a regeneration and saved his butt, there was some love there. She really cared for him; he did as well. His pain being ripped apart from her was there when she got sucked to the other 'verse...

I hope the next companion is better.

Last edited by Buslady; 07-01-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #142
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
I thought it was weird well, I was going to put it inspoiler brackets but someone else SPOILED it for others.
Um, the only details given about the deal with Jack were under spoiler tags, so it's your own fault if you looked. Not a reason to not use spoiler tags.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:12 AM   #143
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

That was a brilliant season finale. Really. Better than last season's even. and the thing about Jack was just awesome. I mean, never saw it coming, makes sense... more or less and it's just fun. It's a shame to see Martha leave, I liked her being able to kick butt and I liked her strong personality, which was very different from the one Rose had. Not that I didn't like Rose, on the contrary, but it was cool to see someone who didn't either cry or pout all the time.

All in all, it was a brilliant season and I hope they keep on going like this.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #144
Buslady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Um, the only details given about the deal with Jack were under spoiler tags, so it's your own fault if you looked. Not a reason to not use spoiler tags.

No Someone had them out in the open. I dont care, I saw it...... it's not biggie to me. It was in the open when I read it, now it's wrapped.

anyways.

I'm glad to see Martha go, I didn't like her in the first place. She doesnt fit. There's no chemistry between Martha and the Doctor.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #145
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The BBC was not thrilled with Freema, that's why there's no more Martha and neither was I
You honestly swallow anything the bats*it SUN tell you? How foolish

Martha is'nt gone. She's going to be a recurring character appearing in both Doctor Who and Torchwood. There WILL be a new companion that she has to compete with, and ultimately, it forces her to change her approach to The Doctor.

Quote:
There won't be anyone else like Rose..
Oooooh boy, here we go, ROSE FANGIRL ALERT!

Really, the character served a major role in her first season, but became a background character in season two, doing nothing until "Army of Ghosts" except making all the little fangirls swoon just by clutching The Doctor's arm. Mickey had better development than her with his "idiot to icon" progression.

Martha is a certified doctor, she IS smarter than Rose, and as this finale proved, she pulled herself together and became a legend and inspriation to the populance, saying nothing but a story, she saved The Doctor's life with prayer and inspiring hope, how the hell can you compare that to Rose? She sneezed a few Daleks away and forced a regeneration out of her reckless pursuit of love, Martha saved the universe with one word. and it did'nt cost The Doctor another life.

Honestly, when people thrash Martha, there not thinking rationally, just like any typical fangirl, they just want to swoon again at some useless mary sue clutching to The Doctor's shoulder.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-01-2007 at 11:12 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #146
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I see why people can not love Rose though. I mean, she's smart, she's independent and she's basically a really cool character. The smart-part could be the one that might frighten some people. So Buslady might be thinking very rationally, actually, reacting with antipathy towards someone who'd be superior.

Rose was a slacker, basically a loser in society's eye, and so there was always the pity-element to liking her. Kind of like "Wow, she's such a loser and The Doctor still takes her along for the ride." It's the same model they use for many, many cartoon main characters to make them appear sympathetic. They make them complete losers. And Martha just wasn't a loser, she kicks ass when asskicking's needed.

Having that said, I have to say that I like both, Martha and Rose, for what they contributed to the series.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #147
Roseangelo
Emperor

You'd really think I'd be used to this by now, but I clicked into this thread, read, "Rose was a slacker," and took personal offense. THEN realized, oooh THAT Rose.

Anywho, I like both Rose and Martha just fine. Series 1 with Nine and Rose was my first first exposure to Doctor Who. It took me a few episodes to get used to Ten, but I've come to love him. It took me a few episodes to get used to Martha, but I really did like her. And I'm sure we'll be seeing her at least once more. I really was hoping we'd have the same team for two seasons in a row so that I wouldn't have to spend a few episodes getting used to someone. Alas.

And hopefully Jack will be happy in the next season of Torchwood so the show can pay more attention to him instead of him going off and being broody all the time.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #148
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And here's confirmation of Martha's return and apperances in Torchwood, plus the annoucment of a new companion (possibly Sally Sparrow from "Blink")

While the final episode of Series Three, screened last Saturday , saw The Doctor's companion Martha leave to care for her devastated family, and to break the cycle of unrequited love she feels for The Doctor, the production team has now confirmed that the character is set to make a triumphant return in the fourth series.

Freema Agyeman is also set to join the cast of Torchwood, where she will continue to play the character in three new episodes before returning to Doctor Who in the middle of the fourth series.

As Doctor Who's Executive Producer and head writer, Russell T Davies notes: "Series three has gained outstanding reviews and Freema has been a huge part of that success, gaining rave notices for her portrayal of Martha. Now we are taking the character of Martha into brand new territory with a starring role in Torchwood".

"I can't wait to start filming on Torchwood and the new series of Doctor Who," said Freema. "It's a huge new challenge for me and I'm delighted Russell has decided to expand the character of Martha Jones.'"

The new announcement leaves a vacant space in the TARDIS. A new companion for The Doctor, who will join the new series for the entire 13 week run, will be announced shortly.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #149
Roseangelo
Emperor

Kylie Minogue is confirmed for Voyage of the Damned:

Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - Australian pop diva Kylie Minogue will join the cast of British science-fiction TV drama Doctor Who for a special Christmas episode, the BBC said on Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Britain's public-funded broadcaster said Minogue, 39, would play a "major lead role" alongside Dr Who actor David Tennant.

The hour-long episode, "Voyage of the Damned," will start filming in Cardiff, Wales, in July.

"It is an incredible thrill to be joining David and the entire Dr Who production for this year's Christmas special," said Minogue.

"Dr Who enjoys a unique history and it is going to be very exciting to be a part of that."

Former television soap opera star Minogue returned to the stage last November with a sell out concert in Sydney after recovering from breast cancer.
Linky

(Am I the only one who finds it horrible to shorten Doctor Who to Dr. Who?)

Last edited by Roseangelo; 07-03-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #150
Buslady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You honestly swallow anything the bats*it SUN tell you? How foolish

Martha is'nt gone. She's going to be a recurring character appearing in both Doctor Who and Torchwood. There WILL be a new companion that she has to compete with, and ultimately, it forces her to change her approach to The Doctor.

Oooooh boy, here we go, ROSE FANGIRL ALERT!

Really, the character served a major role in her first season, but became a background character in season two, doing nothing until "Army of Ghosts" except making all the little fangirls swoon just by clutching The Doctor's arm. Mickey had better development than her with his "idiot to icon" progression.

Martha is a certified doctor, she IS smarter than Rose, and as this finale proved, she pulled herself together and became a legend and inspriation to the populance, saying nothing but a story, she saved The Doctor's life with prayer and inspiring hope, how the hell can you compare that to Rose? She sneezed a few Daleks away and forced a regeneration out of her reckless pursuit of love, Martha saved the universe with one word. and it did'nt cost The Doctor another life.

Honestly, when people thrash Martha, there not thinking rationally, just like any typical fangirl, they just want to swoon again at some useless mary sue clutching to The Doctor's shoulder.
I'm not a freakin "rose fangirl"...I jsut think she was better. Billie's a better actress, thats all. I felt she had a more believable relationship with him.
Martha in love with him by her 2nd episode! gimme a break! Couldn't stand her. Wreckless pursuit of love?!? WTF is Martha doing? She keeps hoping and pining over the Doctor! She's rediculous!

And yes I'm well aware of Martha's occasional appearances. I'm not completely out of it. Duh...I've been at the fandom of DrWHO for 22 years, I do know whats going on.

Will this Kylie be a one shot like in the last holiday show or staying on?

Last edited by Buslady; 07-03-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #151
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Will this Kylie be a one shot like in the last holiday show or staying on?
Shouldn't you know since you say you know what's going on?

The new companion hasn't been announced yet.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #152
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

There we go, the new companion. And guess who it is!
Spoiler:
Catherine "Lauren Cooper" Tate!
Whoohooo!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #153
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
There we go, the new companion. And guess who it is!
Wasn't expecting that, but I think it should work out just fine!! Actually, I think it's a really good move to not introduce another brand new character.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:13 AM   #154
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Here's the US schedule for season three. A double bill which introduces future new companion Donna (Tate), and regular third season companion Martha Jones will launch the season

July 6 - The Runaway Bride (8:00pm), Smith and Jones (9:30pm)
July 13 - The Shakespeare Code (9:00pm)
July 20 - Gridlock (9:00pm)
July 27 - Daleks in Manhattan (9:00pm)
August 3 - Evolution of the Daleks (9:00pm)
August 10 - The Lazarus Experiment (9:00pm)
August 17 - 42 (9:00pm)
August 24 - Human Nature (9:00pm)
September 7 - The Family of Blood (9:00pm)
September 14 - Blink (9:00pm)
September 21 - Utopia (9:00pm)
September 28 - The Sound of Drums (8:00pm), Last of the Time Lords (9:30pm)
Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #155
Buslady

seen em all, best one Human Nature & Fam. of Blood. Best ever.
Just cos Human Nature's always been one of the best freakin books ever.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #156
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

And so it starts.. Read some possable spoilers about the upcoming season of Doctor Who and phew is it a doosy! If they're true then this season brings back
Spoiler:
Rose!! I already read that Mickey was returning but it looks like Rose does too! Also we'll see the Time War and some of the previous doctors. Donna Noble (the Runnaway Bride) will be returning to be the doctor's companion but will eventually be joined by Rose, Mickey, and even Martha! Boy it's gonna seem a tad crowded in the Tardis! รด,0 There's also a rumour of a special ep that has the return of Chris Eccleston and Paul McGann! But from everything Im now looking at. Looks like these could all be true. Also Martha is gonna be on a couple eps of Torchwood. Also the Ood are confirmed as returning.

To read the spoilers go here:
http://www.sylvestermccoy.com/newdoctorwho/

There's also info at Wikipedia.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #157
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Those spoilers are garbage. "Sapphire Avenged" with Joanna Lumley, yeah, that is SO not winking to British fans..Terrance Dicks?! (He was'nt on the list of COFIRMED WRITERS), fanwank galore like The Brigader and The Autons one after the other?

Jesus H. Christ, you know things are bleak when THE SUN is always more accurate than F*CKING FAN SITES.

The BBC confirmed that The Odd would be returning, that Davies will write the season premiere, that Agatha Christy will appear, and the details of what would happen, that's why that crappy site's synopsis for "On Donna" and the second episode are VAUGE, and the rest have no problem spewing bulls*it with non-stop fangasms.

And the biggest giveaway is the continued use of that wonderous in-joke with the Axons, they used them for fake spoilers last season.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-10-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #158
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Further proof those rumours are rubbish.

Spoiler:
Tennant will be leaving mid-way through the season

FILMING on Doctor Who was thrown into chaos after an Italian film set bosses planned to use, was hit by a fire. Crew on the BBC1 drama flew out to Rome’s Cinecitta studios — where the Beeb filmed their epic Rome series — earlier this week. They plan to make an Ancient Rome-themed episode for Doctor Who’s fourth series there later this year.

But on Thursday night a huge blaze ripped through the studio — destroying masses of expensive BBC equipment. An insider said: "It was a huge blaze. At one point, it looked like the whole studio was a goner. It threw a real spanner in the works for the Doctor Who team. They’re planning an episode where the Doctor goes back in time to Ancient Rome and thought it would be perfect to use the set."

Who bosses still plan to use the set once fire damage has been cleared up, with insiders suggesting crucial parts were still intact. Doctor Who executive producer Julie Gardner said: "Some of the production team have been looking at locations in Italy for the new series. The Doctor will have a Roman adventure.”

Meanwhile, TV Biz can reveal that show star David Tennant is set to take a starring role in a stage version of Hamlet. The Royal Shakespeare Company is set to announce next month that the actor will play the Danish prince in 2008.

Taking the role is likely to mean David is forced to quit Doctor Who before the end of series four — as we predicted
Old 08-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #159
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Got a confirmation on season 4! Joan Collins will be playing the role of th evil
Spoiler:
Rani! A Time Lady first seen in the Tom Baker era!

That's right... Edith Keeler in Doctor Who!

http://www.syfyportal.com/news424062.html
Old 08-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #160
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Got a confirmation on season 4! Joan Collins will be playing the role of th evil
Spoiler:
Rani! A Time Lady first seen in the Tom Baker era!
WRONG!

Collin Baker and Sylvestor Mccoy era.

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity