The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The most epic fights from each character

If there is one thing that the Nick series made true on, it was that they certainly put the "Ninja" in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the fight scenes were fast paced, well researched and awesome.

So let's talk about the most awesome of the fight scenes from each character.

Raphael
No doubt Raph's most epic fight was the one against Slash in "Slash and destroy" that fight was not only epic in how violent and brutal it was but also because it was emotional. Spike was the only one with whom Raph shared his deepest feelings, so to have Slash beating the green off of Donnie and Mikey and in doing so made Raph very aware that you always should be very careful with whom you share secrets to, they might use it against you. At the end of the episode we see Raph looking emotionally destroyed at the fact that he lost Spike but also lost the trust he had in him.

Michelangelo
Tough one but I guess I'll go with his fight against Dogpound in "Mikey gets Shellacne" Here's Mikey, in grave danger, having everything to lose and fighting against somebody who has all to gain with Mikey's defeat. Splinter has said that of all the turtles Michelangelo has the most raw talent, he figures out his surroundings with instinct alone and the fight against Dogpound is a good showcase of Mikey's skills, he jumps from one rafter beam to another avoiding Dogpounds faster more powerful slashes until Dogpound ends up in the mutagen vat. After mutating into Rahzar, Mikey uses quick thinking to defeat the latter having him strike into a power conduct, electrocuting himself.

Donatello
Again, tough one but I say his most epic fight was the one against Doctor Falco before the latter became the Rat King in "Monkey Brains" Donnie is very much the opposite of Mikey, he analyzes everything around him to give himself the best possible chance of winning a fight. But against a telepathic that tactic doesn't work. Falco wasn't the strongest fighter from the series, nor was he the most dangerous that Donnie ever fought against. But the fact that Donnie had to learn to fight without thinking and do so on the fly made the fight against Falco by far his most difficult.

Leonardo
Gotto be a fight against his love interest Karai and never was a fight against her more total than in "The Deadly Venom" Karai knows Leo, knows him very well indeed and in this fight she basically forces him into an impossible situation. Leo doesn't want to fight her, tries constantly to reason with her but Baxter Stockman's brain worms have completely changed her personality. Karai knows everything about Leo while leo doesn't know anything about this new Karai. Much like Raphael's fight against Slash, Leo arrives home with no real feelings of Victory, he saved his family and friends but he couldn't save Karai.

Splinter
Bar none the fight against Super Shredder in "Requiem" This is a fight where Splinter KNEW he was going to lose, you can see it in his actions beforehand: he tells Leo that he won't be around for much longer, he actually goes along to the Mutanimal's lair because of looking forward seeing his only child and he's at peace with it. The fight itself is a good showcase of Splinter's wits against Shredder's brute force and for most of the time Splinter actually has an advantage until that final second when Shredder takes him out. But he was at peace with it.

April
Very much the fifth member of the team, April had her fair share of fights in which she had to prove herself. But I'll go with the one with which she earned the respect of two warriors who are pretty much her superiors. The fight against the foot clan in "City at War" I must explain, in the Japanese class system you have Sempai (Superiors) and Kohei (Juniors) and Karai and Shinigami are every bit April's Sempai's, so for a Sempai to bow for a Kohei is a very high praise indeed. This episode showed April struggling with her newly gotten Kunoichi title and when she lost from Shinigami, her pride took a big dent. The fact that she continued to pick herself up and continue with dogged persistence (and a hard kick in Tiger claw's junk) won her the respect of Karai and Shinigami.

Casey Jones
Him saving the day in "Newtralized" Well Casey is always in over his head and it takes him quite some time before he truly blossoms as a fighter. But his fight against the Newtralizer where he uses cunning and exploding hockey pucks, show his best skills and that he knows to use his disadvantage to his advantage. Casey will never be among the strongest of characters in the series but this David still can get Goliath down.

Karai
Her fight against Tatsu in "The Forgotten Swordsman" Much like Leo when he faced her in "The deadly Venom". Karai is facing somebody who knows her very well and she has to rely on more than just brute force to defeat him. It is also shown in that episode that transforming still puts her in a feral and very unpredictable state. The fact that she has come clean to Leo about trying to have Tatsu assassinated in Japan also makes her fight difficult: she has to deal with both a deadly opponent who knows every one of her moves but also against her moral issues, the fact that she was about to strike him down in her snake form and spared him, showed that she learned how to keep her feral self under control.

I'll post more later

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 12-20-2018 at 04:41 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

I found Splinter and Shredder fight scenes pretty decent as well as the scenes in The Forgotten Swordsman. Though I think you mean individual fights for the turtles?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:14 PM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I found Splinter and Shredder fight scenes pretty decent as well as the scenes in The Forgotten Swordsman. Though I think you mean individual fights for the turtles?
I said I would add more. And I just did.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 12-20-2018 at 04:42 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #4
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

It's not exactly Turtle by Turtle, but here are a few of my favorite fights:

Karai vs. Tiger Claw, "Vengeance is Mine"
The fight on top of the van is short but freekin awesome. Really creative use of the environment.

Leo vs. the Foot and Shredder, "The Invasion"
This was a marathon fight. It was dramatic, exciting, and dangerous. I love all of the Mirage moments.

Turtles vs. Triceraton dogfight, "Annihilation: Earth!"
Not a whole lot of dogfights in the show, but I love this one between the Turtles (in a Kraang saucer!) vs. the invading Triceraton fighters.

Bishop vs. Kraang Sub-Prime, "War for Dimension X"
I love any scene where characters with history throw down, especially if we're getting hits of that backstory through the fight.

Splinter vs. Super Shredder round 2, "The Super Shredder"
The fight in the underground city was awesome, with Splinter going fully ninja, but also brutal. I'll also add the resolution to the fight from the beginning of the next episode, where they free-fall Gandalf/Balrog style.

Splinter & Mutanimals vs. Super Shredder, "Requiem"
Absolutely brutal. It's intense and loaded with emotion. To me this is the absolute best episode in the series, and the final battle between Splinter and Shredder goes a long way towards earning the episode that title. Nothing raises the stakes like laying out your heavy hitters like Slash and Raph.

Leo vs. the Super Shredder, "Owari"
While all the Turtles fight, by the end it's Leo vs. Shredder, and it's freekin epic. It's not quite as impactful as the "Requiem" fight, but it's damn close.

Usagi vs. Jei, "Kagayake! Kintaro"
Badass fight scene, and I love the art direction at the end when they're fighting on the bridge.

Raph vs. Maximus Kong, "Carmageddon"
Another wild, brutal fight. I love how big it is, with these two slamming each other all over the giant tank.

Last edited by BYWInsaniac; 12-20-2018 at 04:48 PM.
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #5
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

One of my favorite fights was the turtes and karai vs tiger claw in the butcher shop.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

For the turtles and Shredder, I'd say the most epic fight was at the end of season One's "The Gauntlet". An all around breath-taking and intense fight and a perfect first fight between the turtles and the Shredder, establishing the latter's superiority.

It set a pretty high standard for all of the shows fight's from that point on, especially those involving the Shredder.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #7
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I actually really liked the final fight scene in Mutant Gangland, particularly the battle inside the Hotel. The space they are in is so confining the battle that Mikey and Leo are in appears awkward, particularly with the big chair Vizioso is riding in being in the way throughout much of the battle. However, once Donnie is free he uses the limited space to his advantage and was able to defeat Vizioso sending him flying off into the horizon.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:15 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Most fights between Shredder and Splinter.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote