The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #81
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I'm all for alpha-male anything to get gone, we're always going to have 'mavens.'

The Tipping Point
I'm triggered
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #82
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
but but Tigerclaw is still here
i guess it makes sense for a studio head to leave at least ONE around after the big promotion of a thing is done to see how reactions go .

also useful to see if the campaign was effective and whether or not another one is needed.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:09 PM   #83
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The plants are all gone by now. They got their paycheck. If you want more proof just check how the day the turtles were revealed in that toy fair pic was the most active day in drome history for awhile. TONS of new users poured onto the forums.

Which leads me to another conclusion- that "leak" was not a leak.
Ya don't say! You mean to tell me that THE DAY some new turtles info came out we had LOTS of people come here and...interact? You're kidding! It's like they were trying to find out more info and just found this place or something. Weeeeeird

I don't know why fresh new info coming out would make anyone want to try and find out more information on that thing, especially if they were out if the loop on it and had nostalgic childhood feelings for said thing.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:13 PM   #84
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Ya don't say! You mean to tell me that THE DAY some new turtles info came out we had LOTS of people come here and...interact? You're kidding! It's like they were trying to find out more info and just found this place or something. Weeeeeird

I don't know why fresh new info coming out would make anyone want to try and find out more information on that thing, especially if they were out if the loop on it and had nostalgic childhood feelings for said thing.
Except it was literally a blurry photo that was leaked online. I know you have a hateboner for me, but c'mon. I'd understand if a teaser trailer was posted, but hundreds of people flocking to the forums after a grainy toy fair photo showing the new designs popped up? And those same people DEFENDING said designs?

You're off your meds, Kate.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #85
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I predict a massive influx of plants when the toys/concept art of the 2018 show are revealed, followed by an even bigger community of them when the next series of tmnt films are released.

They will all boast about this new "radical" and "cool" era of tmnt trumping everything before it, only to vanish into the shadows when the new show and films will not be very popular.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-06-2017 at 10:57 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #86
snake
Disgusting

I doubt it. The only reason plants were needed were because the film already had a bad rep among fans. They were essentially damage control.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #87
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Well tmnts reputation isnt the best as of now as a whole, 95% due to the PD films which is what the general public immediately recognizes when thinking turtles.

Too early to speak now, but Im guessing when the design/concept art is revealed for rise: that the drome is gonna respond to it negatively. Thats when the plants will come in, trying to convince that this will be the best era of tmnt ever.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #88
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Well tmnts reputation isnt the best as of now as a whole, 95% due to the PD films which is what the general public immediately recognizes when thinking turtles.
Not true in the slightest. All the casuals I've met are stuck on the OT and have either disliked PD or thought it was just "okay".
Old 05-06-2017, 11:44 PM   #89
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I predict a massive influx of plants when the toys/concept art of the 2018 show are revealed, followed by an even bigger community of them when the next series of tmnt films are released.

They will all boast about this new "radical" and "cool" era of tmnt trumping everything before it, only to vanish into the shadows when the new show and films will not be very popular.
And? So what?
I guess...I'm just puzzled why this matters.
Let them get their payday and move on.

No amount of someone telling me how awesome something is...is going to change my mind about it. Then again, considering the property, and the demographic they're gunning for, it's hardly my attention they're seeking.

The Drome's got a reputation for gate-keeping, and with the new battle cry of PLANT isn't going to be changing that anytime soon.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #90
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Then again, considering the property, and the demographic they're gunning for, it's hardly my attention they're seeking.
And that still doesn't make much sense. Assuming the target demographic are mostly kids, what good would coming here of all places and posting be? What would they accomplish?

I swear, whoever comes up with those ideas obviously don't think them through and are just plain 'ol stupid.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:57 PM   #91
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
And that still doesn't make much sense. Assuming the target demographic are mostly kids, what good would coming here of all places and posting be? What would they accomplish?

I swear, whoever comes up with those ideas obviously don't think them through and are just plain 'ol stupid.
Dude, from where I'm sitting marketing as a field doesn't make much sense.

But buzz is buzz, even if it's negative buzz.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:43 AM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post

It makes a ton of sense. The only reason this was touted as the big, loud and dumb Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang movie (as the TV spots told us "everything a fan would want") was to appeal to... us. To reel in the 30s people who they think have been waiting for such a thing, and bringing our kids to the massacre.

100 million dollar marketing budget, you figure out the angles and canvas the field.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #93
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It makes a ton of sense. The only reason this was touted as the big, loud and dumb Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang movie (as the TV spots told us "everything a fan would want") was to appeal to... us. To reel in the 30s people who they think have been waiting for such a thing, and bringing our kids to the massacre.

100 million dollar marketing budget, you figure out the angles and canvas the field.
It makes sense to people who are crap at their jobs.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #94
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Except it was literally a blurry photo that was leaked online. I know you have a hateboner for me, but c'mon. I'd understand if a teaser trailer was posted, but hundreds of people flocking to the forums after a grainy toy fair photo showing the new designs popped up? And those same people DEFENDING said designs?

You're off your meds, Kate.
I don't have a "hateboner" for anyone. I found your tinfoil hat suspicions a little rediculous and expressed that opinion.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #95
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Except it was literally a blurry photo that was leaked online. I'd understand if a teaser trailer was posted, but hundreds of people flocking to the forums after a grainy toy fair photo showing the new designs popped up? And those same people DEFENDING said designs?

please keep the insults out of this thread please .

but if even 20 people joined the forum on one day a 'leaked' photo just happened to pop up...i'd consider that suspicious myself.

especially if it never happened before for other things considered 'event news'.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #96
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

In a sense, we HAVE been waiting for such a thing.

and for the most part, we got it with Turtles Forever. it's done. finished, and was better than we could have hoped for.

What the PD people THOUGHT They where giving us, is what THEY thought we wanted. done THEIR way, with no knowledge of the characters, and then they where confused as to why most long term fans seemed to still hate it ;o).

THEN the plants came in .

Studios these days don't really need to be very smart when people will defend mediocre work even without plants. They probably figured it was worth an expense if they could convince even half the people who didn't like the movie to give it a chance.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #97
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
please keep the insults out of this thread please .
ok mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I don't have a "hateboner" for anyone. I found your tinfoil hat suspicions a little rediculous and expressed that opinion.
You really can't fathom that studios would have viral marketers going around? It's a damn good way to promote something and it DOES exist.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #98
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
What the PD people THOUGHT They where giving us, is what THEY thought we wanted. done THEIR way, with no knowledge of the characters, and then they where confused as to why most long term fans seemed to still hate it ;o).

THEN the plants came in .

Studios these days don't really need to be very smart when people will defend mediocre work even without plants. They probably figured it was worth an expense if they could convince even half the people who didn't like the movie to give it a chance.
Totally agree with this. The worst part is, they do the movie the wrong way and instead of blaming themselves or thinking 'what if we made them more bad ass and more like the source material' they just shrug and say 'I guess Ninja Turtles just isn't marketable' and pull the plug on the whole thing and we wait 10 more years for someone else to have a crack at it.

That's the biggest problem with the Hollywood execs. It's never their fault in their minds. Their ideas are not dumb, we are. It's either their way in whatever they think is right..... or 'oh well, I guess noone really likes 'insert franchise name here', pull the plug.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:02 PM   #99
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, they aren't going to blame themselves for messing up and will just chalk it up to the fans and how they didn't react well enough despite everyone praising the thing to death and trying to convince others that it's the best thing since sliced bread even when it isn't. And thinking back on things, I do believe there were some plants here on the boards by their attitudes whenever anyone would act negative towards the movies in any way.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #100
Vegita-San
Emperor

usually with an attack against the person expressing that 'hateful' opinion against the movie itself.

almost as if they fear loosing their job if they don't attack the person rather than the opinion ;o).

Tags
snakeistriggered