The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 10:43 PM   #2141
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Id assume Metalhead isn?t shipping anymore to Target right? Or is a restock scheduled? Didn?t know if he was included in Wave 3 on 8/20 releases.
If that's true it'd be utterly ridiculous. NECA might as well start numbering these releases, "#124/5,000" instead of pretending to be doing mass market toys. That comment is based on if you are right that they wouldn't ship more to Target, which I don't know is true.

On the other hand I think that NECA doing a mass pre-order combined with a reward for people who bought Super Shredder is a really great thing on their part. No caveats - it's just a great thing.

I hope I feel the same way tomorrow when I order and see the shipping costs.

I'm also curious as to whether or not the box and paint decos on Metal Head will be different. I hope they won't be different, but the email made a point to mention this as an opportunity for those who missed out on a "first run" Metal Head.

Traditionally, first run toys have some distinction - Playmates Star Trek had White Lettering on the cards for a while, vintage MOTU had some different paint apps, etc. I don't want any of that with this line.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:49 AM   #2142
Browne762
Foot Soldier

I just reread the NECA email. I thought it was for Metalhead and the Casey/Foot two pack, but that's not correct it is for the movie Casey mask. Was that even popular? I feel like ever place that stocked that had it for a year or more. I guess I will not be getting the Casey/Foot two pack. Oh well, but WTH? Why not do this same thing for that item as well?
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:46 AM   #2143
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I got the coupon as well. Now I just gotta wait for them to stock something I want. I actually found Metalhead.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #2144
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I got the coupon as well. Now I just gotta wait for them to stock something I want. I actually found Metalhead.
Did you receive it recently or right after you pre-ordered? I still haven't received mine.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #2145
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Did you receive it recently or right after you pre-ordered? I still haven't received mine.
I got it yesterday afternoon shortly after receiving the email about today's preorders.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #2146
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Just ordered two metalheads from NECA and canceled my order with ZAVVI.
They still had my super shredder in my NECA cart, but then it said sold out. AH, GIMME Super Shredder.
That metalhead order was just as easy as ordering Tokka and Razar, shipping for 2 metalheads was 14.99.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:21 AM   #2147
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Just ordered two metalheads from NECA and canceled my order with ZAVVI.
They still had my super shredder in my NECA cart, but then it said sold out. AH, GIMME Super Shredder.
That metalhead order was just as easy as ordering Tokka and Razar, shipping for 2 metalheads was 14.99.
Just got 2 my self.. ended up paying $64 shipped, with my $10 gift card I had from a while back. Never got a $5 coupon for my $20 shipping cost on shredder.
Scalpers prices are around $65-85 ish , from what I?ve seen for Metal head
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #2148
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Well looks like $14.99 is their flat rate shipping in the US. So for shipping a $30 item, which is relatively light and small, they want to change 50% of that to ship?! Go F yourselves NECA.

Shipping for my $250 SDCC 2018 movie turtles and the diorama was only $15.63.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:26 AM   #2149
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
Well looks like $14.99 is their flat rate shipping in the US. So for shipping a $30 item, which is relatively light and small, they want to change 50% of that to ship?! Go F yourselves NECA.

Amazon, and then everyone who had to adjust to their model, has certainly spoiled us.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #2150
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Amazon, and then everyone who had to adjust to their model, has certainly spoiled us.
Yeahhhh... I kinda feel for NECA on this one. I'm not saying I'd feel good paying $15 to ship a $30 figure but they're also not a big enough retailer to just eat a bunch of shipping costs the way Amazon/Walmart/Target can. I'm sure they could get the costs down more by skimping on packaging and box size but then of course you'd have people complaining about that instead.

Kind of a no-win either way, for both NECA and the consumer. I'm just happy they're offering preorders.

Last edited by mikey see; 08-14-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:22 AM   #2151
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Some might spend $15, if not more driving up and down searching multiple Targets for this. 🤷🏻
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #2152
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Some might spend $15, if not more driving up and down searching multiple Targets for this. 🤷🏻
That is true. Same is true about Amazon making others shipping prices seem annoying.

I guess, all in all, if I didn't spend the better part of two hours online the day Metalhead was released trying to buy it to be left empty handed and search 50 stores over weeks for the figure also just be left empty handed I probably wouldn't be as annoyed by $15 shipping on a $30 item.

I personally have never gone to a store looking for strictly one item. I tend to look for several things from TMNT, Funko, GI Joe and Hot Wheels for most trips. Problem is NECA, Funko, Matel, Hasbro, Target, Game Stop, Amazon and so on have created a broken system. What was fun, now is not. Now anything slightly negative is more of a trigger of anger on subject matter that would normally bring joy and happiness. I should probably just dedicate the time (and money) to things that actually matter more then getting some toys.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #2153
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i got my order in today too. had the Super Shredder code came to a cool 69. i already have Metalhead but i bought another to open. i wont feel bad about it this time around because they literally made him available for everyone

i was going back and fourth with the Casey mask. i just decided to pull the trigger since Neca is really trying to help out
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #2154
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

If you buy 2 with your Super Shredder coupon, the price amortizes between the two to about what you would have paid at retail after taxes. Basically 34.99 each.

So NECA did good with this one in that regard, although to hit that price point you had to buy two. -shrugs-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:39 PM   #2155
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

I don?t think enough people understand that the $15 they are charging you, does not just cover the shipping fee. It goes into the boxes, packing materials, and labor they have to use to ship a ton more orders than they usually do.
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #2156
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
If you buy 2 with your Super Shredder coupon, the price amortizes between the two to about what you would have paid at retail after taxes. Basically 34.99 each.

So NECA did good with this one in that regard, although to hit that price point you had to buy two. -shrugs-
I didn't know Super Shredder was going on their site so I missed out on that one too and didn't get the coupon.

I'll buy your second one from ya and pay ya $7.50 in shipping! J/K
Old 08-14-2020, 02:58 PM   #2157
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

The USPS is pretty Fd up right now so I think they had no choice than to go with the pricier, but more reliable shipper.

I am waiting on 3 weeks for a POP shipped from EE via USPS First Class

I guess I would rather stuff get here on time, and tracked, than missing into the void at USPS
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #2158
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicexct View Post
I don?t think enough people understand that the $15 they are charging you, does not just cover the shipping fee. It goes into the boxes, packing materials, and labor they have to use to ship a ton more orders than they usually do.
I get the point of "shipping and handling" but I'm betting they are just shipping them in the boxes they already come in from China and are not using much (if any) additional packing materials. That's how any other of the 2 dozen items I have gotten from NECA have arrived. And unless they are paying people $300 per hour, the 5-10 seconds it takes to peel and stick the UPS label and packing slip on the box the labor per shipment should be pretty minimal (I worked in shipping for a manufacture for 8 years) and one person should be able to ship out hundreds of these in a day.

I also know, from my time working in shipping, that the company I worked for made money on the shipping they charged almost ever time. The shipping they were charging was $35 (large packages) and most the time the UPS cost to the company wasn't even $20 and many times close to $10. Some places don't care about screwing people on their shipping prices. More profit, baby!
Old 08-14-2020, 03:40 PM   #2159
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
The USPS is pretty Fd up right now so I think they had no choice than to go with the pricier, but more reliable shipper.

I am waiting on 3 weeks for a POP shipped from EE via USPS First Class

I guess I would rather stuff get here on time, and tracked, than missing into the void at USPS
exactly...if they went with the cheaper option i.e USPS, then everyone would be bitching and complaining bc it's taking too long or worse, it gets lost in the mail...which in the past few months, this has happened to me about 5 or 6 times with USPS
Old 08-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #2160
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Anyone know the ETA on the NECA store pre-order for Metalhead?
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote