Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #81
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Hi I have a few things.
*Why did you give Leo a goofy look on his face?
I suppose this happened automatically when i added eyes. I'll see what i can do about it
Quote:
*You got rid of a bug I thought was kind of cool. You could climb walls by holding forward into them and keep pressing jump.
Ye i had to because it was afterall a bug . It would have other unintended side-effects. I'm still considering adding the wall jump you suggested, but then in a controlled manner so i can also decide to include slippery walls, etc in the future.
Quote:
*When do you plan to add sound?
Sound is absolutely going to be the finishing touch. Meaning the game isn't finished without it, but it's rather low on the prio list after functionality, level design, more mobs, animation, etc.
Having said that, the most work is in making the background music and/or sound effects. If someone were to provide me with cool fitting sounds, it'd be quite easy to add them to the game
Donnie.Shelldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #82
FRA
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie.Shelldon View Post
By all means! i could appreciate some useful art really. You could either design the tiles (they're 50x50 pixels, but there's really no limit on how big you want to make one, because it's automatically split up), or indeed provide some concept art which i could in turn translate to in-game material.

Feel free to come up with anything you want
Sure, as soon as i can ill post some pics for you, it will be a pleasure m8
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #83
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA View Post
Sure, as soon as i can ill post some pics for you, it will be a pleasure m8
I'm looking forward to it! Nice one

UPDATES:

I've added a first version of 'items' and 'requirements'. If you load the demo level you can:

- Search the couch by pressing and holding the UP arrow key
- A blue key will be added to your inventory
- You can access your inventory by pressing B or clicking on the turtle's portrait
- You also see a door with a blue lock. Obviously you can open it when you have the blue key in your inventory

Basically the introduced system allows me to add all kinds of objects which can interact with or contain items.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #84
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
I suppose this happened automatically when i added eyes. I'll see what i can do about it
Yeah, now he looks scared. I think the main problem is the eyes. He looks like he's looking up. I think I liked his grin better. I was thinking he should look more like his figure. More of a mean than happy grin. http://www.playmatestoys.com/views/8...-ninja-turtles On a side note I noticed the wraps on his hands and feet are white.

Last edited by Xav; 08-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #85
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Quote:
Yeah, now he looks scared. I think the main problem is the eyes. He looks like he's looking up. I think I liked his grin better. I was thinking he should look more like his figure. More of a mean than happy grin. http://www.playmatestoys.com/views/8...-ninja-turtles On a side note I noticed the wraps on his hands and feet are white.
Another attempt at Leo's look (just updated) .
Also i noticed the different colours used for the wraps on hands and feet...They'll be included when i do an animation overhaul soon as i get to it.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #86
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

[UPDATE] [UPDATE] [UPDATE]

I added dialogues to the game, so it's now possible for me to add dialogues based either on location or on (friendly) character interaction
Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #87
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Another attempt at Leo's look (just updated) .
I don't want to come off as annoying, but if you want to know what I think, what's with the line on the right side of his mouth and what's with the blank spot on the bottom left? I'm just wondering if you are trying to make them look like their action figures? Another thing, is it possible to make it load faster when you enter a door? I also found a bug sometimes when I load it up my turtle is invisible.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #88
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Quote:
I don't want to come off as annoying, but if you want to know what I think, what's with the line on the right side of his mouth and what's with the blank spot on the bottom left? I'm just wondering if you are trying to make them look like their action figures? Another thing, is it possible to make it load faster when you enter a door? I also found a bug sometimes when I load it up my turtle is invisible.
The line on the right side of his mouth (similar to raph's) is how i illustrate the difference between his upper and lower teeth. I'm not sure what you mean with the blank spot.

You don't come off as annoying, but do realize that i'm not an artist . Personally, i'm pretty content with how they turned out so far keeping in mind the limits of my skills.

I'll see what i can do about the load times when you move through doors
Old 08-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #89
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Added the ingame ability to choose between turtles.

This will allow me to expand on their individual abilities, so that depending on the situation you can pick the most appropriate turtle if you want to.

Also updated this threads first post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #90
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
The line on the right side of his mouth (similar to raph's) is how i illustrate the difference between his upper and lower teeth. I'm not sure what you mean with the blank spot.
What I mean by the blank spot is that in the lower left side of his mouth it is black between his white teeth and green skin.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #91
FRA
Mouser

Cool sutff youre workin on m8
Ive done a kindof skectch design for the sewer level with the acces to other levels. If you want to check it just tell me and ill post it as soon as i can (bit busy with work nowadays )
Btw, as the turtles are kinda the ones from Nick´s series, why dont you change the foot ninjas to be that same way and not as in the original cartoons? just have to change the purple with black and maybe changin heads
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #92
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA View Post
Cool sutff youre workin on m8
Ive done a kindof skectch design for the sewer level with the acces to other levels. If you want to check it just tell me and ill post it as soon as i can (bit busy with work nowadays )
Btw, as the turtles are kinda the ones from Nick´s series, why dont you change the foot ninjas to be that same way and not as in the original cartoons? just have to change the purple with black and maybe changin heads
Heya FRA. Thanks . I would very much like to see your design, so feel free to post it .

As for the foot soldiers, the idea was formed to blend eras/shows some. From this point of view it felt proper to start with the oldschool foot soldiers (maybe some different colour costumes based on abilities / difficulty) and later on add the new foot soldiers as the upgraded versions.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #93
Xav
Foot Elite

What about the Mirage Comics Foot Soldiers?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #94
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Quote:
What about the Mirage Comics Foot Soldiers?
I don't know too much about the comics really. I would have no idea what they'd look like ...link?

[EDIT]
Added attack while ducking...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Donnie.Shelldon; 08-25-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #95
Xav
Foot Elite

Hows this? It's a figure based off the first comic appearance of the Foot.
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/g...4746106-15.php
Old 09-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #96
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

progress update? i really hope you are still working on this
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #97
Donnie.Shelldon
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
progress update? i really hope you are still working on this
Hi there! Ye sadly i've been a bit busy with tons of other stuff that needed taking care of, so I had to put the TMNT project on hold.

Having said that, I do plan to pick up the TMNT project again in about 2 weeks tops as i myself can't wait to continue working on it

Tags
fan game, video games