The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
eskater
Foot Soldier

TMNT Crossovers into past iterations of TMNT

Alright so a thought I've been having for awhile is the possibility or at least references to current TMNT comics potentially crossing over into past iterations of their comics. With so many crossovers into other things both cartoon and comic book wise I'm just interested to see if this will ever be feasible or at least discussed at some length.
With the last TMNT/Usagi crossover I read that Usagi mentioned "you aren't the turtles I know" probably referencing other times he met with the Turtles, assuming he referenced the Mirage TMNT, so maybe potential with other turtles meeting or at least referencing each other?
Just the fanboy in me wanting a TMNT multiverse I guess.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well, hasn't this already happened? Usagi was indeed referring to the Mirage Turtles he met. I'm not sure what else you mean.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

Ever watch Turtles Forever?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Alright so a thought I've been having for awhile is the possibility or at least references to current TMNT comics potentially crossing over into past iterations of their comics. With so many crossovers into other things both cartoon and comic book wise I'm just interested to see if this will ever be feasible or at least discussed at some length.
With the last TMNT/Usagi crossover I read that Usagi mentioned "you aren't the turtles I know" probably referencing other times he met with the Turtles, assuming he referenced the Mirage TMNT, so maybe potential with other turtles meeting or at least referencing each other?
Just the fanboy in me wanting a TMNT multiverse I guess.
It totally exists already.

Did you read last year's TMNT: Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything? It was pretty good and it touched on the nature of the multiverse and how the Turtles relate to it.

I do feel that there is still potential to explore in the idea, but I'd rather us see iterations of the Turtles created solely to explore a multiverse crossover miniseries, rather than the IDW Turtles simply meeting the Mirage/Archie/what-have-you Turtles that have already been seen before in their own comic series.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #5
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Ever watch Turtles Forever?
I did, first time I saw was a bootleg copy I bought overseas still have it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well, hasn't this already happened? Usagi was indeed referring to the Mirage Turtles he met. I'm not sure what else you mean.
I guess I should have elaborated, like maybe someone setting up an established version of the multiverse. I know it has happened and it's been referenced but I guess maybe making the concepts more solidified I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
It totally exists already.

Did you read last year's TMNT: Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything? It was pretty good and it touched on the nature of the multiverse and how the Turtles relate to it.

I do feel that there is still potential to explore in the idea, but I'd rather us see iterations of the Turtles created solely to explore a multiverse crossover miniseries, rather than the IDW Turtles simply meeting the Mirage/Archie/what-have-you Turtles that have already been seen before in their own comic series.
I did read Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy everything, I'll have to look back on that one though. I agree that I wouldn't want IDW turtles (or any version of the turtles) just meeting up with other versions just for the sake of it. A team of turtles exploring just the multiverse is an idea worth exploring for sure. Could be heavily Renet orientated in this regard.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I did, first time I saw was a bootleg copy I bought overseas still have it too.

I guess I should have elaborated, like maybe someone setting up an established version of the multiverse. I know it has happened and it's been referenced but I guess maybe making the concepts more solidified I guess.

I did read Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy everything, I'll have to look back on that one though. I agree that I wouldn't want IDW turtles (or any version of the turtles) just meeting up with other versions just for the sake of it. A team of turtles exploring just the multiverse is an idea worth exploring for sure. Could be heavily Renet orientated in this regard.
There's a good amount of multiversal stuff in "Odyssey."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #7
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's a good amount of multiversal stuff in "Odyssey."
I actually didn't know about Odyssey up until I saw your signature and kept digging around in this forum. Definitely will be checking it out though
Old 08-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #8
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I actually didn't know about Odyssey up until I saw your signature and kept digging around in this forum. Definitely will be checking it out though
Yeah, same. I want to read everything from Mirage that leads up to it first so that I can fully appreciate it.

I would almost say I'm more looking forward to Odyssey than reading the rest of Mirage
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #9
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, same. I want to read everything from Mirage that leads up to it first so that I can fully appreciate it.

I would almost say I'm more looking forward to Odyssey than reading the rest of Mirage
I just found out about it and I'm pretty stoked lol