The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #1381
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

I'd prefer Splinter even to Shredder.

And I'd really love a toon-accurate April.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #1382
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Old 04-28-2017, 03:51 AM   #1383
theassassin
Foot Soldier

That head is a bit stern for Michaelangelo, I still wish we could have got two unique heads with each turtle to get more expression choices.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #1384
inaheap
Mad Scientist

OK I'm all in for these guys to do Splinter as long as he gets plenty of usable articulation. I also think one thing playmates got right in the past was making the robe cloth and removable. Yes the actual robe left a little to be desired. I think April would look cool in Figuarts style too. I really hope the Figuarts turtle line goes on to do a lot of characters. There are so many great options.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #1385
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
That head is a bit stern for Michaelangelo, I still wish we could have got two unique heads with each turtle to get more expression choices.
I would even be okay with the existing four alt heads each being offered in each brother's deco.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:27 AM   #1386
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

They certainly are taking their sweet time with Shredder, like others have been saying, I want Splinter

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #1387
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
I would even be okay with the existing four alt heads each being offered in each brother's deco.
I hadn't thought of that but yeh that would have been better even if not ideal.

I just hate that smiling Donnie head so much though I don't think I'd use that on any of them ever.

Really hope Shredder gets alternate heads, one with helmet and mask and one without helmet or mask. If they make the helmet removeable it's going to look bad, i.e. too big. But sadly I fear that is the route they are taking judging by the oversized helmet look of the prototype.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #1388
LilithMV
Thug

If any figure needs to be made it's April. We already have a few Shredders, but only a single April from Neca years back. Since I like to take casual pics with the turtles, April would make more sense. The four boys don't exactly hang out with Shredder all the time. The second figure I want is Splinter and then Casey Jones. Also I would love if Irma, Vernon and Burne were made but that will never happen.

The villain's can wait, imo. But I do hope for a non-fly Baxter. It would be perfect to recreate the scenes from the first few episodes of the original cartoon with Shredder and Baxter.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #1389
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilithMV View Post
If any figure needs to be made it's April... Since I like to take casual pics with the turtles, April would make more sense. The four boys don't exactly hang out with Shredder all the time. The second figure I want is Splinter and then Casey Jones...

The villain's can wait, imo. But I do hope for a non-fly Baxter.
My thoughts and ranking match yours precisely.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #1390
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Seeing SH Figuarts Yuki Mori and Fujiko, Bandai would make one of the best April figures we could get. So I really hope they'll go beyond Shredder.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #1391
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Just a question. I know many of you like the posing options so the fact that they're heavily articulated is great. Would you guys however have interest in some of these secondary characters in true OT likeness but as mini statues? They'd look and feel like an action figure but would have simple joints for assembly and just be able to stand and pose on a shelf next to these? I'm heavily entertaining taking on a new "unofficial" project late this year of some other characters. We don't know where FigureArts will stop but Id love to get some characters like Rat king on the shelf

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:39 PM   #1392
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Just a question. I know many of you like the posing options so the fact that they're heavily articulated is great. Would you guys however have interest in some of these secondary characters in true OT likeness but as mini statues? They'd look and feel like an action figure but would have simple joints for assembly and just be able to stand and pose on a shelf next to these? I'm heavily entertaining taking on a new "unofficial" project late this year of some other characters. We don't know where FigureArts will stop but Id love to get some characters like Rat king on the shelf
Most definitely. I want the Turtles and a few other characters to be super articulated, but others I want to match aesthetically, and if they don't move much or at all I'm fine with that.

A thought: multiple limb choices. Like, think of that Slave Leia Hasbro did several years ago that included regular, articulated legs, but also unarticulated sitting legs; you could swap 'em at the waist to have her sitting in Jaba's throne or leave the regular ones for standing poses.

Something similar might make unarticulated supporting characters more palatable.

Perhaps April could have arms at her side or you can swap them out for bent arms holding a camera or Turtle Comm or what have you.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:34 PM   #1393
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Most definitely. I want the Turtles and a few other characters to be super articulated, but others I want to match aesthetically, and if they don't move much or at all I'm fine with that.

A thought: multiple limb choices. Like, think of that Slave Leia Hasbro did several years ago that included regular, articulated legs, but also unarticulated sitting legs; you could swap 'em at the waist to have her sitting in Jaba's throne or leave the regular ones for standing poses.

Something similar might make unarticulated supporting characters more palatable.

Perhaps April could have arms at her side or you can swap them out for bent arms holding a camera or Turtle Comm or what have you.
That would be something to consider. Like anything more options would mean higher cost. Having my modeler do an additional set of limbs would be doable but Id likely have to do a character or two first to see how a project like this would perform and if multiple options would be feasible. It's not impossible to revisit a character either and have another limb or something done later after I see how it goes.

OT accurate figures have been a huge want for me, and many of us for a long time. While I wouldnt be equipped to do the full articulation, a properly scaled figure-like mini statue would be something Id be able to do. While Id love foot soldiers, Splinter, and April fully articulated I'm not sure how far FigureArts will go and Id rather have them in a mini statue form than not at all.

I'm really inspired by what NECA/4 Horsemen did back in the late 2000s with Masters of the Universe after Mattel opted not to produce any more action figures.

http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/neca.html

While this wouldnt be something Id start immediately, I still think about logical character choices to start with. Id love to start with Splinter but I really think if FigureArts continues then we will see him. Same goes for the foot soldiers. Perhaps someone less likely such as Rat King or Stockman as a fly?

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #1394
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Stockman is definitely a huge priority for me, as is Leatherhead.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #1395
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Stockman is definitely a huge priority for me, as is Leatherhead.
Cajun Leatherhead has always been a huge want of mine BUT in proper scale. If Id go down this road at all Id want to do it properly. Id really love to see a shelf full of all the characters from the OT eventually

Check out my collection!
Old 04-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #1396
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Cajun Leatherhead has always been a huge want of mine BUT in proper scale. If Id go down this road at all Id want to do it properly. Id really love to see a shelf full of all the characters from the OT eventually
Well color me intrigued! I fear Figuarts won't do it, so I'd love to see you do so.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 PM   #1397
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well color me intrigued! I fear Figuarts won't do it, so I'd love to see you do so.
once I'm ready Ill probably put a poll up somewhere on the drome of a couple characters. I feel like the TMNT fandom is one of the few where custom limited run figures are non-existent. I see them in MOTU, Joes, Wrestling, etc but it's time the turtle get some love too

Check out my collection!
Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #1398
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
once I'm ready Ill probably put a poll up somewhere on the drome of a couple characters. I feel like the TMNT fandom is one of the few where custom limited run figures are non-existent. I see them in MOTU, Joes, Wrestling, etc but it's time the turtle get some love too
I'd be all in for some obscure characters like kerma, mr ogg, the starchild, and the grybyx in scale with the figuarts turtles. Little figures like that require little to no articulation. All mr ogg needs is a flight stand.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:18 PM   #1399
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

If they just did the 88,89, and 90 basic assortments, I'd be just fine.

Knock those out and keep adding if they accomplish that.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #1400
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Well we'll never see figuarts do guys like gadget man, frip the polarisoid, captain croolick, or even the neutrinos so you have my money MasterTurtle. Once you start thinking about all the characters in the FW series alone there's a wide variety to choose from. Not to mention accessories like krangs bubble walker for those of us who have the first gokin krang.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote