The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Mowgli - Live Action Jungle Book Remake from Warner Bros

Warner Bros has just released the trailer to there live action adaption of the Jungle Book. Its titled "Mowgli". This version promises to be the darkest take on the classic story.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Just looking at the trailer I'm already hyped to the max. This is gonna blow the 2016 Disney version out of the water.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Is it just me, or does something about the animal's faces look...off?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Andy Serkis (who directed the film) breaks down what's going on in the trailer....

Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
They have human like expressions, normally something that I don't like but I think its fitting for a story like this where the animals have a very human like society.

As beautiful as the 2016 version's animals look, I will admit that I find it weird how they have colourful personalities yet very emotionless and realistic looking animal faces.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

As beautiful as the 2016 version's animals look, I will admit that I find it weird how they have colourful personalities yet very emotionless and realistic looking animal faces.
To each their own, I suppose. I loved how the animals looked in the 2016, it's probably my favorite Jungle Book adaptation to date.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
drgon78
Mad Scientist

This was pointless, we already got a good version a couple of years ago.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I keep reading that the point of this is that they want to show a much darker, much grittier version of the story. But... I'm assuming this won't be R-rated for obvious reasons, so exactly how much darker or grittier are they intending or even able to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I don't know what "Mowgli"'s production budget is, but I'm guessing it's not the $175,000,000 "The Jungle Book" had. I'm guessing that's why.

I like this new kid, though. He seems 100% less annoying than the kid in "The Jungle Book."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I keep reading that the point of this is that they want to show a much darker, much grittier version of the story. But... I'm assuming this won't be R-rated for obvious reasons, so exactly how much darker or grittier are they intending or even able to go?
The original novel was darker than the animated film, but it was still aimed at children. Characters die, the law of the Jungle is very intricate on a level which most young children don't understand and there are some complex topics dealt with, but nothing R rated except for Mowgli being bare naked in the original story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I like this new kid, though. He seems 100% less annoying than the kid in "The Jungle Book."
Agreed, he truly does seem like a feral child.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Andy Serkis (who directed the film) breaks down what's going on in the trailer....

Is it just me or does this guy look just like the villain in the Black Panther movie, Klaue?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
Allio
Foot Elite

CC you aren't serious are you? I'm literally face blind and I know the answer to that one.