The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 07-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

The end of Matty Collector

Matty Collector is no more, and Super 7 have taken over the MOTU licence.. No one is sure yet if Classics is over, or if Super 7 will pick it up, but I guess we'll find out.

Quote:
To Our Loyal Collectors,
Thank you for being the world’s most dedicated fans and passionate supporters of MattyCollector.com over the years.
We want to let you know that we have been working on something new and different for you that measures up to your loyalty and devotion.
As of December 31, 2016, we will be shutting down the website as we transition to Super7 to manufacture and deliver the Masters of the Universe and adult collector lines. Subscriptions and orders for 2016 will remain unaffected, and the site will continue to operate through the end of the year. For the past two years, Super7 has proven to be a great partner, and we look forward to seeing them continue to grow the Masters of the Universe line. They will unveil the expanded line for 2017 at San Diego Comic-Con.
To help you complete your collections before the end of the year, we’ll be opening the Vault beginning Thursday, July 21 at 9 a.m. PT. All 2014 and 2015 items, and select 2016 items, will be available for sale at that time. They’ll remain in the shop until the end of the year or while supplies last, whichever comes first. For our U.S.-based collectors, any Vault products you buy during San Diego Comic-Con will arrive with free domestic ground shipping.*
We thank you for your dedication and support through the years.
Sincerely,

MattyCollector.com
Oh and on their Vault sale... Two-Bad sold out before I could get online for the third frigging time. It's got to be price manipulation at this point - Two-Bad is one of the most expensive figures on the after market and some people want to keep it that way.

Last edited by ProactiveMan; 07-22-2016 at 08:42 PM.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:11 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Okay... That sucks. Super 7 have made some neat figures, but nothing that interested me.

As long as the change of hands in manufacturing and delivery don't interfere with the ThunderCats Classics or worsen the QC.

Hopefully it means bye-bye Digital River, cause those guys can be real assholes. Luckily I've not been affected by them, but a friend of mine has been blacklisted when he complained about missing shipments.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Nobody seems to know what is happening to ThunderCats.

I've never bought anything from Super 7, so I don't know how good they are - I don't really like the Re-action figures all that much - it's a cute idea, but it's almost like a joke that's gone too far at this point.

Looks like they use Shopify for their online store - I'm not sure if that's a better service than Digital River, but it can't be any worse right?!

I had a few run-ins with Digital River; there was the Castle Grayskull saga where I had to update my credit card during the pre-order period, and they wouldn't accept the new number. After weeks of back and forth, I found out it was because my bank flagged Digital River as a suspicious company.

Another time the online store double ordered for some reason, so I contacted them immediately to fix it and they said they couldn't because the billing and dispatch were automated and there was no way to stop the order once it had been made. The guy suggested I refuse delivery and sort it out from there, but I was worried that they would blacklist me like they do if you stop a credit card payment. So I have an extra Beastman and Man-E-Faces still in their box that I keep forgetting to offload.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #4
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

I'm super unhappy about this because I fear the Thundercats line may be done. I had never signed up for anything with Matty until the Thundercats and will be super pissed if we at least don't get the core cats.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:56 PM   #5
Commenter 42
Banned

Not surprised. Doing limited ruins of your most sought after characters is a direct route to Chapter 11.

Stupid what they pulled this year. What the hell was the point.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:06 AM   #6
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Yeah, I think the writing was on the wall for a while. Just in general, quality went down while prices went up; I mean who wants to spend $40 on Gwildor?

They pulled the exclusive stunts because of people like me. I bought a sh*t-load of MOTU Classics, but I never subscribed because I really only wanted what I wanted i.e. I could live without Slightly More Naked Teela, or Acid Reflux Man-At-Arms. Shadow Weaver was the first exclusive that really caused me pain.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:00 PM   #7
justforapic
Banned

It was too expensive and inconvenient for me anyways. Sorry to see them go though.
justforapic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:56 AM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Super7's Ultimate line is pretty cool, but I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get Teela's long hair head as the original toy hair color, it looks better then the blonde.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #9
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Yeah I'm glad they are doing this. It's crazy to think Teela was never re-released – she’s one of the best figures in the line. I didn’t miss too many of the figures I wanted from the early waves, but there are a couple here and there that I’d love to get for less than ebay prices.

Do you think they’ll touch the subscriber exclusives, or would that piss people off too much? I could use a Shadow Weaver.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:48 AM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'd love a Ultimate Man-At-Arms, he got enough extra bits to warrant a Ult. variant; Mustache head, no mustache head, unhelmet head, snake-men head and alternative armor.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:12 AM   #11
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

What kind of shipping rates are you getting on the Ultimate stuff? It almost doubles the price for me, i.e. $32 USD shipping. $67 USD works out to around $90 AUD total for me, which is not going to happen.