The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #661
Vegita-San
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
It's simple. Viacom got tired of this incarnation and wants to try something else with a different approach. I'm expecting this new show to be garbage but I hope I'm wrong. TMNT can't afford to have too many misses.
as much as i'm not a fan of this incarnation, I DO remember Mr.Producer saying he had a story to tell in at least FOUR seasons. I don't remember five being the magical number, but i could be wrong.

although,

If Viacom really wanted a sillier, goofier approach, maybe they agreed to give this show a five season run just to get things started, and tHAT is why this new show is launching so fast?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM   #662
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, I distinctly remember Ciro saying in an interview that he wanted to tell the story in at least five seasons and he has had just that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM   #663
Redworld96
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No, I distinctly remember Ciro saying in an interview that he wanted to tell the story in at least five seasons and he has had just that.
Yep. Ciro said five seasons in this interview (when season 2 was about to end on Nickelodeon)
http://www.toonzone.net/tmnt-exec-pr...nited-kingdom/

TOONZONE NEWS: Season two is racing towards its dramatic conclusion, season three is soon to start and a fourth season has been confirmed. You’ve said before that ideally you see this version of the Turtles as a five season story. Would you be interested in taking the story beyond that point?

CIRO NIELI: I think if we went beyond five with the broad steps that I’ve planned, we’d have to definitely do some reconfiguring. I’m definitely not opposed if we keep going but we’d need to go back a certain amount on our promise story-wise. I wouldn’t turn it down but it’s kind of a nice package the way we have it in five right now.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM   #664
FredWolfLeonardo
Stone Warrior

In that case, I'm glad its ending after five seasons because it looks like it wouldn't end on a strong note if it continued.

Even the episode End Times felt like a very strong end to the show so I think the last episode will be the best ending any tmnt show has gotten.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #665
Vegita-San
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I absolutely think the SDCC shorts had a secondary purpose to see which style and type of humor gains the most interest, especially since the new show is going to be 2D animated. I don't think we'll see a straight up adaptation of any of the shorts, or direct design style used, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw elements from the most popular shorts.
Yep, agreed.

I also feel like the half shell heroes line of toys and animated special was a test to see how well something like that would sell.there would be no reason to make them 2D either when you already have 3D models ready and waiting and cost effective.

I think the special was to see how well a show like what we have now, but in 2D would sell. and the shorts would be how well something a bit more comedy oriented might do.
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #666
Vegita-San
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Yep. Ciro said five seasons in this interview (when season 2 was about to end on Nickelodeon)
I sit corrected.

And I think that even stretching it out to five seasons stretched this story out way too thin. it could have worked easily in 3.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #667
CyberCubed
Overlord

TMNT is a franchise that has endless story possibilities, as seen with all the different series. It could go on a long time without them running out of things to do.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM   #668
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yes, but as we saw with the 4Kids series, things took a turn during Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers and many fans weren't happy with those directions. I think Ciro felt he wanted to end it on his own terms and he's getting his wish which I think is fine. Better to let it end on his terms than for them to continue it and have the network push it in a direction of their own making.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt