The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

IDW appreciation thread

not sure if there is one.but think there should be one...

I've bought more comics since IDW started than I think I've ever bought in the last ten years.

It's nice to see a company that largely takes the time to understand what makes older properties tick. Even stuff you think that doesn't need a continuation, like Galaxy Quest, turns out rather good.

I don't know how they get their teams together, but it's probably one of the better teams out there in comics.

My only complaint is this Ghostbusters101 comic. The REGULAR Ghostbuster section of the first Issue was amaze balls as usual. The Feigbusters section...man, even IDW can not save those characters. against my better judgment, I picked up issue two, and even managed to throw in a bit of man bashing in it that was totally unnecessary. sigh.

if the REAL Ghostbuster section of the book wasn't so good, I'd be kicking these issues to the curb in protest... sigh.but i want to keep up on what's happening with the GOOD characters. so hopefully i will only have to suffer through a few issues.

other than that, bring on the good stuff!
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
not sure if there is one.but think there should be one...

I've bought more comics since IDW started than I think I've ever bought in the last ten years.

It's nice to see a company that largely takes the time to understand what makes older properties tick. Even stuff you think that doesn't need a continuation, like Galaxy Quest, turns out rather good.

I don't know how they get their teams together, but it's probably one of the better teams out there in comics.

My only complaint is this Ghostbusters101 comic. The REGULAR Ghostbuster section of the first Issue was amaze balls as usual. The Feigbusters section...man, even IDW can not save those characters. against my better judgment, I picked up issue two, and even managed to throw in a bit of man bashing in it that was totally unnecessary. sigh.

if the REAL Ghostbuster section of the book wasn't so good, I'd be kicking these issues to the curb in protest... sigh.but i want to keep up on what's happening with the GOOD characters. so hopefully i will only have to suffer through a few issues.

other than that, bring on the good stuff!
IDw does REALLY good with odd properties like GQ.... but I skipped GB101 out of zero desire to be further exposed to the farce of the new GBs film.... Get out now and rhn far, far away....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Vegita-San
Emperor

so was i. this is the only thing i've spent money on in relation to the feigbuster farce.

but their regular ghostbuster comics are so good, i don't want to miss out on the real stuff and will suffer through a few issues of the crappy in name only stuff.

Dan S did an interview recently, and 50% of his responses in regards to feigbusters read as pre scripted by sony

his partner on these books, as i read the interview, hadn't even SEEN the movie before they wrote this series, so i'm guessing those responses are a bit more real
Old 05-10-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

What I read of their Godzilla comics was surprisingly good.

Anyways, shouldn't this go under the books, comics, and other literature subforum?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I second that. I have only read their TMNT stuff and a few issues of Transformers, but everything I've seen is good.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why isn't this posted in the comic book section...?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #7
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post

Anyways, shouldn't this go under the books, comics, and other literature subforum?
i figured the everything else section was more populated .

and didn't belong in the tmnt section cause it covers other books too
Old 05-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #8
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I second that. I have only read their TMNT stuff and a few issues of Transformers, but everything I've seen is good.
OH!!
How could I have forgotten their Transformers comics?!
They're great! A perfect modern G1 that also includes a lot of characters from other TF series'. The character progression is great as well. Shockwave's story is one my favorites and it's really well done. Haven't kept up but it seems to be going good, apart from that whole Revolution thing.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

This is in the super wrong section.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

IDW made crappy Jurassic Park comics and ruined what could've been something great. Tristan himself pitched some great ideas to them and they ignored him. Apparently they will be doing more JP comics this year so let's hope they don't put their C-Team on it now that they know JP can make Star Wars numbers at the Box Office.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote