The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 06:47 AM   #121
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
AS long as the licens deal neca got is as it is. it will not happend.if it change to us retail then things will change .this is how neca can go around the deal they got and make the sets retail.if you Get the sets at the con you are getting the sets early(not something exclusive or special.just before the rest) and the rest has to wait fore it to Get "retail".but because neca dont want to be sued ther ass off and loose the deal.and work to Get a better deal.(because of good sale last sdcc us residens now can preorder at home and dont need to be on the con)they have to sell them as "bootlegs"(as you call them)from ther unoffical store in china to Get them retail worldwide.so stop complain and be happy fore wath neca does fore tmnt fans worldwide so all can Get them and at retail price.and not just a hand full without paying more on eBay
So you're saying the bootlegs are just a workaround for Neca to not honor their contract?

Good for collectors I guess. Shady business.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:51 AM   #122
Powder
So tired of this place

I do wonder about that...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #123
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

That's brilliant.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #124
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Wow, if NECA is actually doing that with those "fake" figures than they really are the best toy company ever.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #125
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
It always makes me wonder...a great community here on the techno drome forum but no-one will EVER say "hey I'll get a second set if you want one, I'll only charge you the going rate as I'm doing a fellow fan a favour, then buyer just covers P&P". Seems sad, I would always be willing to help another TMNT fan out, but I've not seen that here.
Quit complaining. I buy lots of postage on eBay at a discount so that I can sell items to people overseas at actual price + actual shipping and still make a profit. The only person here that won't give me a good reference is CanadianDrome

Seriously though, buying postage at a discount allows me to do this. I was going to make mention
of the overseas shipping thing, but you already brought it up.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 06-01-2017 at 08:28 AM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #126
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
So you're saying the bootlegs are just a workaround for Neca to not honor their contract?

Good for collectors I guess. Shady business.
Neca have (and still do)workaround before and they love to show people that ass fist them the finger.
If you look close on how the tube turtles and the con sets are sold,quality etc there is a big difference how it's done.
Now I will say it's important that the con sells out to keep the TMNT goddess from neca comming and that Viacom can see its a marked fore good collector figures and perhaps change how the master license works or puts pressure on playmates to loses up and let others make more good toys.
so I rekomend that all that can buy from neca do it and army build from China and let the scalpters on eBay keep their 500+++ sets.good fore collectors bad fore scalpters��

Last edited by The Purple Dragon; 06-01-2017 at 09:41 AM.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #127
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Part of their current license restrictions is that they have to sell their figures in a set.

Here's a nice vid from Pixel Dan regarding this set
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qTY6AOPLJeg
I am curious if boxed sets are a part of their license restriction how did they sell the clam shell turtles? The ones from the first comic release that came individually with their diorama parts. I had stopped collecting back then so am a little out of the know.

Turtle Tuesdays should be interesting for a while.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #128
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I am curious if boxed sets are a part of their license restriction how did they sell the clam shell turtles? The ones from the first comic release that came individually with their diorama parts. I had stopped collecting back then so am a little out of the know.

Turtle Tuesdays should be interesting for a while.
That's way back in 2008, dude. It was a different license altogether.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #129
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The turtles are the same, yes. Though at least Raph has new sai.
I thought so, thanks! That case alone is just too cool.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:05 AM   #130
funatic
Mad Scientist

Hmm these are fun but I feel like there's SO many variations of Fred Wolf characters out now... would really have loved to see an expanded Mirage lineup with Casey and Splinter. Or how about a NECA set of IDW turtles and Old Hob! I guess the market will forever favor the blockbuster cashcow that was Fred Wolf, but when we're talking comic con exclusives we could really get a little more obscure, right NECA? I'll keep my fingers crossed for NYCC, though I won't be surprised if we get a followup set of Bebob & Rocksteady.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:09 AM   #131
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Why does everyone think the market is saturated with FW? I only count one set. The SH Figuarts line, I don't really consider Playmates CC since they were inspired by FW but more like the 1988 basic figure line. I think we needed these as they are pretty much the perfect representation of FW

I'm sure someone will argue this but hey it's what makes us different
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #132
imevilduckie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Why does everyone think the market is saturated with FW? I only count one set. The SH Figuarts line, I don't really consider Playmates CC since they were inspired by FW but more like the 1988 basic figure line. I think we needed these as they are pretty much the perfect representation of FW

I'm sure someone will argue this but hey it's what makes us different
Hey, something we agree on!
imevilduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:12 AM   #133
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
AS long as the licens deal neca got is as it is. it will not happend.if it change to us retail then things will change .this is how neca can go around the deal they got and make the sets retail.if you Get the sets at the con you are getting the sets early(not something exclusive or special.just before the rest) and the rest has to wait fore it to Get "retail".but because neca dont want to be sued ther ass off and loose the deal.and work to Get a better deal.(because of good sale last sdcc us residens now can preorder at home and dont need to be on the con)they have to sell them as "bootlegs"(as you call them)from ther unoffical store in china to Get them retail worldwide.so stop complain and be happy fore wath neca does fore tmnt fans worldwide so all can Get them and at retail price.and not just a hand full without paying more on eBay
What the hell, “stop complaining”…I’m not complaining. How did you even construe my post as complaining? I’m more than happy, I’m over the moon with this set. It’s what I’ve always dreamed of since I was about 8 years old (aside from no Splinter or April ). I am just suggesting to NECA that…OK as you put it the “early sets” have serialisation. I’m not a serious toy collector, just a TMNT fan who loves the FW era. BUT there are serious collectors, lots of them. One’s that won’t even open their figures. I’m sure they would like to know, if in 5 years’ time they are buying a set off eBay, they would like to know if they have one of the “early sets” from SDCC, or one of the “retail” sets from China.

By the way, I do still regard the original Mirage set from China as knock offs/bootlegs, as they have no ab-crunch, material/feel is slightly different and also quality is sometimes debatable (parts coming off). So they are not the same build quality as the official sets. Oh sorry I meant the retail sets aren’t as good as the early sets.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:14 AM   #134
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

just got confirmation this set is 200
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/d...mnt-boxed-set/
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #135
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

This is their Aliens SDCC exclusive this year. "Sewer mutation alien warrior" aka a pizza monster homage from the FW cartoon.
http://news.toyark.com/2017/06/02/se...clusive-254608

This one figure will only be available to attendees and thru their Alien Club online

img

The bio is a nice merging of Aliens lore with the plot of the cartoon episode.

In regards to the TMNT collector's set- take note- JUNE 20th for preorders
free picture upload

Last edited by Lil Karai; 06-02-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #136
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Marked that date down, thanks!
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #137
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
This is their Aliens SDCC exclusive this year. "Sewer mutation alien warrior" aka a pizza monster homage from the FW cartoon.
http://news.toyark.com/2017/06/02/se...clusive-254608

This one figure will only be available to attendees and thru their Alien Club online
https://s10.postimg.org/3nyg422pl/IMG_9832.png

https://s10.postimg.org/r3gd9emgp/IMG_9833.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/kr17zkjeh/IMG_9834.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/hy80fjj21/IMG_9835.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/nno8zup89/IMG_9836.jpg

img

The bio is a nice merging of Aliens lore with the plot of the cartoon episode.

In regards to the TMNT collector's set- take note- JUNE 20th for preorders
https://s18.postimg.org/hlv8cyq5l/IMG_9837.jpgfree picture upload
Oh crap, they actually went for it!!
I knew that new head sculpt was eventually gonna be used for some Requiem Xenos, but this is a neat way to get it out there first.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #138
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
What the hell, “stop complaining”…I’m not complaining. How did you even construe my post as complaining? I’m more than happy, I’m over the moon with this set. It’s what I’ve always dreamed of since I was about 8 years old (aside from no Splinter or April ). I am just suggesting to NECA that…OK as you put it the “early sets” have serialisation. I’m not a serious toy collector, just a TMNT fan who loves the FW era. BUT there are serious collectors, lots of them. One’s that won’t even open their figures. I’m sure they would like to know, if in 5 years’ time they are buying a set off eBay, they would like to know if they have one of the “early sets” from SDCC, or one of the “retail” sets from China.

By the way, I do still regard the original Mirage set from China as knock offs/bootlegs, as they have no ab-crunch, material/feel is slightly different and also quality is sometimes debatable (parts coming off). So they are not the same build quality as the official sets. Oh sorry I meant the retail sets aren’t as good as the early sets.
Now I wasn't referring directly to you,but there have been a lot off complaints about price,exclusive and why they don't number the sets.now if you are not a serious collector why bother asking them to number the sets??.as off now it doesn't matter if you get the set from sdcc or china because they are off same quality.now I don't say there will be some rejected in between and whene the original batch are sold out we will see lesser quality bootlegs of the popular sets.its doubtful we will see it on the arcade set possibly the nycc set and most likely this year sdcc set but time will tell.
If you did look at my last post I did say its a big difference in quality etc in the old mirage tube sets and last year sdcc set and to date so it's no reason to be rude.i got some sets of both original and bootlegs,so I know the difference and I can tell you that I got some of the first bootlegs and they hold better than my originals.

Last edited by The Purple Dragon; 06-02-2017 at 05:50 PM.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:42 PM   #139
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

I would guarantee there are far more than 5000 of this set.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:54 AM   #140
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

That throwback case is sweet, I still have my original one. It would be cool if Neca released a 3-pack foot solider set or another type of accessory pack to go with this set.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote