The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 09: Kagayake! Kintaro

The 3rd and final part of the Usagi arc

Quote:
As they reach their destination, Usagi and the Turtles must help Kintaro fulfill his destiny.
It's now up on ITunes, so discuss away

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

My favourite episode of third Arc by far. Loved the entire action.
Leo throws his Katana to Jei's Chest. Once more they dont censure those parts
But Jei dies falling from the bridge thanks to Usagi. And you can know he is really dead because animators did draw a skull of a dead wolf.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:43 AM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

Given all the talk of his immortality and his abilities in the books, I doubt he's really "dead" - even with the skull (I can't remember if they ever did that for Jei in the books). However, he might as well be, as he's obviously never showing up again.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Now THAT, was worthy of following the first part of this arc. Masterfully done, damn. Can't believe they had the Neko Clan, in white & meowing, no less!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:55 AM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題

"When you understand others, their strength can become yours."

This is such a great line.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:01 AM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Great episode.

Loved the final fight and I like how everything went red so they could get away with things that should of been censored.

Jei ain't dead because he's immortal so he will just possess someone else body but I expect they have to be near him for him to do that.

I had a feeling that we don't see the turtles arrive home as we didn't see them leave.

As Usagi has the trinkets he can probably summon the Turtles again but as this is the last season, we won't see it. But fanfic writers probably can come up with an ideas.

Due to production order this is the final episode before the future arc so it's kind of sad that this is technically the last time we see the turtles as teenagers.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:09 AM   #7
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

Due to production order this is the final episode before the future arc so it's kind of sad that this is technically the last time we see the turtles as teenagers.
Probably in the first episode of the last arc, right at the beginning and before the temporary jump, we could see a scene of them as teenagers
Old 08-06-2017, 03:21 AM   #8
Vicky82
Emperor

That moment when they were fighting those Ninja cats and one of them nearly cuts Mikey's arm off and we see him with out no arm (but he had it in his shell). I wonder if that's foreshadowing that Mikey isn't going to have no arm in the final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Probably in the first episode of the last arc, right at the beginning and before the temporary jump, we could see a scene of them as teenagers
Yeah maybe

Old 08-06-2017, 03:26 AM   #9
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Such an awesome episode! My favourite out of all them this arc. If only they did something more in the second episode then this arc would be perfect.

And for the people who say theres no character development since season 2, watch this episode. Kintaro turned from an annoying brat into such an awesome dude. I just wish Leo and Usagi connected on a higher level.
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:42 AM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

I'm really surprised that they got away with Leo throwing his Katan into Jei's chest and you see it sticking out of his back and it was left like it for a couple of minutes while he was fighting Usagi.

I don't think the British Censors will like that. If they wouldn't show April putting the knife in Ho Chan chest in Chinatown Ghost Story I doubt they will show this. Find out on Friday when it's aired.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:45 AM   #11
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Dude everyone has the season 5 in their respective countries, and in mine they have not even premiered it
Old 08-06-2017, 03:55 AM   #12
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Dude everyone has the season 5 in their respective countries, and in mine they have not even premiered it
Maybe it's because they want to air it in production order.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:55 AM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I'm really surprised that they got away with Leo throwing his Katan into Jei's chest and you see it sticking out of his back and it was left like it for a couple of minutes while he was fighting Usagi.

I don't think the British Censors will like that. If they wouldn't show April putting the knife in Ho Chan chest in Chinatown Ghost Story I doubt they will show this. Find out on Friday when it's aired.
It depends what they can get away with for the certificate too, it's usually PG but I noticed that the season 2 DVD set is a cert 12 (not sure of US rating).
Looking forward to catching up on the new eps this week.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:10 AM   #14
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
It depends what they can get away with for the certificate too, it's usually PG but I noticed that the season 2 DVD set is a cert 12 (not sure of US rating).
Looking forward to catching up on the new eps this week.
Yeah it's a 12 on 1 disc (the other 3 are PG), don't know which disc it is though.

12 and 12A for UK is PG13 for USA

Old 08-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #15
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

This was leagues better than the second part, and about on par with the first one.

I really like how Kintaro unlocked his power, and how Leo had a bit of a hand in doing so by trying to have a real conversation with him. While it was an interesting twist that Kintaro had to give up selfishness to become the powerful being he had the potential to be, my favorite twist was that Jei never even let go of his control of the Turtles to begin with. It caught me completely off guard, but it made a lot of sense.

The dialogue was nothing great, but it was damn better than last week's train-explosion in this department. The action was excellent. I'm pretty sure this ep had more storyboarders credited at the beginning than the average episode, and it shows. The lighting, the shots, the pans, it all felt very cinematic especially at the climax. Usagi vs. Jei was easily my favorite part of the entire episode due to these factors as well as the fluid animation.

I really appreciated that the Turtles actually did something in this arc. They could have easily written it as a Usagi arc feat. the Turtles, but they give Jei the upper hand and, as previously mentioned, Leo is very instrumental to Kintaro unlocking his true power. The humor was nice here, no Season 1 by any means, but Mikey's spit coming back and hitting Raph did get a good laugh out of me as did most of the other jokes.

Overall, I'm really glad this show still had enough steam in it by this point to produce this ep and Yojimbo. Hopefully this can translate to future episodes of similar quality. But for now, I've got two episodes to gleefully rewatch.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #16
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

love how wicked sweet this ep is!!! also dont think anyone else caught it yet but think its awesome how they got away w/ showing blood (or at least might be blood) during the red sky section, look closely at the spear tip

Spoiler:

Aside from that, like how over the course of this arc, jei kept his control on them suppressed until the right moment, pretty sure thats why their heads hurt so much - it was a side effect of jeis influence on what he wanted

just caught something else that i think is weird.... in this second image, it looks like a tiny portion of jeis spirit is in or covering leos sword... and with how usagis eyes appear to slightly be glowing, anyone else think that jei MIGHT be in usagi?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ashwolf; 08-06-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #17
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
anyone else think that jei MIGHT be in usagi?
I would think that part of Jei's soul is now in Leo's katana (like a Horcrux)
Old 08-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #18
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
anyone else think that jei MIGHT be in usagi?
Maybe...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #19
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Sumo Kuma being the high priest brainwashed by Jei. I did not see that coming.

I knew that Jei referring the Turtles as his puppets will come back to haunt us.

Red cloud appearing, perfect set up for a showdown.

To be honest, I kinda wish to see Sumo Kuma have a surprised reaction to seeing Usagi and the Turtles alive.

I almost thought that there would be an avalanche in the snow mountain segment.

I wonder what would happen if Gennedy Tartakovsky was involved as a guest writer for this arc.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #20
Vicky82
Emperor

I wonder if The red sky was a reference to the 80s turtles red sky seasons.