The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spidey And His Amazing Friends (Disney Junior)

Marvel's first pre-school animated series

Quote:
Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment announced today during their panel at Disney's D23 Expo, a new original animated series for Disney Junior, “Marvel’s Spidey and His Amazing Friends.” Geared toward preschoolers and their families, the series is set to debut in 2021 and will be the first full-length Marvel series for the Disney Junior audience.

Our favorite neighborhood web-slinger is used to working solo, but now Peter Parker must discover what it takes to become a truly amazing super hero: being a spider friend who works well with others. Together with his friends Miles Morales and Gwen AKA Ghost-Spider, they will team up with heroes such as Hulk, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel, to defeat evil foes and learn that teamwork is the best way to save the day.

“Preschool kids already love Spidey, so they’ll be delighted to have Peter Parker thwipping across their screens in this new series” said Cort Lane, senior vice president, Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment. He added, “Everyone at Marvel is thrilled to launch our first preschool series on Disney Junior, the gold standard platform for the audience. We believe parents and kids will be excited about these stories filled with themes of friendship, cooperation, solving problems and using your abilities to help others.”

Joe D'Ambrosia, senior vice president, Original Programming and General Manager, Disney Junior said "We're thrilled to be working with Marvel on this new series showcasing the exciting adventures of Spidey and his friends as they model the importance of teamwork and helping others in their community. This is the perfect series to introduce preschoolers to the super hero powers of friendship and working together to help others in need."

“Marvel’s Spidey and His Amazing Friends” is executive produced by Alan Fine ("Marvel's The Avengers"), Joe Quesada (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), Dan Buckley (“Marvel’s Spider-Man”), Cort Lane (“Ultimate Spider-Man”), and Eric Radomski (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”); co-executive produced by Marsha Griffin (“Marvel’s Spider-Man”), and supervising producer Harrison Wilcox (“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy”). Alfred Gimeno (“Marvel Rising”) serves as supervising animation producer, and Ashley Mendoza (“PJ Masks”) as story editor.
https://www.newsarama.com/46675-spid...disney-jr.html
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:16 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Spoiler:

Looks cute I guess but does Spider-Man really work when directly targeted towards the Dora the Explorer age range? I don't exactly expect every version of Spider-Man to have Gwen break her neck or Kraven blowing his brains out, but we are talking about a character who feels guilty over being the indirect cause of a family member's death. What are they going to do instead? Have him let the thief steal a pizza being delivered to Uncle Ben?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:26 AM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Is there really any need for these hero and superhero cartoons and comics aimed at the youngest children? Isn't there a risk they get tired of it instead?

Picking up the ordinary cartoons and comics will not be as exciting when reach the age around 6 or something.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Looks cute I guess but does Spider-Man really work when directly targeted towards the Dora the Explorer age range? What are they going to do instead?
I doubt they'll even touch on that. My guess is it'll be a copy of PJ masks.

Quote:
Is there really any need for these hero and superhero cartoons and comics aimed at the youngest children? Isn't there a risk they get tired of it instead?
I dunno. I've been a Batman fan since I was that age. I used to watch the old Adam West show. When I got older, I jumped into the Keaton films and then TAS. It was nice having fresh and incarnations of the character to see.

On top of that, Disney is more or less the only game in town anymore. If people get sick of Spidey, there's not much else they can do.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bat-Fatigue is kind of setting in now too, it used to be a gurantee we'd get new movies, cartoons and games every year...bit by bit that's steadily declined this decade, and even the comics aren't selling that hot anymore due to Tom King's woeful run.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #6
sdp
-

Could be fun, Marvel Superhero Squad which came out like ten years ago had potential but apparently it was horrible right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Is there really any need for these hero and superhero cartoons and comics aimed at the youngest children? .
What do you mean? Superheroes are for kids and from what i've seen Disney Jr skews higher than Nick Jr.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:38 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Looks cute I guess but does Spider-Man really work when directly targeted towards the Dora the Explorer age range? I don't exactly expect every version of Spider-Man to have Gwen break her neck or Kraven blowing his brains out, but we are talking about a character who feels guilty over being the indirect cause of a family member's death. What are they going to do instead? Have him let the thief steal a pizza being delivered to Uncle Ben?
They just won't bring it up.

But c'mon, Spider-Man isn't exactly the most difficult character to kiddyfy. He's not The Punisher.

I can see him just stopping bank robberies or silly food fights and stupid things like Doc Ock wanting to rob a bakery or whatever. Maybe Green Goblin attacks a school he can finally be Prom King. Silly stuff like that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:04 AM   #10
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Looks like what I'd expect from a Disney Junior show. I'm sure a lot of kids under 10 will dig it.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:04 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Titles

I mean looks cute enough. And hey, Hulk, Black Panther, Miss Marvel. Just cute harmless fun. I hope.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote