The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #81
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
The heads aren't as smooth as my pics make out.
They have a textured top working down to a smooth face. I'm liking the whole package to be honest.
Don in a coat and hat will be pretty amazing, and then Mikey with his skateboard. And of course the must have completion of the pizza !! Haha!!
I feel just in general that pictures of these don't do them justice. I found Casey and Shredder to be better in person than any pics of them.

On a side note my Leo and Raph are being delivered, so I'll know how they are soon.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #82
DVD
Mad Scientist

Oh yes. My photography skills don't do any figures justice.
I'm sure that anyone who gets these figures will be delighted with them.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #83
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Why do you guys like figures that doesn't resemble any of the turtle's reincarnations?
and you give sheet to playmates for making inaccurate figures. SMFH
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:52 AM   #84
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Why do you guys like figures that doesn't resemble any of the turtle's reincarnations?
and you give sheet to playmates for making inaccurate figures. SMFH
Because, these figures that are made by DreamEX are not meant to be a exact recreation of a existing TMNT style, it's DreamEX's in-house own design.

Playmates was making figures meant to be a representation of existing official designs, like their now canceled Classics line. Their 1987 Fred Wolf Cartoon figures looked nothing like either the on-screen designs of the Turtles nor the vintage 1988 action figure designs, and their Movie Classics figures was completely off-base.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:44 AM   #85
DVD
Mad Scientist

I like that there are variations on the designs.
Different designs, scales etc make for interesting displays.

Here's a bunch of Raph's !!

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #86
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Their 1987 Fred Wolf Cartoon figures looked nothing like either the on-screen designs of the Turtles nor the vintage 1988 action figure designs
Peeps be way too critical of those figures. Just sayin'.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #87
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Peeps be way too critical of those figures. Just sayin'.
I disagree. Playmates deserves every single criticism when it comes to the mishandling of the Classics line.

For goodnes sake, the shell on the 1987 Classics don't even cover their ass properly.

Spoiler:

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 AM   #88
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Donnie https://www.elljay-hobby-collection....-tmnt-dreamex/

Mikey https://www.elljay-hobby-collection....-tmnt-dreamex/
Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #89
Coro
Mad Scientist

These things are gorgeous, but man I hate seeing the real life pics.

Does anyone know where I can still get a Shredder?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #90
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I SOOO wish these guys were the ones who designed the most recent live action movies...
Old 02-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #91
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Em Donnie trench coat shots tho!

Wish so hard they all had them!!!!!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #92
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Leo and Raph arrived. Heads are definitely smoother than the body but do look better in person. Some accessories (comm) feel really cheap and some really nice ... the weapons rock. Metal! My raph has what looks like a fingerprint, and some missing paint flecks, on his plastron where it looks like someone pushed a still-drying figure into the foam... Leo has the fingerprinty pattern too but all his paint fortunately still there. Their plastrons are very very squishy so it may also be a ripple effect in the paint from being depressed and not a fingerprint. If it weren't for the size and accessories I'd say they feel kinda cheap...still happy with them though I wish I didn't have paint chips on Raph.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #93
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Don/Mikey up for preorder on BBTS.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #94
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Here's some more info:
http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/21/dr...56#more-244256
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #95
Coro
Mad Scientist

So at long last I got a 1/6th scale Shredder. I waited too long for the NT-02 so I cancelled it and got the DREAM-EX one. I like the look of this one better anyway. Everything shipped solid and arrived well from LunarToyStore.

I have to say this think is PHENOMINAL. I was surprised at how sturdy it is compared to my Hot Toys Vader. I know there are a few issues with him as to what he was included with, but the way I want to pose him? Perfection to me. I did have a bit of an issue with a wrist joint that I will talk to Lunar about, but much like the NECA movie turtles, you have to see this thing in person to truly appreciate it. Shredder came out AMAZINGLY well here. I dont like their turtles, but this Shredder is on point. If you are looking for one, give this guy a very hard look before pulling the trigger on anything else.

After the amazing quality of this...can anyone recommend a place to get a Casey other than eBay or something?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #96
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
So at long last I got a 1/6th scale Shredder. I waited too long for the NT-02 so I cancelled it and got the DREAM-EX one. I like the look of this one better anyway. Everything shipped solid and arrived well from LunarToyStore.

I have to say this think is PHENOMINAL. I was surprised at how sturdy it is compared to my Hot Toys Vader. I know there are a few issues with him as to what he was included with, but the way I want to pose him? Perfection to me. I did have a bit of an issue with a wrist joint that I will talk to Lunar about, but much like the NECA movie turtles, you have to see this thing in person to truly appreciate it. Shredder came out AMAZINGLY well here. I dont like their turtles, but this Shredder is on point. If you are looking for one, give this guy a very hard look before pulling the trigger on anything else.

After the amazing quality of this...can anyone recommend a place to get a Casey other than eBay or something?
Looks like BBTS is the only place that still has Casey in stock for a reasonable price on a quick look.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #97
cloud
Stone Warrior

I picked up my Leo and Raph yesterday. I opened both of them today and noticed that my Raph is missing his cross arms. Email Lunar toys to see what they can do.
I'm also noticing that both turtles are missing a small pouch. Each turtle come with one small pouch and one large pouch. But the product descriptions says there's 2 small pouches that comes with the turtles.....

Leonardo
Accessory Bandana Duel Shoulder Strap Belt Wrist Guard X2 Small Pouch X2 Big Pouch Dagger Pouch

Raphael
Accessory Bandana Duel Shoulder Strap Belt Wrist Guard Small Pouch X2 ´óƤ°ü Big Pouch ±Á´ø
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #98
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I picked up my Leo and Raph yesterday. I opened both of them today and noticed that my Raph is missing his cross arms. Email Lunar toys to see what they can do.
I'm also noticing that both turtles are missing a small pouch. Each turtle come with one small pouch and one large pouch. But the product descriptions says there's 2 small pouches that comes with the turtles.....

Leonardo
Accessory Bandana Duel Shoulder Strap Belt Wrist Guard X2 Small Pouch X2 Big Pouch Dagger Pouch

Raphael
Accessory Bandana Duel Shoulder Strap Belt Wrist Guard Small Pouch X2 ´óƤ°ü Big Pouch ±Á´ø
How do you like the figures? I'm really on the fence based on some people's pictures. But I really love Shred and Casey.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #99
cloud
Stone Warrior

Sorry for the late reply. Wanted to tell you how I feel about them after I get a chance to.
At first I thought they weren't that great but after playing around with them for a while, I like more and more. The concern of metal weapons is that it might be too heavy for the figures to hold poses but so far the joints are sturdy enough to hold some cool pose.
The pizzas slices that come with the turtles could use a better paint job and a bit detailed sculpt.
The biggest thing that will bug people are the style of these turtles. They feel like a hybrid of the Fred Wolf toon +2k3 + 2007 movie. Pretty much DreamEx's own style. Very much like how Mondo's design combined the vintage Playmates figure design with Mirage comic look. If you can get past that and you like 1:6 figures then these might appeal to you.

True to 1:6 figure there's quite a bit of fabric pieces. I like the included pouches that you can clip on their belts and you can store the throwing stars or pizza in the big pouch if you like. Even the grapple hook can be clipped on the belt.

The accessories and the 2 different head sculpts gives me lots of ideas to pose them in different poses. But probably everyone's favorite will be the white eyes head sculpt. Wish the more mutual expression head with pupils can have a bit more personality instead of all 4 turtles sharing the same sculpt.

Articulation is the part that's a bit disappointing. The elbow and knees are only on a single joints with moving range similar to the Mondo turtles. Pretty much 90 degrees or less.
Others have pointed out that the hands are hard to swap around which is true. May need help with a hair dryer. With the softer plastic being used, I would avoid hot water.

The stands are pretty much useless btw, doesn't work with the turtle shell.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #100
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

I spotted some pictures of Mikey and Donnie on Twitter, so I guess that means all the Turtles have been released now.

Anyone know if Krang has been cancelled?
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote