Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-22-2020, 11:35 PM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

January 2021 Solicitations

TMNT #113

Spoiler:

Karai searches for two new powerful mutants who could tip the balance of power in New York City. Meanwhile a familiar character from the future arrives with a most unusual quest! All of this AND the return of Bebop & Rocksteady? Don’t miss the start of an exciting new story arc as Sophie Campbell returns to interior art!
Sophie Campbell (a & w & c)

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #113—Cover B: Kevin Eastman—Spotlight
Sophie Campbell (w) • Jodie Nishijima (a) • Kevin Eastman (c)

TMNT: Jennika II #3 (of 6)

Spoiler:

Deep underground, Jennika comes face-to-face with the source of the new mutant monsters plaguing New York City! To save her community, Jennika will have to confront a TMNT villain she has never fought before!

Brahm Revel (w & a & c)

FC • 36 pages • $4.99

TMNT: Best of Leonardo

Spoiler:

Leonardo the leader is the last up in our line of TMNT “Best of” books! Read the greatest Leonardo-centric stories from past and present with this accessible and engaging collection of one-shot Leo stories!

Misc. (w) • Misc. (a) • James Biggie (c)

FC • 100 pages • $5.99
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:51 PM   #2
funatic
Mad Scientist

whoah whoah here comes some time travel!!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:59 AM   #3
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

the weasel girls look bad ass. looks like al's missing part of an ear now too.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:15 AM   #4
hypered1
Mad Scientist

So I've done some hunting around and I can't find anything on the Best of Michelangelo collection that's supposed to be before the Leonardo issue above, which the cover number and description indicate is #4 of 4.
It's also odd that the Leo issue is releasing two months after the Don issue which in turn is two months after the Raph issue, so the bi-monthly pattern is continuing.
I don't know if it's got something to do with the Mike macro also being in the Volume 12 hardback which is also releases in January, but the Leo Macro is going to be in it too.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:26 AM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like were getting an IDW version of Future Raph. This is a great nod to the Archie Comics.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:37 AM   #6
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looks like were getting an IDW version of Future Raph. This is a great nod to the Archie Comics.
I'm guessing that you're referring to the turtle with the eyepatch but it's hard to tell which turtle is which in that picture except for Donnie going by the rivets in his shell, which also curiously are in his front carapace too I've noticed.
Going by a few details like positioning, height and attire, I think from left to right its Raph, Mike, Leo, Don and Jen.
Raph because he's nearest Alopex, Jen because of the hood and Mike because he's the shortest, which leaves Leo as the one in middle.

Last edited by hypered1; 10-23-2020 at 04:43 AM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:44 AM   #7
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I'm guessing that you're referring to the turtle with the eyepatch but it's hard to tell which turtle is which in that picture except for Donnie going by the rivets in his shell, which also curiously are in his front carapace too I've noticed.
Hopefully its Future Raph. I wonder if this issue will be a reference to the Future Shark Trilogy storyline from the Archie Comics. It looks we will be seeing the future versions of the turtles. So I wonder the present day turtles will be going to the future. And I wonder who the big bad is. Maybe we will get an IDW version of Armaggon which would be cool.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:58 AM   #8
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Wondering if these "two new powerful mutants" are brand new characters or the IDW debut of a certain pair from a previous incarnation.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:08 AM   #9
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I gotta say it. Raph just had to keep playing with his sai's. I still can't believe how punk mushroom is.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:33 AM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

Awesome cover to #113.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #11
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Oooh it's finally getting interesting again!
Now we got 4 ongoing futur stories:
-Futur IDW
-The Last Ronin
-TMNT 2030
-The Forever War.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:08 AM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

No one wants to be in the present anymore. Even a fictional present isn't good enough. In the words of an elderly woman from Happy Gilmore, "Mistah, mistah! Get me out of here!!"
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

I'd like to ask all the post-#100 naysayers to take a good, long look at that cover. It's called "build-up" for a reason.

Also, the way all the characters behind Lita are presented makes me think they're dead in her future.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of weird to point this out but there's now 6 mutant turtles and two female ones.

As for Karai getting more mutants, well Koya/Bludgeon have repeatedly been jobbers their entire run, I can't even remember if they ever won a single fight against the Turtles but I don't think so. It's part of the reason I was hoping they would die in issue 100 because they don't really seem like a threat at all anymore and they're just there now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I'd like to ask all the post-#100 naysayers to take a good, long look at that cover. It's called "build-up" for a reason.
The second, even more unique (albino) of two new female turtles, is now taking center stage as a super special savior figure in a series where long-established characters are cast aside or neutered.

You say build-up, I say Deviantart.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The second, even more unique (albino) of two new female turtles, is now taking center stage as a super special savior figure in a series where long-established characters are cast aside or neutered.

Absolutely.

When's the last time the four OG Turtles mattered in this series?
Old 10-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

You say Deviantart, I say wait. Patience is a virtue. How can you say long-established characters are cast aside or neutered when the first arc after #100 was all about the Turtles finding their way back to each other after Splinter's death and being helped along in that process by their longtime foe-turned-mentor? That's character development right there. And what about the issue that came out days ago, focused on Raph and Leo? Is that casting them aside? Sure, the cast is humongous right now, and Jennika is being pushed for marketing reasons, but we're getting to each of the old characters in turn. Karai is at the forefront of the #113 solicitation and we know there's paneltime for Casey coming up, Saki is the king of character development right now... Sorry, I don't see it. I had a cornea transplant a few years back that has decompensated in recent months, that must be why. /s These things take time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Absolutely.

When's the last time the four OG Turtles mattered in this series?
Last Wednesday?
Old 10-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #18
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Last Wednesday?
Having a bike race with a lady hog matters?
Old 10-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #19
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Having a bike race with a lady hog matters?
Winning a bike from a race with a lady hog does. Honestly, how can we know what matters until we see it unfold? Robert Kirkman didn't introduce the most popular character in The Walking Dead until literally 100 issues in, and I guarantee you it wouldn't have had the same impact, considering how said character chose to introduce himself, if it had happened much earlier. We have to learn to wait and enjoy things as they unfold rather than be all anxious about getting to the end of the journey at once. But hey, that's just my perspective. I aim to enjoy things. You do you. I'm not looking to pick a fight here, just making a point that all the constant negativity can get very grating very fast, and it's silly to feel that way before we even get a chance to see what's important and what's not for the future of the series. And there's only one way to do that, which is actually waiting and seeing how it all shakes out. The IDW crew has earned that.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 10-23-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:58 AM   #20
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Winning a bike from a race with a lady hog does. Honestly, how can we know what matters until we see it unfold? Robert Kirkman didn't introduce the most popular character in The Walking Dead until literally 100 issues in, and I guarantee you it wouldn't have had the same impact, considering how said character chose to introduce himself, if it had happened much earlier. We have to learn to wait and enjoy things as they unfold rather than be all anxious about getting to the end of the journey at once. But hey, that's just my perspective. I aim to enjoy things. You do you. I'm not looking to pick a fight here, just making a point that all the constant negativity can get very grating very fast, and it's silly to feel that way before we even get a chance to see what's important and what's not for the future of the series. And there's only one way to do that, which is actually waiting and seeing how it all shakes out. The IDW crew has earned that.
Finally, someone here who isn't all doom and gloom. I'm in the same kind of boat. I like to enjoy things. I tend to just go with the flow. We're in a mutant ghetto now? Okay. I wonder where that will go. Honestly. Y'all could stand some positivity.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote