The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #1181
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

So what's the deal on distribution of the Human Karai? I've looked high and low and no luck. Surprised to not see that many listings on eBay either....
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #1182
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Honestly stores around me didn't even bother stocking much new material this year, I guess the sales are stagnant, seeing as they still had Movie figures choking up space. So, I haven't seen any new stuff this holiday season, of course I don't buy into this line any longer, but I do like to check it out every now and again.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #1183
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
So what's the deal on distribution of the Human Karai? I've looked high and low and no luck. Surprised to not see that many listings on eBay either....
Seems like most online retailers sell out fast. I've seen one local at TRU on December 18th when shopping for the kid. I think it takes quite some time for certain figures to start showing up big. I'm now noticing a lot more of the dream beavers, stockman-fly, serpent Karai, and atilla. Those use to be VHTF.

Not sure why eBay doesn't have that many listed. One idea is that maybe the collector/scalper types want to hold onto her for themselves because it is a good figure.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:37 AM   #1184
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Honestly stores around me didn't even bother stocking much new material this year, I guess the sales are stagnant, seeing as they still had Movie figures choking up space. So, I haven't seen any new stuff this holiday season, of course I don't buy into this line any longer, but I do like to check it out every now and again.
This, very much this. I haven't checked the local TRU right before Xmas, but early December they had nothing new, it's all PDOotS and wannabee-Mashers stuff sprinkled with primarily wave 1, ooze tossers and the newest figures are a odd baxterfly and maybe a vision quest turtle here and there.

Other smaller stores are giving TMNT less and less space, the one store I checked right before Xmas had just one peg with Turtles and it was PDootS figures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:12 AM   #1185
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

My local walmart had a human karai last night.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #1186
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
This, very much this. I haven't checked the local TRU right before Xmas, but early December they had nothing new, it's all PDOotS and wannabee-Mashers stuff sprinkled with primarily wave 1, ooze tossers and the newest figures are a odd baxterfly and maybe a vision quest turtle here and there.

Other smaller stores are giving TMNT less and less space, the one store I checked right before Xmas had just one peg with Turtles and it was PDootS figures.
My local Target has almost NOTHING. And they haven't restocked in weeks.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:21 AM   #1187
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Most of the ones here in Pittsburgh had nothing before Christmas, they got one shipment that sold out, never restocked.
I ask to see if they have anymore and explain the Super Shredder situation to them and they don't give a crap and tell me what they have out is out.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #1188
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Playmates toyline is probably selling really poorly over the last year. I'm not sure surprised they're getting reduced shelf space and less orders.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:49 PM   #1189
Powder
So tired of this place

I'd love to know what their numbers are like myself.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:50 AM   #1190
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I have 4 Targets by me and they all had low stock on TMNT (one had only one figure out) but I did manage to get Super Shredder, Super Ninja Don and Raph. One had all the Spyline figures but only picked up Leo. I'm digging the Super Ninjas, they have pretty good paint apps. Maybe Playmates is stepping up their game now that all these other companies are kicking their butts
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #1191
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

So... I visited TRU today, just to see if anything interesting have popped up.

Nope.

The TMNT shelf is now only 1/3rd of what it was, the pegs had plenty of OotS stuff (basic figures, deluxe and giants) a couple of Donatellos from the Mashers wannabes, and pegs filled with purple cards of squirrelanoids and Kraangs. A couple of mousers and toddler Turtles.

For vehicles there was the OotS truck and the Leo four wheeler bike.

Hilariously the QC was way off on the OotS deluxe sound effect figures with missing limbs and heads

I'm cautiously optimistic that it's the last batch they want to sell out before getting new stuff, but.... eh...
Old 01-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #1192
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
So... I visited TRU today, just to see if anything interesting have popped up.

Nope.

The TMNT shelf is now only 1/3rd of what it was, the pegs had plenty of OotS stuff (basic figures, deluxe and giants) a couple of Donatellos from the Mashers wannabes, and pegs filled with purple cards of squirrelanoids and Kraangs. A couple of mousers and toddler Turtles.

For vehicles there was the OotS truck and the Leo four wheeler bike.

Hilariously the QC was way off on the OotS deluxe sound effect figures with missing limbs and heads

I'm cautiously optimistic that it's the last batch they want to sell out before getting new stuff, but.... eh...
They don't usually get new trucks for a few weeks after the holidays. They are dealing with all the returns, emptying out the leftover layaways, and bringing down all the over stock.

I'd say first truck would be at end of Jan. But it's been years since I worked there. Could have changed.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #1193
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It may be so, but. Besides the smaller space which is now taken over by other toy brands like Transformers, the lack of a couple of Vision Quest Turtles and a lone Baxterfly and the small roster of the existing purple backs. It's basically business as usual pre-holiday and been like that for over a year.

Other toystores barely have more then a single peg for TMNT, which is of course filled with OotS figures.

And the price is outrageous, ranging from 140-170 NOK ($17-$20) for a basic figure.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #1194
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

so glad I don't waste my money on Playmates's garbage anymore All the money I saved not giving them money went to Neca figures a better way to spend money.

I can't wait to see what Playmates shows at Toy Fair that will never come out to see the light of day.

so lets see if Muckman actually comes out this year or they say he will be out in 2019
Old 01-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #1195
Ninjinister
無問題

I still never saw the second wave of OotS figures in stores around here, let alone anything that came after. The first wave hit so late here (movie'd come out a couple of months prior) that nobody restocked after it was all gone... instead they started putting pre-OotS wave Nick figures back on the shelf.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:53 AM   #1196
LilithMV
Thug

Here in Sweden most stores seems to have phased out tmnt toys. Only TOYSRUS and BR leksaker (biggest Swedish toy store next to TOYSRUS) seem to have a few figures and vehicles. The new stuff are only the OOTS ones. Everything else is from around 2014 and maybe some figures from 2015. That's it.

Some online only stores that a year or two ago stocked tmnt figures, some even had the classic line, have stopped completely.

We also never got any of those TOYSRUS exclusive only ones over here. At least I've never seen any.

TMNT is on a decline, expect collector figures.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:05 AM   #1197
snake
Disgusting

I'm interested to see what playmates pulls off at toyfair. Let's see if they can potentially save the line.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:26 AM   #1198
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
so glad I don't waste my money on Playmates's garbage anymore All the money I saved not giving them money went to Neca figures a better way to spend money.
I wish I could completely agree with you and to each their own but NECA should only make statues because they use plastic that is not the greatest for posing, there by not really worth it to me. The plastic becomes too brittle and breaks, reminding me of McFarlane action figures.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #1199
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm interested to see what playmates pulls off at toyfair. Let's see if they can potentially save the line.
They might be planning instead to reboot the franchise again with a new cartoon series or whatever.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #1200
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Supposedly the fifth season is the last if certain sources are to be believed. In an ideal world when this series ends another company will have a shot at future releases. If they want to go with another kids company, Bandai has really upped their game. If Playmates remains, which of course they'll never drop their stranglehold, they need to follow the Bandai model, various price points on scale as needed.

What I mean is that look at the Pokemon line, they have a base basic scale for the average sized characters,but offer the deluxe figure basic scale for larger characters. The line is scaled accordingly so the two basic lines go together. 9 dollars for your Turtle and human characters, increase the price a couple dollars for larger characters like Leatherhead, so they're the same scale just the larger figures bump up a couple dollars but still reasonable. Jakks has done the same with their World of Nintendo line. Barring going the BaF route, that would be something I'd love to see a Playmates show off.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote