The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

The fact that the Kraang were never shown again after that makes it obvious they're gone. The only time we saw them again is a flashback episode (Lone Rat and Cub), so I imagine they're done. Leonardo even said at the first 80's crossover episode, "I never thought I'd miss the Kraang."

The flashbacks in the last arc also never mentioned the Kraang themselves, they just said "mutagen bomb." They never even said who they were fighting, nor did we see any Kraang droids in that animated flashbacks.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #22
Chris
Mad Scientist

To be fair it's like any kids show (and most comic books) - you never see the body so they can bring back whoever they want at any point. The Kraang were defeated and Prime & Subprime presumed dead, and since the series is done it makes sense to leave it like that. But someone set off that bomb and the Kraang (whether a surviving Prime and/or Subprime or just a crazy loyalist) are a viable option.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:46 PM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I was just thinking about how the Kraang storyline was never resolved and just abandoned. And that lead me down a rabbit hole of thinking that it could only have ended half-@$$edly because of the direction the show had taken somewhere down the line. That there were so many problems with what had started as a main plot point that just spun out into drivel.

And all save all my talk with that for some other topic because it goes into talking about how prior episodes could have been set up differently so that storyline could have been finished.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Kraang story had a proper conclusion. It's almost like people don't watch or remember the episodes.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #25
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Yes I thought the Kraang arc was concluded fully when the Triceratons killed Kraang Prime.

Admittedly the immediate time jump after that did muddy the waters a lot. I can understand the confusion, but the conclusion of the space arc didn't stop the Technodrome with Prime and Sub prime on it being obliterated.

I'm pretty sure its only Bishop and the Utrom who are mentioned or seen from that point on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #26
ABrown
Banned

How did that future come to be? Bad writing?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Interesting, I just watched "The Gauntlet" from Season 1 which is the first ep they fight Shredder, and the plot of that episode was stopping a mutagen bomb from going off in NYC.

And in the finale we have another mutagen bomb, only this one was much bigger and floats in the air. Seems to be a pretty fun callback to Season 1 if people have forgotten.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #28
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
How did that future come to be? Bad writing?
Pretty much.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #29
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

I'd love to see them do an episode covering the Mutagen bomb disaster.

Its a shame when the set up we barely see for an arc is at least as interesting as the arc itself.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:49 AM   #30
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I'm wondering if the second set of Turtles (the ones travelling about in space with the Fugitoid) will be the ones to undo the bomb disaster. I mean, they will want to return to Earth at some point to pay a visit, and they'll go 'What happened?' Raph and co will fill them in, and Leo will say 'We got to go back and stop this!'

It would explain why Renet is human and not a mutant, and why she would say they are heroes that saved the world many times, because they eventually undid this future too.

It would also explain the writer's statement of the Kavaxus arc being the 'true ending' for those that want it, because then it could ostensibly lead on to a happier future (the one that Renet's in, and one in which the world is not a mutant wasteland.)
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #31
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I still feel like there is another story floating out there somewhere and I'm hoping we get it sometime down the road as a feature-length film in theaters. This show was so popular, I know it would do really well in the Box Office. Nick is sitting on a gold mine as far as a big-screen movie release goes for these Turtles.

If we don't get that lucky, having it in comic form will suffice.

Last edited by Kit31; 10-01-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Seemed to me Ciro had a story about Fugitoid planned, but didn't get around to it. I wonder if it's because of the VA? I was half-expecting Fugitoid to be in the finale but he wasn't.

As I said, maybe we will get a direct to DVD movie some years down the line revisiting this series.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #33
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seemed to me Ciro had a story about Fugitoid planned, but didn't get around to it. I wonder if it's because of the VA? I was half-expecting Fugitoid to be in the finale but he wasn't.

As I said, maybe we will get a direct to DVD movie some years down the line revisiting this series.
Maybe it was lack of time to do it.

I've already asked Nick to consider doing something with these guys in future, maybe pointless to ask but why not.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:21 PM   #34
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

We can but hope Ciro apparently seemed to think that someone might try to pick up the series again later.

Although I'm not 100% sold on the AU theory I did notice something interesting looking back at the earlier episodes.

Battle for NYC part 1, the Kraang are preparing a large mutagen rocket with the intent of terraforming Earth and its population. The main 'bulb' at the head of the rocket bears quite a strong resemblance to the glimpses of the mutagen bomb we see in the Apocalypse arc flashbacks.

As a rocket, the lower section could well have been designed to fall away and allow the warhead to fall independently onto its target - it occurred to me that it does kind of back up the theory that Apocalypse is an AU splitting from the main story at this point. Theoretically, the Kraang manage to stop the turtles from preventing the launch and destroy the planet in the process.

Personally Im still not sold on the idea, but it was an interesting detail I had to admit added some weight to the concept.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #35
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
We can but hope Ciro apparently seemed to think that someone might try to pick up the series again later.

Although I'm not 100% sold on the AU theory I did notice something interesting looking back at the earlier episodes.

Battle for NYC part 1, the Kraang are preparing a large mutagen rocket with the intent of terraforming Earth and its population. The main 'bulb' at the head of the rocket bears quite a strong resemblance to the glimpses of the mutagen bomb we see in the Apocalypse arc flashbacks.

As a rocket, the lower section could well have been designed to fall away and allow the warhead to fall independently onto its target - it occurred to me that it does kind of back up the theory that Apocalypse is an AU splitting from the main story at this point. Theoretically, the Kraang manage to stop the turtles from preventing the launch and destroy the planet in the process.

Personally Im still not sold on the idea, but it was an interesting detail I had to admit added some weight to the concept.
I had the same thought. But thinking about it, during that episode the whole population of NYC was turned into Kraang-freaks. I'm pretty sure the little 2D flashback showed regular pedestrians getting slimed and mutating.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:45 PM   #36
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

I thought that too, but that shot could also have been outside of NYC to prove the point.

But as I said, I'm not 100% convinced myself

Old 10-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how did the moon get destroyed though? The moons destruction would change the ocean currents, most likely the ozone layer melted and the sea levels raised and the rest of the world was changed by desertification. It's not just that all of NYC (or the world?) got changed by a mutagen bomb, it's also the fact that the moon was half blown up and it looks like the entire climate of the planet changed.

Makes me wonder if all the governments of the world along with Bishop, etc. all tried to combat the threat and wound up destroying everything.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #38
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

Someone at the screening yesterday asked when the bomb would have gone off and Ciro said when the Turtles were about 21
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #39
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
Someone at the screening yesterday asked when the bomb would have gone off and Ciro said when the Turtles were about 21
A lot of us had been wondering that, so they were stuck in a wasteland for a long time then.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #40
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post

Since Rocksteady worked for the Foot Clan 2013-16, assuming that there is a progression over time, that would mean the turtles were 19/20 in Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady Arc, the last time we see them until the Mutant Apocalypse. So the bomb happended a year or two later.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote