The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Why in the world would they want to do a live-action Pinocchio? Maybe Disney should do live-action films based on stories that wouldn't need to utilize CGI or something for its actual characters.

They already screwed up Dumbo, why mess this up too. Hey, why not Peter Pan? How about Lilo & Stitch? How about the Princess and the Frog? Might as well since Disney is obviously out of ideas for movies these days.

How about pretending Frozen 2 never happened, and make another Frozen 2 with a better plot and story...okay never mind. I was just really disappointed with Frozen 2. ^^ His nose will grow every time he sees Megan Fox. >_<
It's like, there's already been a bunch of live-action versions of this story - like a LOT of them - and it's always just creepy. I guess that means there's room for improvement, but at the same time... does it even work in live-action? Not everything does, after all.

Meh.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #22
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Alan Cumming (X2, GoldenEye) and Stephen Graham (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Boardwalk Empire) are being eyed to play Honest John and the Coachman, respectively.

https://thedisinsider.com/2020/10/31...ion-pinocchio/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:20 PM   #23
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Tom Hanks officially signed on to play Geppetto. The movie will also be released on Disney+ instead of in theaters.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1337186518004355072

After playing Gaston in the live-action Beauty and the Beast, Luke Evans will be playing another Disney Villain. He has been cast as the Coachman.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/pinocch...st-1234680924/
Old 03-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #24
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Like Ariel and Tinker Bell, the Blue Fairy will be played by a woman of color. Academy Award nominated actress, Cynthia Erivo has been cast as the Blue Fairy. Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be voicing Jiminy Cricket. Additional casting has also been announced.

Quote:
In addition, Benjamin Evan Ainsworth (Flora and Ulysses) will voice the title character of Pinocchio, with Keegan-Michael Key as the voice of Honest John and Lorraine Bracco as Sofia the Seagull, a new character, in the live-action update of the 1940 Disney animated classic, which will also combine VFX.
‘Pinocchio’: Robert Zemeckis Movie Adds Cynthia Erivo As Blue Fairy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt As Jiminy Cricket
Old 03-04-2021, 05:39 AM   #25
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

The kid playing Pinocchio was in The Haunting of Bly Manner, and he was great in it. Good pick.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
The kid playing Pinocchio was in The Haunting of Bly Manner, and he was great in it. Good pick.
Yeah but won't he only appear at the end for 5 seconds or so when he turns real? Won't Pinnoke be CGI?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 07:04 PM   #27
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is our first official look at Geppetto and Pinocchio. The film will be available on Disney+ this September.

https://deadline.com/2022/03/pinocch...ic-1234974563/
Old 03-10-2022, 12:50 PM   #28
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Here is our first official look at Geppetto and Pinocchio. The film will be available on Disney+ this September.

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uplo...2-2.png?w=1024

https://deadline.com/2022/03/pinocch...ic-1234974563/
The head looks a little too similar to the animated movie. I get that the look is iconic in it's own right but it doesn't seem right in live action. Like shouldn't the mouth be on a visible hinge and the eyes made of marbles to make sens in live action? Yeah, he's a magic puppet but it seems weird that his elbows and knees need hinges while his mouth and eyes don't. As for the hair, I think I would have preferred to see a wig than this carved plastic looking thing. Sure, I want "Disney's Pinocchio" to look somewhat like he did in the original movie but I prefer if a live action puppet looks more like a real wooden puppet.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:01 AM   #29
Vicky82
Emperor

Here's the teaser trailer

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:08 PM   #30
neatoman
Emperor

What's the deal with making weird sounding performances of familiar songs? Is it just an attempt to be original? I guess this isn't nearly as bad as some others but it kind of just bugs me, ever heard the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, some singers tend to perform old songs in a really bizarre way for no apparent reason. One of the most common songs to do this with is the American National Anthem.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 11:01 AM   #31
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 09-09-2022, 11:37 PM   #32
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Watching this now.

Jimminy Cricket sounds so fake & annoyingly whiny and he’s rambling a lot at the start.

Geppetto talks idle nonsense a lot too and wasting time at the beginning that just drags so long. All of these rubbish should’ve been edited out and get to the chase already.

The blue fairy’s wings look disgusting… like a bunch of tentacles instead of actual wings wtf.

Pinocchio starts talking and he is actually charming and interesting compared to everything else in this movie so far.

Damn the blue fairy can sing, but it’s odd when she was the one singing the theme “When you wish upon a star” instead of Jimminy Cricket.

The people seeing a wooden doll walking, going to school and act like nothing out of ordinary lmfao. Really weird Geppetto didn’t accompany his son’s first day to school both live action & cartoon.

The wolf and cat walking on two legs wearing clothes and people act normal too.

Why is Pinocchio sniffing and poking a PILE OF SHI*?? Smh

Chris Pine. Ha ha cringe.

So the teacher kicked out Pinocchio, but at the beginning people act nonchalant to him being a puppet and the wolf and cat in clothes?

The scene in front of school looks great, nice bright lighting and good graphics.

Stromboli stage dance scene is nice. People tossing coins on him, thats gotta hurt.

Pinocchio wailing from the cage is kinda sad.

Jimminy can lift the bottle just fine, why the hell didn’t he do it earlier? Just dig a bit and lift, pfft.

Root beer?? Lmfaooo give them real alcohol like the toon, cowards! The cigars are gone too.

Sugar mountain. Imagine the ants crawling up and biting the inside of their assholes.

Vandalism. Nice.

Eh the donkey transformation scene in the toon is more horrifying than this tame one.

Why tf his donkey ears and tail gone? So deus ex machina.

Wtf ugly whale design they made. Tentacles again, fetish kink of the director??

Pinocchio is Sonic confirmed, pushing the boat by kicking the sea.

The changed woke ending is kinda annoying. They gave Pinocchio a trans world view ending.
“Some say Pinocchio became a real boy, but no one can say for sure. But in his heart, he’s as real as any other real boy!”. That sh*t sad as fuc*.

Overall, some good, some bad, but still okay. Definitely better than Mulan remake.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 09-10-2022 at 12:16 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 12:09 AM   #33
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Jiminy still calls Pinocchio "Pinoke", like that.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote