The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Your fave Nick turtle?
Leonardo 27 20.45%
Raphael 43 32.58%
Michelangelo 30 22.73%
Donatello 32 24.24%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #81
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Raph leading, Mikey beating Leo, and Donnie is not far behind.

Speaking of Splinter, I love this version the most. He's so strict and unafraid to issue out severe punishment. Watch in Squirrelanoids how they brought in a homeless guy to the lair, Leo tried to reason with him by joking a little. He just tapped his staff to the ground just once and that's enough to jolt Leo's senses, putting him in an attention position. He trained them like soldiers. His strength is equal, perhaps more than the Shredder.

And I love his tall height - towering all his sons. He has absolute total control and authority as the figure head of the family.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #82
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Raph leading, Mikey beating Leo, and Donnie is not far behind.
Spoiler:

All better
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #83
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Speaking of Splinter, I love this version the most. He's so strict and unafraid to issue out severe punishment. Watch in Squirrelanoids how they brought in a homeless guy to the lair, Leo tried to reason with him by joking a little. He just tapped his staff to the ground just once and that's enough to jolt Leo's senses, putting him in an attention position. He trained them like soldiers. His strength is equal, perhaps more than the Shredder.

And I love his tall height - towering all his sons. He has absolute total control and authority as the figure head of the family.
I like all of that too, except the "severe punishment" bit... doesn't work for me.

Aw IndigoErth, that was funny and well done, but it always broke my heart a little when Leo praised Mikey who then threw a water balloon at his head for no reason.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:47 PM   #84
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Leo, buddy, pull up, you're falling behind, look at those numbers.
Not as bad as Donnie.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #85
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Prior to the casting change I might have said Leo, but thus far Raph's the turtle I think has been the most consistently awesome and on point.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #86
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Probably Raph or Mikey.

Definitely not Donatello after some of the more recent episodes. Oh lordy lordy lordy.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #87
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Probably Raph or Mikey.

Definitely not Donatello after some of the more recent episodes. Oh lordy lordy lordy.
Same for me here.

Donnie is just utterly annoying.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #88
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Aw, poor Donnie. I still find his neurotic personality, along with his sarcasm hilarious, which is why I favor him for this incarnation. He's so different from the other incarnations, and I like the fact that he isn't always calm, cool, and collected. I also like how he's learning how to deal with the April thing. He tries something, realizes it doesn't work or comes across as not right, he doesn't do it again. Awkward teenager galore, eh? Who can't relate to that.

I favor Leo this incarnation because he acts like an actual kid who's still learning, not someone who's coming across as already perfect or near there while also enjoying his awkward teen moments....and I want to also blame Biggs' voicing of him that also drew me to him this incarnation. The way he did the voice where he's trying to be leaderish was great, and then in the same scene go to, "Hey, listen to me, I'm leader!" was great to me.

With Raph, I'm glad that his temper isn't always focused on or just used just to be used and glad that he seems to have some control over it. I also like how he does come across as nurturing at times and glad he doesn't come across as bully-like, like in the earlier eps. I like the mellow Raph we have for season 3 so far.

With Mikey, I like how he is the heart, but that's the case with all incarnations of him...but I still hated how dumb, as well as ADD/ADHD he was portrayed back in season 1. I like him okay, but find him more interesting now given how he's progressed from season 1 and how you can actually see the difference. That Shellacne ep showed a lot, or rather told us a lot about him, I felt.

So yeah, seems as I'm watching this show, my favorites keep shifting. Leo and Donnie started off as favorites because I found both funny, given how they're supposed to be the mature, level-headed ones who were still coming across as childish which I absolutely loved. They weren't coming across as the perfect ones like in some previous incarnations.

I'm starting to enjoy Mikey more because he's coming across as competent and stuff...unless the plot calls for him not to be and as I was saying, I'm enjoying this laidback, more mellow Raph this season.

Hm, still can't pick. I should just pick Leo, since this is the first incarnation where I have ever favored his character. The other three have been favored before for me in some other incarnations...

OT: Raph and Mikey
Archie: Donny and Raph
Mirage: Mikey and Donny

Hm, guess I favor all four for this incarnation. There should be an option for that.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #89
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Prior to the casting change I might have said Leo, but thus far Raph's the turtle I think has been the most consistently awesome and on point.
Yeah, I have to agree, I liked Leo pre beat down, not afterwards. Which is a first. It's usually after his beatdown he really starts to peak interest in me. Maybe it is the voice change, or that he just seems to be there, but, I just feel we have a nothing Turtle now, no more of the Leo we know.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #90
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Aw, poor Donnie. I still find his neurotic personality, along with his sarcasm hilarious, which is why I favor him for this incarnation. He's so different from the other incarnations, and I like the fact that he isn't always calm, cool, and collected. I also like how he's learning how to deal with the April thing. He tries something, realizes it doesn't work or comes across as not right, he doesn't do it again. Awkward teenager galore, eh? Who can't relate to that.

I favor Leo this incarnation because he acts like an actual kid who's still learning, not someone who's coming across as already perfect or near there while also enjoying his awkward teen moments....and I want to also blame Biggs' voicing of him that also drew me to him this incarnation. The way he did the voice where he's trying to be leaderish was great, and then in the same scene go to, "Hey, listen to me, I'm leader!" was great to me.

With Raph, I'm glad that his temper isn't always focused on or just used just to be used and glad that he seems to have some control over it. I also like how he does come across as nurturing at times and glad he doesn't come across as bully-like, like in the earlier eps. I like the mellow Raph we have for season 3 so far.

With Mikey, I like how he is the heart, but that's the case with all incarnations of him...but I still hated how dumb, as well as ADD/ADHD he was portrayed back in season 1. I like him okay, but find him more interesting now given how he's progressed from season 1 and how you can actually see the difference. That Shellacne ep showed a lot, or rather told us a lot about him, I felt.

So yeah, seems as I'm watching this show, my favorites keep shifting. Leo and Donnie started off as favorites because I found both funny, given how they're supposed to be the mature, level-headed ones who were still coming across as childish which I absolutely loved. They weren't coming across as the perfect ones like in some previous incarnations.

I'm starting to enjoy Mikey more because he's coming across as competent and stuff...unless the plot calls for him not to be and as I was saying, I'm enjoying this laidback, more mellow Raph this season.

Hm, still can't pick. I should just pick Leo, since this is the first incarnation where I have ever favored his character. The other three have been favored before for me in some other incarnations...

OT: Raph and Mikey
Archie: Donny and Raph
Mirage: Mikey and Donny

Hm, guess I favor all four for this incarnation. There should be an option for that.

He was actually my favorite turtle in the beginning of the series, Season 1.
It's this annoying crush that ruining the character for me.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #91
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
He was actually my favorite turtle in the beginning of the series, Season 1.
It's this annoying crush that ruining the character for me.
Heh, the crush isn't the thing that bothers me. I'm getting irked that most of the storylines are revolving around him, and now they claim at the recent comic con that there was going to be more Casey and Donnie bromance/bonding moments. I have a problem with this, because Casey was supposed to be Raph's buddy. I mean, they still didn't even want to showcase that it was Raph and Casey working on the truck in the comics, not Donnie and Casey. This is why I feel like it's turning into the Donnie, April and Casey show, the hell with the rest.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #92
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Heh, the crush isn't the thing that bothers me. I'm getting irked that most of the storylines are revolving around him, and now they claim at the recent comic con that there was going to be more Casey and Donnie bromance/bonding moments. I have a problem with this, because Casey was supposed to be Raph's buddy. I mean, they still didn't even want to showcase that it was Raph and Casey working on the truck in the comics, not Donnie and Casey. This is why I feel like it's turning into the Donnie, April and Casey show, the hell with the rest.
I totally agree. I actually liked the Donnie episodes in Season 1 when they were just expanding on his character, but in Season 2-3 it just got seriously annoying just to see a majority of those episodes center around Donnie's crush on April, not to mention the rivalry between him and Casey. They are makings these characters completely unlikeable for me. I hate April now, I don't care for Leo anymore after that Karai mutation incident, and Casey is nothing but a douche now. The only characters I'm still fond of is Raph and Mikey, which get nothing but repetitive development episodes, with little focus compared to the others. Yeah I pretty much miss the Raph's and Casey's moments, too bad it's being overthrown by this annoying love-triangle.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #93
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I totally agree. I actually liked the Donnie episodes in Season 1 when they were just expanding on his character, but in Season 2-3 it just got seriously annoying just to see a majority of those episodes center around Donnie's crush on April, not to mention the rivalry between him and Casey. They are makings these characters completely unlikeable for me. I hate April now, I don't care for Leo anymore after that Karai mutation incident, and Casey is nothing but a douche now. The only characters I'm still fond of is Raph and Mikey, which get nothing but repetitive development episodes, with little focus compared to the others. Yeah I pretty much miss the Raph's and Casey's moments, too bad it's being overthrown by this annoying love-triangle.
It's also annoying for me as a Raph fan, that Raph hasn't been the hero now, since Newtralizer. Why does it have to be a Raph centric episode for him to have any bearing at all on the team? Since Wormquake, as a Raph fan, the show has been stinking lately.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #94
plastroncafe

I thought he was pretty central in the last couple of episodes.
Or maybe I'm just extra pleased he finally called Donnie to the mat.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #95
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I thought he was pretty central in the last couple of episodes.
Or maybe I'm just extra pleased he finally called Donnie to the mat.
I just feel, say like, take Avengers for instance.

We have Cap, Ironman, Thor and The Hulk. Then we have supporting casts like Black Widow, Fury, and Hawkeye. Then more down the road, Coulsen and Hill. I feel like Raphael is in Coulsen's territory, and not part of the top 4 tier like he should be.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #96
plastroncafe

Quote:
I just feel, say like, take Avengers for instance.

We have Cap, Ironman, Thor and The Hulk. Then we have supporting casts like Black Widow, Fury, and Hawkeye. Then more down the road, Coulsen and Hill. I feel like Raphael is in Coulsen's territory, and not part of the top 4 tier like he should be.
I would just like to point out that you've just compared Raph to the most competent person in the Cinematic Marvel Universe.

I'm not saying I disagree with your assessment, just...that Raph being the most competent person ANYWHERE makes me chuckle.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #97
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I would just like to point out that you've just compared Raph to the most competent person in the Cinematic Marvel Universe.

I'm not saying I disagree with your assessment, just...that Raph being the most competent person ANYWHERE makes me chuckle.
I don't know how competent he is, Cap, Hulk and Tony still managed to achieve their goals, and Thor to a lesser extent.

Either way, he's still just supporting cast, to Casey and April of all characters. It should be the other way around. Same with Mikey, he too takes a backseat to Casey and April, and it's usually because of the whole Donnie love triangle thing.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #98
plastroncafe

Quote:
I don't know how competent he is, Cap, Hulk and Tony still managed to achieve their goals, and Thor to a lesser extent.

Either way, he's still just supporting cast, to Casey and April of all characters. It should be the other way around. Same with Mikey, he too takes a backseat to Casey and April, and it's usually because of the whole Donnie love triangle thing.
They've kind of painted themselves into a corner with Mikey. If they give him more focus they might have to actually develop his character, and...then where will the cheap laughs come from?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #99
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
They've kind of painted themselves into a corner with Mikey. If they give him more focus they might have to actually develop his character, and...then where will the cheap laughs come from?
Yeah, I guess it would stretch their brains some to actually come up with genuinely funny moments for Mikey. Well, instead of the stupid Mikey, make him the jokester Mikey, spewing out puns and what not. They want to copy and paste visual images from the 1990 movie, but they don't seem to want to bring over the character depth like Mikey had from the movie. He was really funny without being an idiot.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #100
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Watch out Mikey, Leo's gaining on ya!

Quote:
Maybe it is the voice change, or that he just seems to be there, but, I just feel we have a nothing Turtle now, no more of the Leo we know.
I trust he'll get himself pulled together once again here at some point.

Gotta regain that confidence. But at least he's not doing some long winded angry, depressed phase. Was a little worried they might go there.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote