The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 12:33 AM   #281
Prowler
Emperor

Yeah, Cubed is actually pretty chill. When he goes berserk he doesn't get angry at people but at things. Like turtle nostrils for example.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #282
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

We've all relaxed in our dotage, but this was not always the case.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #283
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, Cubed is actually pretty chill. When he goes berserk he doesn't get angry at people but at things. Like turtle nostrils for example.
word of advice.. never say anything bad about the next iteration of the new show. at least after the first 4 months. then it suddenly turns into 'the best thing ever' and the devil comes back to the boards, where any opinion is instantly labeled idiotic and delusional .

coola labeled his whole routine quite nicely in another section of the board.
although his number one nemesis ToTheNines has been rather quiet of late heh.

but that level of toxicity, I think, we'd be better off without. If you're confrontational to the point of irrationality.....that's why message board activity is probably dying off for alot of people.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #284
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
That's sadly what every long thread has been turning into here lately. It's not just an exclusive problem of this place, though. The whole internet has been really into constantly arguing about feminism, sexism, racism, nazis, etc. for some years now.
You just have to be aware of that stuff and learn to ignore it. I don't have a problem with the societal, economic, or political equality of the sexes. I don't know anyone that thinks that is a bad idea. It's the weirdos that apply the same amount of ire to everything that does a disservice to the cause/movement.

Hating rapists? Good. Do it.
Hating a guy that makes a stupid joke that might be sexually provocative with the same ire? Stupid. Also does a tremendous disservice to the ideology.

As far as TMNT is concerned: I do think it's a tad weird that people react to negative thoughts on the shows as if someone spit on their mother. People are allowed to have opposing/negative opinions.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #285
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

I don't think there's a fandom that is much worse than the others. They say the same thing about DBZ calling them Z tards or with Batman calling them Bat-tards or Rick and Morty or My Little Pony. Every fandom is going to have it's fair share of idiots.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #286
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Even funnier who is highlighting that!

We step away from having a full room of kitchen utensils! Yay!

So much self-awarenes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
We've all relaxed in our dotage, but this was not always the case.

Yes. Yes we have. I was once, long ago, much more apt to get irate over issues, but nowadays I just sit back and enjoy watching the drama-hounds dancing for attention. And maybe throw them a crumb or two on occasion, just to be sporting....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #287
Vegita-San
Emperor

I used to care what complete strangers thought about what I said online. Now adays, I know that even people i used to respect are apt to go crazy, so I agonize far less over it. possibly yet another reason message boards are dying off.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #288
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
So much self-awarenes....
Like all people here.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #289
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yes. Yes we have. I was once, long ago, much more apt to get irate over issues, but nowadays I just sit back and enjoy watching the drama-hounds dancing for attention. And maybe throw them a crumb or two on occasion, just to be sporting....
There are some hills that I don't think I'll ever tire of defending, but I've grown waaaaaay to fond of skirting around particular encampments on other hills.
Just close enough to be seen, but not close enough to engage.

The impotent saber-rattling, it's like music.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #290
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When it comes to TMNT I enjoy posting my opinions and repeating myself over and over again on every TMNT universe known to man.
I feel somehow the same strangely.

Quote:
I don't know that your average random person joins a forum solely to s#itpost. That takes a special kind of fanbro.
And since, as you mentioned, this is a pen fandom scenario then the vocal minority of people who do this sort of thing from every fandom suddenly become the majority of people on that website.
Unfortunately I'm guessing that's why IMDB got that bad reputation which is a shame.

Quote:
Read it. Kind of agree and disagree. I certainly fit the 'nice guy' role on a surface level but really I'm more of a pushover which makes me the 'nice guy'. Now as far as that goes yes that is still my fault but it's more about confidence to stand up to people and not be the pushover.

Quote:
It's at times like this that people should be thankful for CyberCubed. Criticise the guy ALL YOU WANT, but there is no doubt in my mind that that man dearly loves the Turtles(and Pokémon as well).
This thread should be closed but I say that joke with genuine affection towards Cubed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Mature people on both sides of the political spectrum should be able to have a healthy conversation about current events. That takes us back to toxic people.
The problem people are arguing is that no one can talk about something they like any more without having to talk about the politics of it, even Sonic the frickin Hedgehog is affected.

Quote:
But now we have people who crow about having been banned from other places online, as if that's a badge of honor.
In no way do I call being banned from other sites a badge of honour. I worry actually and see it as corruption. In that way maybe I shouldn't be on those sites since the prominent users and the mods are toxic. Do I really want to go to Trekcore and be patronised by pro-Discovery trolls there calling you 'son' or 'darling' because you have a different opinion? I mean it's kind of a no brainer mate. Hardly playing the victim card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I don't want to drag out conversations about other members on threads (apologies Cubed) but I agree with Prowler, I have not seen him being nasty or abusive. (I can see the two of you have a history)
I never noticed Cubed being nasty although to be honest I don't visit every part of the forum. I'm sure there's loads of people who think I'm a terrible, toxic person on this forum but my answer is...whatever.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #291
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
In no way do I call being banned from other sites a badge of honour. I worry actually and see it as corruption. In that way maybe I shouldn't be on those sites since the prominent users and the mods are toxic. Do I really want to go to Trekcore and be patronised by pro-Discovery trolls there calling you 'son' or 'darling' because you have a different opinion? I mean it's kind of a no brainer mate. Hardly playing the victim card.
I wasn't going to address this, since that's just plastron being plastron.

But if you'd read what was wrote, no one is calling being banned a 'badge of honor' or bragging about it.. I don't like being patronized either buy people who hate my opinions and attack me because of it. or call my opinions worthless just because I made them. When I defend myself and my opinions, that's when one gets banned and that's just not right...especially since the toxic person creating the problem goes un punished.

in no was is that a 'badge of honor' or whatever nonsense was spouted earlier.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #292
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegita-san View Post
i don't like being patronized either buy people who hate my opinions and attack me because of it. Or call my opinions worthless just because i made them. When i defend myself and my opinions, that's when one gets banned and that's just not right...especially since the toxic person creating the problem goes un punished.
This! This! This!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #293
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
This! This! This!
The fact that they went to me and told me to stop, despite the fact that the guy who openly did started it and STILL openly confronts people whose opinion he doesn't like and is basically just asking for trouble daring people to reply......ugh. still gets to me.

And he's still there. with the exact same MO. don't agree with him? your opinion is worthless and you yourself are worthless for having that opinion. if that is not the very definition of toxic..

at least other members have started to realize it since I got the boot. one guy even finally directly called it out as the toxic fan base that it was, and I wish I could still contact him to thank him for his bravery. albeit a little late . maybe more will in the future and start abandoning the place.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:06 AM   #294
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I feel somehow the same strangely.

Unfortunately I'm guessing that's why IMDB got that bad reputation which is a shame.

Read it. Kind of agree and disagree. I certainly fit the 'nice guy' role on a surface level but really I'm more of a pushover which makes me the 'nice guy'. Now as far as that goes yes that is still my fault but it's more about confidence to stand up to people and not be the pushover.

This thread should be closed but I say that joke with genuine affection towards Cubed.

The problem people are arguing is that no one can talk about something they like any more without having to talk about the politics of it, even Sonic the frickin Hedgehog is affected.

I never noticed Cubed being nasty although to be honest I don't visit every part of the forum. I'm sure there's loads of people who think I'm a terrible, toxic person on this forum but my answer is...whatever.
Hmm I have to admit, Cubed is a lot of things but he's never been nasty (except to Ciro, that is). I mean he might fail to understand why your opinion could possibly be different from his, but at least he doesn't come at you with personal attacks.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #295
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Hmm I have to admit, Cubed is a lot of things but he's never been nasty (except to Ciro, that is). I mean he might fail to understand why your opinion could possibly be different from his, but at least he doesn't come at you with personal attacks.
But, I thought Ciro was his hero. I thought ciro could do no wrong. I thought anyone who disagreed with how the show went hated ciro..

wait, you're telling me the internet has lied to me again?

damnit!

sigh.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #296
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
But, I thought Ciro was his hero. I thought ciro could do no wrong. I thought anyone who disagreed with how the show went hated ciro..

wait, you're telling me the internet has lied to me again?

damnit!

sigh.
He literally blasted Ciro over how Baxter was portrayed in his first appearance in the Nick show to the point that THE CREATOR OF THE NICK SERIES left the forum. Let's hope the showrunners behind Rise of the TMNT never post here.

You have to remember, Cubed always begins with a 'this is different, so it sucks' attitude for a new show, until he suddenly switches to 'diehard fan and this show is perfect and there's something wrong with you if you disagree' mode. Ciro would have been received with open arms had he posted after a few seasons.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #297
sdp
-

To be fair Baxter's portrayal really sucked in those first few episodes Maybe listening to Cubed made Baxter a better character.

I'd rather have a forum without creators posting if they can't accept criticism, I always hated those forums were the people involved post and you can only post "good things".
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #298
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
To be fair Baxter's portrayal really sucked in those first few episodes Maybe listening to Cubed made Baxter a better character.

I'd rather have a forum without creators posting if they can't accept criticism, I always hated those forums were the people involved post and you can only post "good things".
yep, a sucky baxter was the start of this shows problems.

And plus one on SDP's above.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #299
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I wouldn't say 'Cubed is a good example of having good criticism.

In general, I'd prefer forums, where people treat creators with respect without it becoming fanboish-like worship.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #300
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I wouldn't say 'Cubed is a good example of having good criticism.

In general, I'd prefer forums, where people treat creators with respect without it becoming fanboish-like worship.

true. but they also shouldn't treat any criticism like cubed criticism and be able to take it in stride. if they can't they shouldn't be on forums in the first place...cause not everyone is going to agree with how they do things.

Tags
i_need_a_adult, sumac vs plastroncafe, toxicity