The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: TMNT (2007) or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)?
TMNT (2007) 8 72.73%
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Mew
Banned

TMNT (2007) VS. Michael Bay's TMNT (2014)

Which is better? You decide!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

2007 turtles is just stupid its a random stop evil monsters movie with the ninja turtles slapped on it.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Even though I like both, it actually sucks that Don and Mikey don't get much attention in the 2007 movie.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I'm going to have to go with TMNT 2007. I liked the epic feel of the Bay film but at the end of the day, the core TMNT elements stayed true in the 2007 movie. They actually looked small, looked more turtle like and appealing. The movie had more heart and a pretty solid script unlike the Bay film.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
Even though I like both, it actually sucks that Don and Mikey don't get much attention in the 2007 movie.
Very True!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I'm going to have to go with TMNT 2007. I liked the epic feel of the Bay film but at the end of the day, the core TMNT elements stayed true in the 2007 movie. They actually looked small, looked more turtle like and appealing. The movie had more heart and a pretty solid script unlike the Bay film.
Thank you! I agree with you 100%! Why does the movie get hate? Because of no Shredder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
2007 turtles is just stupid its a random stop evil monsters movie with the ninja turtles slapped on it.
I don't agree, but okay!

Last edited by Jester; 01-03-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meow View Post
Thank you! I agree with you 100%! Why does the movie get hate? Because of no Shredder?
Sad thing is, if the movie would've done well enough for a sequel, that's exactly what we would've got, Shredder.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #7
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Very True!!!!!
And they're my favorite turtles!

That's the reason I got this name on the forum.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #8
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Oh man, 2007 in a heartbeat. It's definitely got some major issues on the script/plot level, but it was pretty damn enjoyable overall. The directing & animation were solid - a lot more visually engaging, with much better choreography/cinematography overall than the BayTurtles movie, IMO - and the characters and their world rang true. The Leo/Raph fight scene alone looks and flows better than any piece of directing in the 2014 movie. I thought that most of the voice cast fit their roles really well, too - not everyone's a fan, but Mako as Splinter was an inspired choice. And that Klaus Badelt score was excellent.

The "13 monsters" plot was pretty half-baked and underwhelming, and as a whole it just wasn't the slam-dunk it needed to be at that point in time, but between the two it's no contest. It's flawed, but many parts of it are really under-appreciated.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #9
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Sad thing is, if the movie would've done well enough for a sequel, that's exactly what we would've got, Shredder.
Yes. That would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
And they're my favorite turtles!

That's the reason I got this name on the forum.
Mine are Raph and Leo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Oh man, 2007 in a heartbeat. It's definitely got some major issues on the script/plot level, but it was pretty damn enjoyable overall. The directing & animation were solid - a lot more visually engaging, with much better choreography/cinematography overall than the BayTurtles movie, IMO - and the characters and their world rang true. The Leo/Raph fight scene alone looks and flows better than any piece of directing in the 2014 movie. I thought that most of the voice cast fit their roles really well, too - not everyone's a fan, but Mako as Splinter was an inspired choice. And that Klaus Badelt score was excellent.

The "13 monsters" plot was pretty half-baked and underwhelming, and as a whole it just wasn't the slam-dunk it needed to be at that point in time, but between the two it's no contest. It's flawed, but many parts of it are really under-appreciated.
WOW. My thoughts exactly!

Last edited by Jester; 01-03-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

The 2007 film felt like an extended episode of the Nick cartoon. In fact since the Turtles were 18 in the movie and April/Casey were adults, it felt like a future version of the Nick turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #11
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The 2007 film felt like an extended episode of the Nick cartoon. In fact since the Turtles were 18 in the movie and April/Casey were adults, it felt like a future version of the Nick turtles.
Very True! Although there would be less Capril LOL!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Really...? You had to make me contemplate this...? lol

*sigh* Ok.

2014 wins. On technicality... Michael Bay and his associates do not win this, only the Turtles themselves, along with their actors and stunt guys who physically portrayed them, do.

As much as I don't care for Knoxville being stuck in there to voice Leo, the way 2007 made him look like such a jackass (pun intended) at one point sits worse with me. (edit: Although Knoxville and the dialog did unforgivably make him sound creepy a time or two, so both fail.) For as long as it took me to warm up a bit to the new movie's character designs, 2007 design style (in general, not just Turtles) has always been a bit bland to me and was never too impressed with it. Story wise... It's meh vs eh.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-03-2015 at 01:39 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #13
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Mine are Raph and Leo!
Oh yeah!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #14
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

TMNT.

The turtles had more character and depth, rather than just one dimensional stereotypes.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

Next to the post quote tab is one that reads 'multi', click that on all of the posts you wish to reply to, except for the last one, which needs to have 'quote' clicked. This will group them together so that you don't have to make individual replies to each one (which causes clutter).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:14 PM   #16
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant

Meh, the tmnt have always been sort of one dimensional.

Last edited by ScrewtheMirageTMNT; 01-14-2015 at 10:21 PM.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:27 AM   #17
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The characters in TMNT are so much better done, the fight scenes have better choreography (although the cinematography can be a bit bland in the larger fight scenes). Better designs within the context of the movies style and medium.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #18
ian_punk_03
Random Punk

well I liked the 2007 movie. but the 2014 movie is awesome I think its the best tmnt film yet. 2016 can't come fast enough.

ian_punk_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #19
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

*sigh* Minae Noji would have rocked a more Mirage-eque Karai, who would have been Shredder's superior. I do hope she gets a expanded role in the sequel, cause she was majorly underused in the 2014 movie.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #20
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_punk_03 View Post
well I liked the 2007 movie. but the 2014 movie is awesome I think its the best tmnt film yet. 2016 can't come fast enough.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Karai_2014.png
while I like your enthusiasm for the 2014 movie , The 2014 movie isn't the best tmnt film yet.The Best tmnt film will and always will be the 1990 Steve Barron film.

Tags
michael bay's tmnt, tmnt