Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-30-2021, 06:24 PM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Well.

Whether you enjoyed the show or not, Nickelodeon basically considers it a bomb/flop, so they essentially did have a chance and they failed to capture an audience that satisfied Nick's criteria for success.
I think what happened was TMNT was attracting a crowd that Nickelodeon didn't intended to cater to. So they tried to make a show that caters to there kids demographic which was way younger. It ended up backfiring because it alienated a big chunk of the fanbase. They were trying to cater to a new generation and its why there's a split between those who like it and those that felt this show wasn't appealing enough to them.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:33 AM   #22
superstaff
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
& that's reason to sh*t on every single post that speaks positively about it? This section has been an absolute disgrace thanks to the same 3 or 4 people trashing it to spite its fans.
I think the show has many flaws, even for a comedy based cartoon. I'm not really surprised people take potshots at it often. I get that there are fans of ROTMNT, and it sucks for them (and you since you seem to be a fan as well) to have to see the negative reception to it so frequently. However, there is a reason it didn't stick the landing, and it can't be denied that the show crashed and burned with most viewers.

I've enjoyed things that people dislike, in some cases, I understand why those things get hate, and sometimes I don't understand it. Best thing I do is just engage in the conversation, state my piece on why I agree or disagree, then move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think what happened was TMNT was attracting a crowd that Nickelodeon didn't intended to cater to. So they tried to make a show that caters to there kids demographic which was way younger. It ended up backfiring because it alienated a big chunk of the fanbase. They were trying to cater to a new generation and its why there's a split between those who like it and those that felt this show wasn't appealing enough to them.
Yeah, I think that is what happened. It was a big mistake, in my opinion. I hope they don't repeat it in the future. I don't really mind TMNT having humor or even being humor based, but I felt ROTMNT went too far and too extreme in the opposite direction. Even the Fred Wolf TMNT wasn't as fast and loose as ROTMNT, I feel, and that's saying something!

Last edited by superstaff; 01-31-2021 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Adding response to TigerClaw.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:49 AM   #23
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Fun note: in Italy the series is called "Il destino delle Tartarughe ninja" (The fate of the Ninja Turtles).
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 12:50 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Well that almost sounds a little ominous on the back end of it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote