The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 05:45 AM   #461
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Heck, I'm surprised the whole "Barry is trying to manipulate time" arc in this season of Flash hasn't brought the Legends against Team Flash.
Right? It should have. I guess these shows only want to be in the same universe when it's crossover time.

Anyway, that was a damn good finale. I even said Fatality out loud at one point, that was great.

When metal guy (should learn his name) said something about a Goonies reference, I didn't get that. I did get a Sandlot though from the "Legends never die".
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:51 AM   #462
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
When metal guy (should learn his name) said something about a Goonies reference, I didn't get that. I did get a Sandlot though from the "Legends never die".
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong." - Babe Ruth

I guess they called out Goonies because they never SAY die...*shrug*

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 04-06-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #463
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong." - Babe Ruth

I guess they called out Goonies because they never SAY die...*shrug*
Yeah, that's bout the only thing I could think of.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #464
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Marc Guggenheim says there's a possibility that classic Jack Kirby character Kamandi could appear in season 3: http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/06/legends-...on-3-spoilers/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #465
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I watched the finale today, and I honestly think it was a failure. It wasn't legendary.
Rip is gone! it's outrageous, he just leaves The Waverider like that. I want him to have his place back as captain.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:42 PM   #466
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I watched the finale today, and I honestly think it was a failure. It wasn't legendary.
Rip is gone! it's outrageous, he just leaves The Waverider like that. I want him to have his place back as captain.
Or so we are led to believe...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #467
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Rip is back for season 3

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/07/l...unter-returns/
Old 04-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #468
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Good, but I want Captain Rip Hunter. Sara is great, but she's too bold.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #469
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The season finale was pretty underwhelming for me. It was a good episode, but it really played it safe...

NONE of the heroes used the Spear to fix anything? Nobody saves Cold, or Laurel, or Stein's daughter (who has been forgotten for half the season), or anything?

For a show all about breaking the rules, I was expecting more.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #470
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

In short, the finale was a failure. I'm quite shocked really because it was a good season and they finished it poorly.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #471
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
The season finale was pretty underwhelming for me. It was a good episode, but it really played it safe...

NONE of the heroes used the Spear to fix anything? Nobody saves Cold, or Laurel, or Stein's daughter (who has been forgotten for half the season), or anything?

For a show all about breaking the rules, I was expecting more.
I was thinking the same thing... It would be cool to see if maybe she did save those people but made herself forget so as to not have to undo it later...? Like once the writers see that most fans were let down and they read stuff like this and decide to retcon it into having have happened...

And honestly, I'd like to have had at least a one liner about fixing the ship since the past version one was broken and the future version should have been erased from time....
Old 05-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #472
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

In the wake of Doomworld, the team effectively broke time in trying to stop the Legion of Doom. They subsequently crash-landed in Los Angeles 2017, where they saw a smattering of buildings from various time periods and a T. Rex hoard approaching their ship.

Suffice it to say, the Legends will be scrambling to fix their mistakes — that is, if Rip Hunter’s (Arthur Darvill) newly formed Time Bureau will let them. The CW released a tease of what’s in store for season 3 when announcing its new fall lineup that seems to indicate Rip will clash with his old teammates next season:

“After the defeat of Eobard Thawne and his equally nefarious Legion of Doom, the Legends face a new threat created by their actions at the end of last season. In revisiting a moment in time that they had already participated in, they have essentially fractured the timeline and created anachronisms – a scattering of people, animals, and objects all across time! Our team must find a way to return all the anachronisms to their original timelines before the time stream falls apart. But before our Legends can jump back into action, Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) and his newly established Time Bureau call their methods into question. With the Time Bureau effectively the new sheriffs in town, the Legends disband – until Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) discovers one of them in the middle of his well-deserved vacation in Aruba. Seeing this as an opportunity to continue their time traveling heroics, Sara (Caity Lotz) wastes no time in getting the Legends back together. We reunite with billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), the unconventional historian-turned-superhero Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), and Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (Franz Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm. Once reunited, the Legends will challenge the Time Bureau’s authority over the timeline and insist that however messy their methods may be, some problems are beyond the Bureau’s capabilities. Some problems can only be fixed by Legends.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/18/legends-...on-3-spoilers/ Legends Season 3 details

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-18-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #473
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Some problems can only be fixed by Legends.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/18/legends-...on-3-spoilers/ Legends Season 3 details
So the Legends split up again... which would explain Victor Garber being the Starfleet-ish Admiral in The Orville.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #474
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Tomaz is joining the cast in season 3 being played by a Muslim American. Looks like Tomaz has the power of Isis its kinda like Black Adam and Shazam's Power

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/06...o?sf85767910=1

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 06-06-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #475
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Tomaz is joining the cast in season 3 being played by a Muslim American. Looks like Tomaz has the power of Isis its kinda like Black Adam and Shazam's Power

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/06...o?sf85767910=1
Actually Shazam gave her the powers. There was even a live action Isis series. It was paired as the Isis/Shazam power hour at one point. I remember both shows as a kid. But this Isis is from da future (2030) so perhaps a descendant of the original??
Old 06-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #476
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

The Berlanti-verse returns Oct 9th - 12th!

http://tvline.com/2017/06/08/the-cw-...ash-riverdale/
Old 06-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #477
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Billy Zane has been cast in Legends of Tomorrow as P.T Barnum. Im sure there's gonna be some "Titanic" references. Wonder if the legends will save Dumbo from being run over by that train....

https://www.newsarama.com/34917-bill...c-reunion.html
Old 07-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #478
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Finished watching S1 and well my opinion changed through out the show.

At first I found it extremely boring and hated it and I really wanted to love the show. I mean you have c-list heroes forming a team and they time travel to fight Vandal Savage? But episode after episode it was just a bore to watch. Luckily after the Green Arrow episode which man did his "old" make up look fake as f-ck. The show seemed to slowly get better as I started to enjoy it a lot and by the end there were plenty of episodes I really liked and I actually started caring about what was happening.

Random thoughts.
Why is hawkman white? I normally hate when they race swap but Hawkgirl being brown made perfect sense so why not him as well?

Still unsure if I like Captain Cold and Heat Wave being on the team, I love them and think they're awesome but both were awesome villains as well and well I got to see a whole season of them, so I'm conflicted. Also why would two guys withe lement guns be recruited? haha.

I stopped paying attention to all the time travel, but it seemed like many things just wouldn't make sense anymore because of the changes they made like Sara meeting Lance in the past. The time travel also doesn't seem to match with how it works in The Flash's universe but then again even on that show the time travel was iffy.

The only team member I didn't like is Sarah/White Canary, I never liked her in Arrow and she's just as pointless here. Hawkgirl was also annoying but what can I say to have Hawkgirl in a show is cool even if her wings are hardly seen. The Atom I hated in Arrow but here I was able to stand him. Another good thing about this show is it cut the fat of characters that Arrow/Flash had accumulated, sure they still found ways to add even more characters but hey at least they tried.

Savage had potential to be such an awesome villain but he had many mediocre and weak episods, It was still cool. Seeing Jonah Hex was also cool even if I didn't like the actor, I actually thinkt he movie might've been better.

Looking forward to Season 2 even if I might not see it till next year.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #479
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Also why would two guys withe lement guns be recruited? haha.
Because they're good at what they do, and their skills were needed. They were good assets when it came to a mission involving gathering ancient artifacts.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #480
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Finished watching S1 and well my opinion changed through out the show.

At first I found it extremely boring and hated it and I really wanted to love the show. I mean you have c-list heroes forming a team and they time travel to fight Vandal Savage? But episode after episode it was just a bore to watch. Luckily after the Green Arrow episode which man did his "old" make up look fake as f-ck. The show seemed to slowly get better as I started to enjoy it a lot and by the end there were plenty of episodes I really liked and I actually started caring about what was happening.

Random thoughts.
Why is hawkman white? I normally hate when they race swap but Hawkgirl being brown made perfect sense so why not him as well?

Still unsure if I like Captain Cold and Heat Wave being on the team, I love them and think they're awesome but both were awesome villains as well and well I got to see a whole season of them, so I'm conflicted. Also why would two guys withe lement guns be recruited? haha.

I stopped paying attention to all the time travel, but it seemed like many things just wouldn't make sense anymore because of the changes they made like Sara meeting Lance in the past. The time travel also doesn't seem to match with how it works in The Flash's universe but then again even on that show the time travel was iffy.

The only team member I didn't like is Sarah/White Canary, I never liked her in Arrow and she's just as pointless here. Hawkgirl was also annoying but what can I say to have Hawkgirl in a show is cool even if her wings are hardly seen. The Atom I hated in Arrow but here I was able to stand him. Another good thing about this show is it cut the fat of characters that Arrow/Flash had accumulated, sure they still found ways to add even more characters but hey at least they tried.

Savage had potential to be such an awesome villain but he had many mediocre and weak episods, It was still cool. Seeing Jonah Hex was also cool even if I didn't like the actor, I actually thinkt he movie might've been better.

Looking forward to Season 2 even if I might not see it till next year.
Why wouldn't Hawkman be white? I'm all for descendant characters being added but original characters being tweaked only for "diversity" kind of offputting. Or make a new character... the first season was kimd of all over the place. Season 2 gets somewhat better.