The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-12-2017, 05:13 AM   #7101
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Rewatched Clueless, love that movie.

Suicide Squad, it wasn't as bad as I feared (still subpar), had a couple of nice moments. Joker and Harley was edgelord galore so that was a bit disappointing. The scenes with Batman was more Batman-y then the entire BvS.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:39 AM   #7102
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Rewatched Clueless, love that movie.

Suicide Squad, it wasn't as bad as I feared (still subpar), had a couple of nice moments. Joker and Harley was edgelord galore so that was a bit disappointing. The scenes with Batman was more Batman-y then the entire BvS.
I try not to think about BvS because I like myself too much to do so.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #7103
CyberCubed
Overlord

I spent the last month watching nearly 50 Jackie Chan movies. 90% of these I saw for the first time. God damn, the man is a living legend. Crazy stuff, especially his movies from the 70's, 80's and early 90's when he was younger and did insane stunts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:34 AM   #7104
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I watched Moana on Netflix. A good movie. Loved The Rock as Maui. Wish they had a more decent Villain.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:49 AM   #7105
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I spent the last month watching nearly 50 Jackie Chan movies. 90% of these I saw for the first time. God damn, the man is a living legend. Crazy stuff, especially his movies from the 70's, 80's and early 90's when he was younger and did insane stunts.
Awesome! I think I like Police Story the best.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #7106
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Awesome! I think I like Police Story the best.
Police Story 3: Supercop was the best of them all, although they were all good. Make sure you watch it in the original though, the english dub cut out too many scenes. I always try to watch Jackie Chan movies in the original language, besides the ones that were made for America like the Rush Hour series, etc.

I never expected to make it through 50 Jackie Chan movies, but I somehow did. Haven't watched his very most recent movies after 2013 or so, but they all got poor reviews so I'm not in a hurry.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #7107
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Krampus

Had been waiting quite a while to see it show up on HBO or elsewhere. That is a very odd mix of elements and whatnot, and rather good.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #7108
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I love Jackie Chan, and I try to watch a movie of his every once in a while and only marathon when they are a series. Even though I've been a fan since a teen there are still movies of his that I've yet to watch, including a few left from the golden years. 70s-80s.

His American stuff is not that bad, especially if you take into account that not only did hollywood not allow him to do stunts but he was already old by then to top himself. They're not his best work but they're underrated, especially when compared to his later Chinese movies, ugh have all been terrible. When Jackie said he'd be back to China to make movies since Hollywood sucked, it was like "awesome" but I've yet to see a new movie of his that i like.

I prefer to watch his movies dubbed, especially when Jackie dubs himself. I know they are cut but the stories are so silly that I can get bored, it can distract from the fights and in generally since growing up with the dubs Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee films just feel "right" when they're badly dubbed.

I still hope for Rush Hour 4 even if I didn't really enjoy 2/3 that much, the interaction between Tucker and Jackie is just too awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Police Story 3: Supercop was the best of them
Did you watch all of them? Including the two reboots they gave them? The "new" version of the mid 00's and another in 2013, both are reboots and have nothing to do with Police Story, nor do they feature any action like them or similar themes. I get Jackie Chan wanted to do more "dramatic" movies but these are terrible. I remember being so excited for a "new" Police Story...

Did you check out Supercop part 2? It's a spin-off and Jackie only appears in one scene but while not a JC movie, it's a decent cheesy 90s action film.

Last edited by sdp; 06-21-2017 at 07:09 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:10 PM   #7109
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

As far as I'm concerned, you may as well watch anything pre Supercop dubbed. They didn't shoot synch sound in Hong Kong movies at the time, so even the Cantonese versions are dubbed, and not with the original actors' voice either. Supercop was the first time a Hong Kong made Jackie Chan movie used his actual voice.

Don't watch the English dub of Project A though, it's bloody awful.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:44 AM   #7110
Slade
god status

Wonder Woman. Very good, will probably see it again.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #7111
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Saw Inside Out. Loved it, it gave me all the feels

Monkey King Hero Is Back, it's a Chinese cgi movie. It was really fun but ended a abruptly.

Drunken Master 1, classic Jackie Chan. the Norwegian Netflix version kept jumping from English dub to Cantonese which was pretty hilarious at times as the audio would change in the same scene.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #7112
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Batman: Bad Blood. Very good. The score was fantastic. The highlight for me was Alfred fighting, he sure knows how to kick some butt.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #7113
wvfan
Random Punk

Rise of the planet of the apes.

I was big fan of the orignal films and decided to give new films a try.
I was surprised I really enjoyed it and it was a realy good prequal.
wvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:14 AM   #7114
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Wonder Woman, it was amazing.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 AM   #7115
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Jupiter Ascending. Heard it was some science fiction. It sucked.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:33 PM   #7116
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

It Comes At Night. A huge disappointment, but I guess that's what I get for not watching a trailer or reading any reviews.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #7117
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
It Comes At Night. A huge disappointment, but I guess that's what I get for not watching a trailer or reading any reviews.
Reviews won't help, either. Critics ****ing loooooove that ****. Another problem with the rotten tomatoes bull.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #7118
CyberCubed
Overlord

John Wick 2 was amazing. It's funny how a movie with such a simple or non-existent plot can be so fun to watch.

Keeanu Reeves is great, I'm glad a third one is already in production. Hoping Laurence Fishborne has a bigger role in the third one.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #7119
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Reviews won't help, either. Critics ****ing loooooove that ****. Another problem with the rotten tomatoes bull.
I went to see it just because it had a cool name and poster, and got high scores on both IMDB and RT. I only should have gotten to know what it was about, because the whole subject matter isn't one I find too interesting nor scary in horror.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #7120
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

The LEGO Batman Movie.
It was good. I really liked all the references to previous Batman films and all the hidden characters throughout. The comedy felt really childish at times (big shock, I know) but some scenes had me laughing out loud. Overall a fun film.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies