The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks, I will do that.

Do you know what would be the main trustworthy auction houses in that case?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #22
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

For newer productions, I'm not the best person to give advice. Check out some of the movie prop groups on Facebook-- the community is pretty strong and loves to help out people new to the hobby.

It's much like collecting original comic art-- things rarely hit the public marketplace. It's a hunt with a ton of replicas being passed off as the real deal.

Prop collecting-- a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Gottcha, thanks for the advice/tips.

Yeah, been hanging around one FB group for a few weeks and taking note of some of the conversations. Went in already knowing that there are those who will try to scam others of course (and was definitely already cautious how easy a random katana could be to make claims about), but I'm actually shocked at the extent that some will screw others over. And more so that a suppose 'business' might... They must have no conscious at all.

Definitely bittersweet on that replica I'd had ordered... Still disappointed it was canceled, esp not knowing if I can even find one of the film props (really hope so), but on the other hand, I'm kind of glad no fraud will try to resell it to someone for a grand claiming it to be real.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote