Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #3181
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Since June 2013 i started searching again.
Only thing we saw Shredder seeking out was the Turtles. Shredder himself must need glasses...
Old 02-07-2018, 05:22 PM   #3182
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I wonder how they'll communicate. The Turtlecom was basically an amped up walkie talkie. The Shell Cell was an amped up pre-smary phone cell phone and obviously the tPhone was an amped up smart phone. People still use smartphones a lot today, they just keep upgrading them. I wonder what they'll use now.
Something like this I'm guessing

If not then regular T Smart phones
Old 02-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #3183
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130824012122
That's kinda awkward to walk around with and just pull out all those holograms randomly during a mission. Imagine whipping out all those holograms everytime you answer a call from April.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #3184
eskater
Foot Soldier

Maybe a chip embedded into their heads?
Old 02-08-2018, 09:32 AM   #3185
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Why can't they just use cell phones?
Old 02-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #3186
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The Turtlecom in the OT is not a super walkie talkie, it was a sci-fi communication device, if anything humanity has caught up with the OT sci-fi tech thanks to Smartphones. Sadly it seems that all TMNT incarnations have stuck with the smartphone idea the OT created.

Smart watches already exist so what could they possibly come up with? Scouter type devices? Invisible communication, hell since it's magic based why not using magic to communicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Why can't they just use cell phones?
Shell phones you mean?
Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #3187
Shellington
Foot Soldier

Is this show going to get its own board?
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Old 02-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #3188
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellington View Post
Is this show going to get its own board?
It probably will as we get closer to release and Krang actually logs into the forums after every few months.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #3189
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130824012122
PD Donnie had a hologram on his wrist dodad, so Rise will probably have something similar
Old 02-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #3190
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
PD Donnie had a hologram on his wrist dodad, so Rise will probably have something similar
But it would have to be for all 4 of em, not just Donnie.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-08-2018, 06:31 PM   #3191
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That's kinda awkward to walk around with and just pull out all those holograms randomly during a mission. Imagine whipping out all those holograms everytime you answer a call from April.
Not to mention super conspicuous when you're trying to be stealthy out in public and you can't wait to take that call.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #3192
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Should we be worried that all the episodes will be self contained. I pretty much prefer shows that are continuity driven.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:54 PM   #3193
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Maybe if they end up feeling rushed. I liked how some of the stand alone eps 2012 did still had an underlying connection to the rest of the series; hoping this new series will do that, too, and suspect it will. Stand alone, but still a gradually evolving theme.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:42 AM   #3194
newfan
Mad Scientist

Nicks airing didn't help the last show from the continuation point, I'm sure I remember reading that the creators found that a challenge if they were thinking of doing 2 parters for instance. Still, I can't see this being stand alone.... though know as much as everyone else.
A lot of shows have stand alone eps, even adult shows, it gives a break from the main story line of the season and shows the characters doing what they do generally. I enjoyed some of the Nick stand alone eps. There just needs to be a balance.

Last edited by newfan; 02-09-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:40 AM   #3195
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Should we be worried that all the episodes will be self contained. I pretty much prefer shows that are continuity driven.
Nobody said all the episodes would be self-contained. It's obviously going to have continuity throughout the show. Most Nick 2012 eps were self-contained too, it just means not every episode is going to end with a "To be continued."
Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #3196
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nobody said all the episodes would be self-contained. It's obviously going to have continuity throughout the show. Most Nick 2012 eps were self-contained too, it just means not every episode is going to end with a "To be continued."
"To be continued" shows can be intimidating for new viewers too. I'm actually ok with the happy middle.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #3197
CyberCubed
Overlord

They don't even need to do that. Most Nick TMNT episodes weren't continuations besides the finales yet the entire show had continuity. Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon did the same thing.

It's pretty much a requirement for all modern action cartoons to have continuity. I can't think of a single one that doesn't.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #3198
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It was never intimidating, especially not now in the age of streaming. As a kid I loved anime because things actually had stakes and the adventure continued instead of everything going back to status quo by the end of the episode.

Continuity is mainstream now after companies realized it people loved it. In fact I think it's become sort of a problem since we now don't have great single character driven episodes which flesh out the heroes we love, and when they do people cry FILLER when it's clearly not. Also some shows have this season long story arc that sometimes drags because they don't understand having a continuing storyline and just extending the plot of a three episode arc over an entire season.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:18 AM   #3199
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It was never intimidating, especially not now in the age of streaming. As a kid I loved anime because things actually had stakes and the adventure continued instead of everything going back to status quo by the end of the episode.

Except for Kirby: Right Back at Ya, Yokai-Watch, and Space Dandy.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #3200
eskater
Foot Soldier

I'm not saying it's not easier but even with streaming too much continuity can intimidate a person. I don't think something like an anthology is what the TMNT needs but maybe more of a Tales of the TMNT feel? I think when a series finds it's happy medium it works best. Something overarching but episodes as a standalone stories embedded in them are great too.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters