The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

The 4Kids one for GBA? I just recently acquired and finished that one. Pretty good! Do you remember what part you got stuck on? I managed to get through it rather quickly. It's rather short, that was my only nitpick.

I liked a lot of what they came up with for that game. I liked that you're required to play as each of the Turtles and that they each have their own unique levels designed around their own gameplay style, since each Turtle has unique abilities, but I wish they'd managed to let you "free play" all of the levels with whichever Turtle you wanted after completing the main game. Would have added greatly to the replay value. I'm not sure if they could have, since each level pretty much required that specific Turtle's abilities to navigate and complete it, but they could've figured it out.

But on the whole, not a bad piece of business! I definitely regret overlooking it when it came out, and I feel bad that apparently a lot of people did. The beat-'em'up sections definitely brought back fond memories of the good ol' days and felt like a natural evolution of Turtles In Time. The rest of the game tried some new things and I feel they mostly turned out well.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM   #22
D-ray
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656
See, those Rabbids were bullsh*t. That kinda sh*t right there infuriates me when they easily could have given those spots to literally ANY thing else.
Bahahahaha! It's so damn true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley
Iíve lost interest in videogames, but my favourite TMNT game was the first one for the Game Boy Advance, even though I wasnít a beat-em up fan could never beat it. Never cared much for the others I played tbh.
I'm the exact opposite: hardcore maniac gamer.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #23
D-ray
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The 4Kids one for GBA? I just recently acquired and finished that one. Pretty good! Do you remember what part you got stuck on? I managed to get through it rather quickly. It's rather short, that was my only nitpick.

I liked a lot of what they came up with for that game. I liked that you're required to play as each of the Turtles and that they each have their own unique levels designed around their own gameplay style, since each Turtle has unique abilities, but I wish they'd managed to let you "free play" all of the levels with whichever Turtle you wanted after completing the main game. Would have added greatly to the replay value. I'm not sure if they could have, since each level pretty much required that specific Turtle's abilities to navigate and complete it, but they could've figured it out.

But on the whole, not a bad piece of business! I definitely regret overlooking it when it came out, and I feel bad that apparently a lot of people did. The beat-'em'up sections definitely brought back fond memories of the good ol' days and felt like a natural evolution of Turtles In Time. The rest of the game tried some new things and I feel they mostly turned out well.
Sadly I barely played them...
But I remember that they were pretty good!

I remember remaining stucked in that level with Donatello where you had to destroy four targets (I think) with Donatello's long range attack! I didn't knew you could actually do such move. After that, I don't remember even finishing one...

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

I generally make it a point to finish at least most of the games I play. I get some real guilt and anxiety otherwise. For example, even though Battle Nexus was by default the worst of the ones I've played - more simply because the others were so much better by comparison than anything - I still had every intention of finishing it, and I've given it several tries over the years, I just can't get past the glitch near the end, and that's a shame.

I haven't managed to "100%" every TMNT game, far from it, but I at least manage to beat the main game repeatedly, most times. The only one I've played and didn't beat was the original NES game, and I'm pretty sure that's one I just have to forget about.

Just for the hell of it, the TMNT games I own are:

- NES original
- TMNT 2: The Arcade Game (NES)
- TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
- TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
- TMNT: Back From The Sewer (Game Boy)
- Turtles In Time (SNES)
- Tournament Fighters (SNES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2004, Gamecube)
- TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (Gamecube)
- TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare (Xbox)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Game Boy Advance)
- TMNT (2007 movie game, PS2)
- TMNT 1989 Arcade Game (Xbox 360, digital)
- TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled (Xbox 360, digital)
- TMNT Smash-Up (Wii)
- Nickelodeon's TMNT (Xbox 360)
- Nickelodeon's TMNT: Danger of the Ooze (PS3)
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows (Xbox 360, digital)
- TMNT: Mutants In Manhattan (Xbox One)

Of that list, the only ones I haven't at least beaten the main game on are the first NES game, and the first Nick TMNT game, which I only bought recently and simply haven't played yet. I *think* I'm only really missing the third Game Boy game, and the handheld versions of Battle Nexus, Mutant Nightmare, and the 2007 movie game. I just don't really prioritize collecting handheld games, so those have slipped by me until recently.

I didn't factor Game Boy games in when I was talking about my least-favorites, but at least one of those would probably be worse than Battle Nexus if I were to do so. They were alright for their time but objectively not great.

I never hear anyone talk about Danger of the Ooze, like, at all, which is strange. It's fine. Just... I'unno, I don't wanna say "boring", because that doesn't quite fit. But it doesn't really stick with you once you're done with it. It's fun, though. I'm sure some folks could make a case for it being among the best of the TMNT games. There's certainly not much "wrong" with it, it's just kinda... "Eh."

I also thought the game based on the 2007 movie was really cool for what it was. The "problem" with most of the TMNT games, including that one, isn't really that they're bad or do anything wrong, but simply that they don't do a whole lot to stand out or blow your mind. That's also why it can be tough to pick a "favorite"; they're all pretty good in different ways but few of them really excel in any area. Even Turtles In Time, as much fun as it is, is pretty pedestrian by beat-'em-up standards. Plenty of other games by that point gave you a lot more moves and stuff to do, although throwing bad guys at the screen was a fun novelty that never, ever gets old. But without the TMNT license, it's entirely average. Especially that damn short length. I wrote it down and lost it but I think my record is like 23 minutes and change on the hardest difficulty. How did we not riot, back in the day? I still love it, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:35 AM   #25
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Itís the 4Kids one alright. I got stuck about halfway through the last level (the point where there is a lot of enemies to fight in the elevator with lasers). I agree itís a pretty good game, though. I also liked the cutscenes in the game. Thought they were well done.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote