The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-14-2020, 01:37 AM   #8621
Vegita-San
Emperor

Something reminded me of a character that said things stilted.

'I make things go'.. or something similar..
and another character that was annoyed by him.

and it's been bugging me the past few hours..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:26 AM   #8622
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Is it just me (or rather our home number) or have scammer phone calls increased right now suspiciously at tax time?

Cripe, we've got one now spoofing the electric company's number. Mom picked the first call of it up the other day... Thick Indian accent, could hardly understand him and she wasn't cooperating so the guy hung up on her. Was the electric company's legit customer service number that came up on the phone... Now this evening they've called twice, again with a number use by the company, but this one was their emergency number, like if you have to report a downed power line or something like that. Yeah, definitely a fake. And of course we can't block that because it's a legit number for the company, so I guess the jackass gets to continue to harass us. Grr.

Have had a number of weird, clearly scammy ones lately, more than usual. Including another one just now, soon after that last one by the electric company fake.
It seems to be an area thing. We were getting them almost every half our in December. They're relentless.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #8623
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's too bad phones don't have a way to let their owners flag those calls so that they end up investigated or blocked on the company end if enough people flag it.

Sad grind... That song in the Range Rover commercial with the dog -- you know, "I found a place in my heart...I found a light in the dark...I found my heaven" -- isn't a real song. Was produced just for the ad, so I guess there is nothing more to it. Darn.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #8624
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Something reminded me of a character that said things stilted.

'I make things go'.. or something similar..
and another character that was annoyed by him.

and it's been bugging me the past few hours..

I believe you are referring to an alien race in Star Trek TNG, who were incredibly inept at engineering and building, but oddly manipulative and cunning at getting their way. They kidnapped Geordie to force him to help them fix their ship, and were fond of saying "We look for things. Things to make us go." Geordie got highly frustrated by their apparent stupidity.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #8625
Vegita-San
Emperor

that was it .....

Been bugging me lately cause the radio guy said a line in a similar way and it triggered half a memory

Old 03-24-2020, 06:55 PM   #8626
Powder
So tired of this place

F*cking mailman keeps putting slips in my box saying nobody was here to accept packages.

I have watched him do it. Doesn't even get out of the car to knock or ring the bell, that motherf*cker. There's a car in the driveway, among other signs of life. I live eight God damned miles from the USPS. This is BS.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:52 AM   #8627
Vegita-San
Emperor

Am I the only one confused by Shredder's Plot line in 'Shredder in Hell?'

Since when did he suddenly become a tragic character and somewhat good guy?

it's like they completely switched around shredder and splinters personalities.
with yoshi becoming leader of the foot clan.

at least it was nice to get some kind of back story on the pantheon.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #8628
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What I saw of it, I just kind of took it as some kind of backwards redemption for the better man he could have been.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #8629
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

My Janelle Monae shirt I got from amazon was indeed a bootleg piece of crap from China. Tried washing it in the washer and the design started to chip off. Trying to get a refund
Old 04-02-2020, 10:00 PM   #8630
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I think one of the biggest things I've learned with this whole virus issue is... how much I kind of hate news websites.

Why in gods name does practically EVERY article now have to included an embedded video, that may not even directly pertain to the article. Add that in with the ads that you have to allow to load, else the site screams about wanting to be white listed, and then those ads and all the other crap in the background loads and loads and loads and loads... never ending, never finishing, and along with the video it demands on having just make it take longer when all you want to do is make the damn page just scroll down so you can read over it.

Forbes... the most recent fight... omg, the ads never even stop loading new ones. I resent sites that load nonstop and don't give my computer a break. Had to fight the browser to even let me close the tab. Whoever made that site is a terrible person...as are the makers of most news sites.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:23 PM   #8631
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Hulkster messed up again , oh brother (pun very much intended
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #8632
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I wish the virus thread hadn't gotten ruined again...

Has anyone who had to file for unemployment in the U.S. gotten anything from their state as of yet?

We locked down the 24th, I filed the 26th, have submitted my claim for the last two weeks and still... nothing. Not from the state, nor that extra amount.

Bad enough I'd emailed them a couple questions on the 2nd and finally only yesterday got a reply. I understand they're probably swamped with applications, emails, etc. Though a local reddit page has some people saying they've received it (including the added $600) while some others like me saying they have not gotten a damn thing.

edit: Sent an email about it, but goodness knows I won't hear anything back for a days.

4/30 - Power out, thanks storm. Sitting in a dark house, trying to use the internet on my work device.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-30-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:12 AM   #8633
Icebot
Foot Elite

Can't pay my gas bill. And I don't mean as in I don't have the money for it, I mean as in the system won't let me pay it. I pay my bills online, the button where it says to continue somehow disappeared and now I can't move onto the next step so I'm stuck. I don't know what these guys want from me.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #8634
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Any way to call them and do it over the phone? Or find out what's up with the site?

I can kinda relate though. I spent a good portion of this past weekend trying multiple times to pay my car insurance online. Incredibly slow, and while I still had a button it only lead to a "can't process the request...system error" every time.

Even when I tried late Saturday night, the day it was due, and it made me hopeful by finally getting as far as the payment page... albeit slowly... and then every time I tried to submit it, it still gave me an error saying it could not process the payment.

Maybe these issues are high traffic related errors/bugs? (Got mine paid, but was a day late.)

Grind... DeviantArt forcing their new design on people. That site has long been one of the ones that loaded well and was nicely light for my older computer and browser, but now it has become a slow, script heavy mess like so many others. I love browsing it almost daily to check out the newest fan art people have made for things I'm into, but now... well I guess I can forget that as the frustration will no doubt no longer be worth it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-21-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #8635
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Any way to call them and do it over the phone? Or find out what's up with the site?

I can kinda relate though. I spent a good portion of this past weekend trying multiple times to pay my car insurance online. Incredibly slow, and while I still had a button it only lead to a "can't process the request...system error" every time.

Even when I tried late Saturday night, the day it was due, and it made me hopeful by finally getting as far as the payment page... albeit slowly... and then every time I tried to submit it, it still gave me an error saying it could not process the payment.

Maybe these issues are high traffic related errors/bugs? (Got mine paid, but was a day late.)

Grind... DeviantArt forcing their new design on people. That site has long been one of the ones that loaded well and was nicely light for my older computer and browser, but now it has become a slow, script heavy mess like so many others. I love browsing it almost daily to check out the newest fan art people have made for things I'm into, but now... well I guess I can forget that as the frustration will no doubt no longer be worth it.
Thanks. I think my issue is taken care of. I was able to send a message to customer service, they said I needed to accept cookies for it to work properly. I changed my settings per their instructions but nothing worked. However they said I could mail them a check and they gave me a PO box mailing address so I mailed them a check instead.

I'm so sorry about your issue with the car insurance payment, yeah I know how frustrating that must have been. Hope there's no penalty or anything for the lateness.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:25 PM   #8636
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife had the same problem with paying her car insurance. She called them every couple of days and they assured her there wouldn't be any problems since it wasn't her fault. Finally it went through.

So yeah it'll probably be no problem but it's a good idea to stay in touch with them by phone to cover one's own ass, just to be safe about it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #8637
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
Hope there's no penalty or anything for the lateness.
Luckily, no, it seems that it's fine if it's just a day late. Not so sure if it had gone on longer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
So yeah it'll probably be no problem but it's a good idea to stay in touch with them by phone to cover one's own ass, just to be safe about it.
Yeah, exactly, which is what annoyed me about the fact that it was due on Saturday, so of course no weekend hours to call the agent.

Grind... When you're trying to do a final dungeon in part of a game, the original end game content no less -- *cough* and it has take you and a friend years to finally get there because you're rather casual players -- and the game announces an emergency maintenance shut down in 30 min and that's never going to be long enough so you'll have to go back and do it all over later. Yay.

Plus the "free" month of membership via a gift card from a family member is soon running out so now it's just losing time and the ability to even do that dungeon without having to buy it via game currency to get back in.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-22-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:20 AM   #8638
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

finding an online job

bills

having trouble with Microsoft excel

getting stir crazy

the freaking heat in my miserable house with little to know air circulation

having to rely on other people to get stuff done (man oh man if I could be a one woman army and had basic carpenter skills)

Actually this is the worst. I hate relying on other people for anything or asking for help especially when they say "yes" to helping you and then it either:

a) never comes up again.

b) It gets put off for an obnoxious amount of time while you wait and are stuck to go forward until they lend a hand

c) You feel like a pest bringing it up

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series

Last edited by Sage Ninja; 06-22-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 03:53 AM   #8639
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Pushy and snobbish people in positions of authority who abuse it by treating others differently based on petty biases and dislike. So much bs, but even more so when they bring up "lack of respect" in front of higher ups, and then when you try to call them on it, somehow it's all on you. Respect works both ways.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #8640
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Actually this is the worst. I hate relying on other people for anything or asking for help especially when they say "yes" to helping you and then it either:

a) never comes again.

b) It gets put off for an obnoxious amount of time while you wait and are stuck to go forward until they lend a hand

c) You feel like a pest bringing it up
God yes, esp 'c' as feeling like a burden often makes me resist asking. Also:
d) Those people who want to insert their preferences/ideas into something, instead of just helping make your idea come true, and if you oppose then they don't want to help anymore.

Grind... Figures that now we finally get some nice warmth happening we're punished with high humidity.